Seahawks rank #3 in special teams

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
RiverDog":36fkqyzn said:
LTH":36fkqyzn said:
So far this season we have seen fumble recoveries on punt and kickoff, a blocked extra point, an onside kick recovery that was called back but it was still a WAY cool play, a fake punt touch down, and a bunch of killer hits... a double punt any team who isn't looking at this Unit as a threat is STUPID...

I'm calling for a fake field goal TD... the other thing that just wouldn't surprise me that you NEVER see in the NFL is a punted FG from Dickson not exactly sure how that would work I actually think MD has done that before Maybe i dreampt that one not sure. I know if they get the right look somnething is going to happen ...

Thoughts?

LTH

Special teams, in particular the punt/kickoff teams, are a huge advantage when you have a top 5 defense, not nearly as much when your defense is ranked 31st.

I think that's why Pete moved up in the draft to take Dickson. He knew how valuable he'd be to his ideal defense such as we had during the LOB years.

I think it's a reasonable assertion that the LOB was one of the best D's in NFL history. and It is VERY difficult to replace these guys especially where the Hawks drafted them and where the Hawks have been drafting in the draft.

You're NOT going to draft a Nick Bosa or a JJ watt in the bottom of the 1st round and that has to be a consideration.

I think one of the major issues for the Hawks over the last couple of years is they have NOT been able to get the corners they need... they have struggled to find the fit in Carrols D.

I think the Hawks have the pieces in Taylor and Robinson they just need to continue to develop and i think that's what you get when you draft where the Hawks have been drafting. I also think that Collier is NOT as bad as what people are making him out to be he is developing slowly but again that's what you get when you draft where the hawks are drafting players that need to develop...

Thats my take

LTH

as for your assertion that a great punter is better with a great D I totally agree with that, but MD has been Steller reguardless of how good of a d he has...

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Rat":196jkwhd said:
Dickson had better be All-Pro. Probably our only one though.

Wagner should get the nod too. He's on pace for a NFL record 198 tackles. He may have lost his burst and top speed but the man is still one of the best at his position.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Aros":1nbsfs0l said:
Rat":1nbsfs0l said:
Dickson had better be All-Pro. Probably our only one though.

Wagner should get the nod too. He's on pace for a NFL record 198 tackles. He may have lost his burst and top speed but the man is still one of the best at his position.

Not to take anything away from Bobby as he's a tackling machine, but his number of tackles this season is a direct result of us having the league's worst time of possession stat, meaning that our defense is on the field a lot more than other, better defenses. He's going to get A LOT more tackling opportunities than other linebackers. His number of tackles alone doesn't justify an All Pro selection.

For example, Arizona's two inside linebackers, Jordan Hicks and Isiah Simmons, have 740 and 727 snaps respectively. Bobby has 906.

94Smith

Reaction score
Seahawks special teams vs the 49ers (poor) special teams was a key component in both their wins

Jville

Reaction score
94Smith":1me2sopu said:
Seahawks special teams vs the 49ers (poor) special teams was a key component in both their wins

You nailed it!

The special teams mismatch was the difference making match up for both of this years games.

Latest posts