Sounders Season Thread - Sigi is STAYING

TestMo1337

Reaction score
Smurf":2urui5g5 said:
sammyc521":2urui5g5 said:
Why is that every round is not aggregate?

When was the last time that a team that lead on the road, came back to their home crowd and lost? I honestly am curious.

Nothing rivals it because there's nothing like it. No sport does a home-home series where it's basically a double-match. It would be like playing 8 quarters (NBA or NFL), 18 innings or 6 periods. If the goal is to give fans an opportunity to watch a home game... why is it not implemented in every round?

First, the MLB and NBA do best of seven series....same concept...cept they are counting wins, not score. I would like to know the aggregate scores of those playoffs. World Series was 27-14 Red Sox (10-5 in 2 game series). NBA finals was 689-684 Heat (195-172 in 2 game series). Stanley Cup was 17-15 (5-5 after 2 game series, 4-4 if you exclude OT). Seems to me like an aggregate system would work in those sports as well.

Second, I REALLY don't like comparing Soccer to other sports. I Just disagree with the fundamental concept. It doesn't prove anything...It's just different, and that's one of the reasons I like it. That's one of the reasons its special to me. To me, Soccer is Soccer. There isn't anything like it and thats the way i like it.

Third, Easy. Last year the LA Galaxy lost 0-1 at home to the San Jose Earthquakes and won 3-1 in the away leg.

Fourth, I don't write the rules for the MLS playoffs. I couldn't tell you why the play-in round is a one off game. I just don't know. I was angered when they added in the knockout round to begin with. More than half of the teams in the league qualify for the playoffs under the new format. That is absurd to me. But its the rules, and that's what we have to live with. I guess they give those fringe teams a 1-game play-in to prove they belong. For example, Houston and Montreal wouldn't have qualified under the 2010 rules. Houston has done pretty well if I'd say so myself...and they usually do. Been to MLS Cup 4 times in the last 6 seasons (2-2). It's what we got, and I am happy we have a playoff system and not just a league table. It's one of the things I enjoy about MLS vs other leagues in the world.
Thanks for the reply.

You can seem to see the blue skies amongst the grey clouds and I commend you for your faith in your team.

OP
OP
Smurf

Smurf

Reaction score
sammyc521":32zgyjzv said:
Thanks for the reply.

You can seem to see the blue skies amongst the grey clouds and I commend you for your faith in your team.

The Bluest Skies you'll ever see, are in seattle.

OP
OP
Smurf

Smurf

Reaction score
How about that. Houston eliminates the supporters sheild winners, NYRB.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
atleast tonight there wont be any football lines on the field...

knownone

Reaction score
Smurf":2ou6oqwx said:
How about that. Houston eliminates the supporters sheild winners, NYRB.
Its crazy how Houston always finds a way to win. The Red Bulls thoroughly dominated Houston in both games, yet some how Houston managed to finish the limited chances they were given and won.

OP
OP
Smurf

Smurf

Reaction score
Yedlin plays. Oba in the 18. Leo out. And Shalrie Joseph at forward......this is going to get interesting....

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Smurf":jlh0e0oq said:
Yedlin plays. Oba in the 18. Leo out. And Shalrie Joseph at forward......this is going to get interesting....
Sigi is starting Joseph at forward? God, what a dumbass. I can't wait for him to be canned.

OP
OP
Smurf

Smurf

Reaction score
Quick to jump on him... I think its an interesting strategy.

He wants to keep the diamond, but is out neagle and oba isn't ready for 90.

Shalrie makes sense. Keep demspey in the CAM role, he will open up space. He's always been best withdrawn from a forward in space.

Shalrie can win aerial balls and was a key element to getting us a goal last match. For 60 minutes its not a bad strategy. We just became more dynamic on set plays.

OP
OP
Smurf

Smurf

Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised if dempsey and Joseph interchange a bit.

knownone

Reaction score
Joseph at forward could be genius, good shot, good in the air and great passer. It also covers up his obvoius deficiencies on defense.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Well, at least Seattle didn't drag it out before they made a stupid mistake that led to a goal. Good luck against RSL, Portland.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Well, maybe this will make up just a tiny little bit for the Ducks losing tonight.

If Sounders come back and win all of Oregon might go on suicide watch. haha

Reaneypark

Reaction score
Has anyone done less with more than Sigi? He better not be here next season.

Latest posts