Sonics/NHL/New arena thread

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
Metropolitans is such a cringy name. :x

Please no.... reminds me of ice cream and metrosexual. Do we really want to be called the Metrosexuals by every other NHL fan?

You guys remember the failed Seattle slogan, MetroNatural?? That didn't go over well either.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
twisted_steel2":3qfg3j0x said:
Metropolitans is such a cringy name. :x

Please no.... reminds me of ice cream and metrosexual. Do we really want to be called the Metrosexuals by every other NHL fan?

You guys remember the failed Seattle slogan, MetroNatural?? That didn't go over well either.

Lol, yeah I don't like Metropolitans either............cause then people will call them the Mets for short, and no one wants that.

I like Totems or Stealhead. Thunderbirds would be the best, but I doubt that'd fly with the minor league conflict of interest.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
I like Graylings.. it's a cool ice fish, and it's always gray here.. during hockey season...and it sounds good :D

...and the color combo's could be awesome.

DJrmb

Reaction score
I'd like to stay away from any type of Salmon or fish in general, that just doesn't seem tough at all. My Salmon is going up against your Grizzly bear.... lol Sure "Steelhead" sounds tough saying it but in reality our mascot/logo would be a fish and that's not bad ass at all. But hey, that's just my opinion, to each their own.

A tribute to our history in flight would be nice, like the Supersonics was, but there's already the Flyers, Jets, and Wings...

Totems is the best I've seen so far. I like the ties into our history. The Seattle Tribe isn't horrible either.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
DJrmb":2l27tt05 said:
I'd like to stay away from any type of Salmon or fish in general, that just doesn't seem tough at all. My Salmon is going up against your Grizzly bear.... lol Sure "Steelhead" sounds tough saying it but in reality our mascot/logo would be a fish and that's not bad ass at all. But hey, that's just my opinion, to each their own.

A tribute to our history in flight would be nice, like the Supersonics was, but there's already the Flyers, Jets, and Wings...

Totems is the best I've seen so far. I like the ties into our history. The Seattle Tribe isn't horrible either.

LOL..tough.. yet there is nothing more demeaning and insulting than the Grizzly bear getting beat by the Ducks :)

DJrmb

Reaction score
Bobblehead":iowkpibq said:
DJrmb":iowkpibq said:

LOL..tough.. yet there is nothing more demeaning and insulting than the Grizzly bear getting beat by the Ducks :)
Meh, maybe.

In hockey isn't there that tradition of throwing things onto the ice? If you name yourself after a fish you might have guys skating in sushi out there... :lol:

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
DJrmb":3kzguogj said:

Pilots?

Someone on Twitter just said he doesnt want Totems, because we'd be called the Scrotums by other fans.... :?

My favorite so far, the Seattle Kraken.

https://www.behance.net/gallery/2670159 ... am-Concept

71f1822670159157510ab74552d

Bobblehead

Reaction score
The

I Pods...

the mystical legend pod of Killer Whales that swam Lake Washington.

Pycnotic

Reaction score
As a Canucks fan I can’t wait to have a team in Seattle, every year I go to at least one Seahawks game and then another trip for the NHRA NW nationals, now the possibility of seeing the Canucks there is awesome. Good luck guys, hope our two city’s can still remain friendly while being rivals

DJrmb

Reaction score
twisted_steel2":ewdtt7g2 said:
DJrmb":ewdtt7g2 said:

Pilots?

Someone on Twitter just said he doesnt want Totems, because we'd be called the Scrotums by other fans.... :?

My favorite so far, the Seattle Kraken.

https://www.behance.net/gallery/2670159 ... am-Concept

71f1822670159157510ab74552d
Kraken is pretty cool.

The Seattle Pilots was our original baseball team that moved to Milwauke. That name might be cursed...

I saw someone put this together and thought it was kind of cool The Seattle Aviators:

sea-craigcwheeler.jpg

DJrmb

Reaction score
I thought it was a concept but now that I'm looking more I'm wondering if maybe this is already a team? Like a minor league team maybe?

Edit:

Oh it looks like something someone did for their fantasy hockey team... Props, I like it.

DKiFLhIUQAA2cBI

DHawk

Reaction score
Love the Aviators! Would like to see some different color schemes for it too. Wow!

DJrmb

Reaction score
DHawk":1fu7uz6f said:
Love the Aviators! Would like to see some different color schemes for it too. Wow!
Yeah I'd personally like to see the Action Green worked in a bit from the Seahawks/Sounders colors. Not a lot just enough as a statement of unity...

Ff86eb898f7d1710647f9b7  aviators logo inspiration

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
DJrmb":2usi5dt3 said:
DHawk":2usi5dt3 said:
Yeah I'd personally like to see the Action Green worked in a bit from the Seahawks/Sounders colors. Not a lot just enough as a statement of unity...

Looks like the Red Baron pizza guy. I’m ok with that.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I like the Steelhead...
The Storm would be perfect if the women had not grabbed it.
A $650 million expansion fee?Who is paying that?
For those NBA wanters that fee will be a lot higher ..For something they stole away(had to say it)

Maulbert

Reaction score
DJrmb":1za0i307 said:
DHawk":1za0i307 said:

I like alliterative team names. The Seahawks, Sounders and Sonics all sound great.