Something to worry about...

jake206

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/DaveBoling/status/687088845096009728[/tweet]

Probably something to consider after this season.

JPatera76

Reaction score
jake206":xiis8k71 said:

didnt they extend Fisher? PC isnt going anywhere

OP
OP
J

jake206

Reaction score
JPatera76":3uu3mvwg said:
jake206":3uu3mvwg said:

You never know... L.A. owners are known to be very fickle, if Fisher doesn't win... I wouldn't put it past them to entice Pete into coming back.

Laloosh

Reaction score
I feel like Pete wants to really put his stamp on the NFL. Hard to do that without a QB. He's got the best young QB in the league (imo).

JPatera76

Reaction score
jake206":3s65n8mv said:
JPatera76":3s65n8mv said:
jake206":3s65n8mv said:

You never know... L.A. owners are very fickle, if Fisher doesn't win... I wouldn't put it past them to entice Pete into coming back.

Our owner is rich, and I have a feeling will do what he can to keep pete

bigDhawk

Reaction score
jake206":1zkpi50r said:

Not exactly breaking news. This has been speculated since Pete signed his short extension in 2014 that ends after next season. It seems like he was aware back then the time frame the NFL had planned to relocate back to LA. I don't see him angling for a coaching job of either team but possibly a front office position. That's assuming he wants to leave the best owner and best facilities in the NFL and doesn't want to coach anymore. We'll see.

rideaducati

Reaction score
JPatera76":3nihvcgm said:
jake206":3nihvcgm said:

No, they just didn't fire his sorry ass. They will before they move in to their new diggs.

2_0_6

Reaction score
Pete is to far advanced in age to start a rebuilding process all over again with another NFL team as a head coach. I could see him eventually taking a front office job down there after is 3rd SB win though.

As a coach? no way

Armchair Bronco

Reaction score
Don't be worried. This has about as much chance of happening as Bill Belichick leaving the New England Patriots to become the head coach of the Cleveland Browns -- the team where he began his coaching career -- to show the world that he's capable of making two teams great.

This will never happen.

Pete Carroll has waited his entire coaching career to reach the the level he's achieved with Seattle. He has the best owner in the league, the best QB in the league, and one of the best home field advantages in the league. He's also adored by the community and by his players.

Why would he want to leave all that just to have "Los Angeles" on his business cards?

Pete Carroll will be the head coach of the Seahawks until, eventually, he decides to retire.

chris98251

Reaction score
How many 69 year old coaches run and launch themselves into a Whiteboard, I think he has a few more years in him.

HawkGA

Reaction score
If he didn't have to play the Rams twice a year, he'd be unstoppable as a coach!

Polaris

Reaction score
chris98251":2onqr2ro said:
How many 69 year old coaches run and launch themselves into a Whiteboard, I think he has a few more years in him.

True, but Pete Carroll refused to rejoin the NFL until he got the ONE management structure office that gave him the control and oversight he wanted, and he now has a team that's built the way he likes it, a scouting department and GM that works with him and is sympatico with him. I just don't see Pete giving all that up to start over as a coach.

Now retiring to become a GM or even part owner is a different matter.....

kearly

Reaction score
I bet Pete would get a good laugh out of this thread. I actually think Pete is going to break the oldest NFL coach record - as a Seahawk.

Optimus25

Reaction score
I'd leave Russell Wilson for case Keenum also!

Hell while I'm at it I'll trade my 2015 Camry for a 1993 mercury cougar, since that was my first car!

No.

Just no.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
I find it baffling how the media links certain similarities and then create a story from thin air. Like Chip Kelly going to coach Tennesse because Marcus Mariota plays there.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Fisher did exactly what he was hired to do. Lose enough games to stack the roster and turn the city of St Louis off to the Rams, win just enough games while doing so to seem legit.

For the first time, I am actually nervous about the Rams with Fisher as head coach. They are only a draft and one or two free agent acquisitions away from competing for the NFC West title.

I'll go on record that, barring significant injury to Wilson or Palmer, The Rams will make the playoffs next year as a wildcard from the #2 spot in the NFC West.

-bsd

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
JPatera76":s5aojxhi said:
jake206":s5aojxhi said:

He didn't get an extension, he just didn't get fired. Fisher signed a 5 year deal in 2012, so no this wouldn't be a reason Kroenke wouldn't go hard after Pete.

Doesn't matter anyway, coaches get fired after one year of 4-5 year deals. Owner's don't care, if they can upgrade or the team has a terrible years they don't hesitate to pull the plug on coaches and GM's.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I guess this is a possibility?

But can anyone honestly say a 64 year old Pete Carroll, or 65 or 66 would want to start all over trying to recreate what he already has here?

Just to go to LA, a not very good football market with an owner who hasn't been able to figure it out? I don't see it.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2413hym8 said:
I guess this is a possibility?

But can anyone honestly say a 64 year old Pete Carroll, or 65 or 66 would want to start all over trying to recreate what he already has here?

Just to go to LA, a not very good football market with an owner who hasn't been able to figure it out? I don't see it.

On the other hand, Pete would definitely sell a lot of tickets and give people a really good reason to jump on, or back on, the Rams bandwagon. If Pete doesn't sign another extension this offseason, I think he might be eyeing that job. With the move now official, there is no reason for Kroenke to keep losing and Fisher is definitely on the hot seat. I'm actually surprised Fisher wasn't fired this morning after what transpired last night.

LymonHawk

Reaction score
If Pete were to leave Seattle and move back to LA, it would probably be with the Raiders, anyway.

Plus, I'm not worried, seeing as he has groomed Bevell to take over as HC. :242735:

Latest posts