Something has changed...

Blitzfan

Reaction score
I know it hasn't even been a week, but the amount of Hawk gear I have seen since Sunday's game is amazing. I've been driving a bus for one of of the local transit agencies for many years now and I have never seen this much pride being showing by folks. I don't think it would be a stretch to say at least half of my bus has Hawks gear on and it didn't diminish as week went on. Even during the 2005 season and last season's success I did not see anywhere near this much. Something changed this last weekend, maybe it was how the game was won, I'm not sure. "Go Hawks" has become a very acceptable greeting and farewell to those getting on and off my bus.

VivaEfrenHerrera

Reaction score
Blitzfan":hx73llu3 said:
"Go Hawks" has become a very acceptable greeting and farewell to those getting on and off my bus.
Hehe. We ain't in Hawaii, but I guess we got our own version of 'Aloha' now. I am going to try and spread this if I can...

rideaducati

Reaction score
I got a "go Hawks" from a guy in Phoenix yesterday. I was sporting a Seahawk t-shirt that is older than my 17 year old son.

Both my son and daughter are now Seahawk fans after years and years of not giving a damn. My daughter spent all day last Saturday looking for Seahawk gear in San Diego and finally bought a youth Lynch jersey...then Lynch goes off. She is in the Navy and watched the game with a few Seahawk and Niner fans and won $50 from a sad niner fan. I'm so proud of her.

rideaducati

Reaction score
I got a "go Hawks" from a guy in Phoenix yesterday. I was sporting a Seahawk t-shirt that is older than my 17 year old son.

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
Reminds me of the atmosphere in the NW when the 2001 Mariners were going off.

You couldn't go around the corner without seeing Seattle pride (this is from a South Sound perspective), or hearing the games blasting from a radio.

streets24

Reaction score
I live in Fremont Ohio and noticed a guy wearing an old school hawks hat and walked up to him and said nice hat. He said thanks. I was like we got a lot of work to do but we will get there. He responded by saying we can beat anybody.I have always had this cockiness about our hawks and the way this guy looked at me and talkeme there was finally some confidence in his voice. That's when I knew he was a real hawk fan. Gotta love our hawks. GO HAWKS!

Zowert

Reaction score
I live in Bellevue and work in Ballard. Just two years ago, I rarely saw Seahawks swag around Ballard or Bellevue (unless it was game day). Now, I am seeing Hawks jerseys, hats, t-shirts, sweatshirts, etc. All the time!

Does this make Seattle a bandwagon fan city? "Fair Weather Fans" or whatever?

I remember the hype around the Mariners in 2001, all the "SoDo Mojo" signs, bumper stickers and whatnot. Now I hear nothing about the Mariners because they have been one of the worst teams in baseball for the last decade.

warden

Reaction score
Nothing has changed, just a bunch of Seattle fans jumping on the band wagon, realizing it is the in thing to be seen with Seahawk gear. Seattle's fans have always been fickle.

Seaswab

Reaction score
warden":2zyx5ukr said:
Nothing has changed, just a bunch of Seattle fans jumping on the band wagon, realizing it is the in thing to be seen with Seahawk gear. Seattle's fans have always been fickle.

Like most cities

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Seaswab":205kgw19 said:
warden":205kgw19 said:

Like most cities

So true...just human nature!

-The Glove-

Reaction score
warden":2vx0wwjy said:
you're right. Only happens in Seattle with teams that get good.

beasthawk

Reaction score
If you build it they will come, every winning team has a following because who does not like a winning team? It would be the same way for thw M's if they had a chance for a penant race the last 2 years. Get used to it..

OP
OP
Blitzfan

Blitzfan

Reaction score
I don't know guys. I'm not saying there not some band wagoners, I am sure there is. I've been seeing a lot of old gear, stuff from the early 2000's and beyond. Quite a bit of old logo stuff, gear you know they've had for a while. It's almost like they are long time fans but didn't want to show it. Now though, that's gone, there is a lot of pride.

White Knight

Reaction score
There is an awful lot of "new" vintage stuff being sold now, though. It could be that some of it that we're now seeing is just that stuff in an effort to look like a long-time fan.

In any case, as long as there are more Hawk fans out and about, it's all good by me!

Viva la 12!

-The Glove-

Reaction score
White Knight":26inyhkt said:
There is an awful lot of "new" vintage stuff being sold now, though. It could be that some of it that we're now seeing is just that stuff in an effort to look like a long-time fan.

In any case, as long as there are more Hawk fans out and about, it's all good by me!

Viva la 12!
I don't think so...most people that want to fit in (bandwagon) fans would most likely want to get the latest, greatest in apparel.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Agreed. Though it's actually fun being the only Seahawk fan I know right in the epicenter of "Chief's Kingdom". Especially since the Chiefs possibly look for real this year. Having so much fun talking smack because generally the Seahawks are well liked and respected by the Chief fanbase (they are trying to be like us defensively and so far they aren't doing a bad job of it. Bennett is very good but Poe is looking like a JJ Watt level player and those are rare at DT).

My only swag is a green Holmgren era Okung jersey, It's how I roll and everyone compliments me when I wear it for "Red Friday" .:)

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
warden":3qf7996u said:

Its pretty simple. Are you going to be more outwardly proud of something your a part of thats shitty or really good? Some will call this being a bandwagon fan. I call it human nature.

Latest posts