Some good things about this game

Status
Not open for further replies.

theascension

Reaction score
I don't think it was an amazing diagnosis of play by the rookie, it's 1 yard to go and you see the offence throwing the ball.. you're going to jump that route. It's the only way you'll win.

HawkEye

Reaction score
Seeing 50 million FIRE BEVELL threads, I'm not gonna lie, that was a silver lining for me. That really was the worst play call in NFL history. I don't think Bevell gets fired, but he will never wash off that stink. Seahawks fans over the age of 10 will talk about that play the rest of their lives.

Great post.

I also think Bevell will be here next year, and that scares the hell out of me. Can a player overcome something like this and continue working with the man and trust him?

SeaToTheHawks

Reaction score
knownone":301hfmn4 said:
I'm with you man. This loss didn't hurt that much, we played a great a game. I think injuries played a huge part in the loss and it's hard to get to upset over things that are out of your control.

Are you high? This loss hurts more than XL to me.

falcongoggles

Reaction score
Too early. I need to have doom and gloom for a while before I get back to feeling emotions again and seeing positive things in my life.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
brimsalabim":2sz49hi1 said:
kearly":2sz49hi1 said:
I am stunned that a rookie safety sniffed that play out like he did. So the playcall was definitely unlucky. But really, no matter how you look at it, it was still terrible.

It was a nice coming out party for Matthews, but what this game really said was how amazing our offense could be with a Vincent Jackson type. The draft is coming up, there are some options in other areas to acquire a big WR. I was actually very encouraged by Wilson's potential in this game, they just need to get him a power forward to pass to.

I'd like to say a word about these two points.
An undrafted rookie corner read that play. Think about that... even without the specific circumstances that is amazing. After the game Revis said they saw that personnel group on film and new what was coming and Browner Jammed Kearse so he couldn't set the pick.
Our offense was more surprised we were running this play than the patriots were! This should tell you all you need to know about why our passing offense struggles!

It was a coming out party for Mathews. Why didn't we use him earlier in the season and why did we get away from him in this game?

I'd also like to add how disappointed I am in our defense in the second half. The patriots D was the one laying the hits and their offense didn't do anything that we shouldn't have been prepared for.

theascension

Reaction score
SeaToTheHawks":cho7969z said:
knownone":cho7969z said:
I'm with you man. This loss didn't hurt that much, we played a great a game. I think injuries played a huge part in the loss and it's hard to get to upset over things that are out of your control.

XL was a lot worse. We were the better team but screwed by refs, Pats played an exceptionally close and at many times better coached game. We weren't great on defence, we had our usual slow start. We tried a miraculous comeback but unlike so many other times (Denver, GB, ETC) we didn't quite get it. That happens, it's football it's why we love it.

IrishNW

Reaction score
Thunderhawk":gm7djj9v said:
I generally respect your opinion, Kearly, but this is a destiny altering loss. In one play we went from a God-Ordained Dynasty, anointed by numerous Lazarus-esque miracle plays, to a team that may have lost trust in their coaches.

Imagine working your ass off all season, being "All In", playing though injuries, leaving it all on the field, on the cusp of a second title, the endorsement deals, the playoff bonus cash, the Rings, the parades, the victory sex - only to have it all stolen from you by one of the dumbest play calls in the history of Sport. This is an existential, soul-crushing loss penned by Kafka and performed by that moronic rodent, Darrell Bevell.

I don't think the players recover. At least many of those in this group will be permanently scarred. We may make the playoffs in 2015, but I doubt we go far. Our Dynasty is derailed.

Agreed, this loss is not going away. This is the type of loss that can break what has been built here over the years. I hope this team is as close as we all think they are.

canhawkfan

Reaction score
how can anybody say its ok, we`ll be back.
these games don't come around all the time.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
HawkEye":2ik2rsjc said:
Seeing 50 million FIRE BEVELL threads, I'm not gonna lie, that was a silver lining for me. That really was the worst play call in NFL history. I don't think Bevell gets fired, but he will never wash off that stink. Seahawks fans over the age of 10 will talk about that play the rest of their lives.

Great post.

I also think Bevell will be here next year, and that scares the hell out of me. Can a player overcome something like this and continue working with the man and trust him?

He threw Lockette under the bus. I used to work for a boss like that, and given a choice I would have worked for ANYONE else. In fact, I quit and went to college. I wouldn't blame any number of our offensive players for going elsewhere if bevel is still OC next week.

SPIRITOF12

Reaction score
That was the toughest fought Super Bowl I think I ever saw. Not many teams can play as hard as both teams did today, and to think Seattle with as much injuries as they had going into the game on defense, and add Lane who broke his wrist, and Avril out with a concussion, did a great job staying in it. The play callers, whoever that was let them down.

ivotuk

Reaction score
theascension":nykfsglr said:
SeaToTheHawks":nykfsglr said:
knownone":nykfsglr said:

XL was a lot worse. We were the better team but screwed by refs, Pats played an exceptionally close and at many times better coached game. We weren't great on defence, we had our usual slow start. We tried a miraculous comeback but unlike so many other times (Denver, GB, ETC) we didn't quite get it. That happens, it's football it's why we love it.

XL hurt much worse because that game was stolen from us. At least in this game we knew that there was a strong chance New England could win it. And it was an excellent play by a defensive back that won it for them. Not a referee.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
canhawkfan":26z2218t said:
how can anybody say its ok, we`ll be back.
these games don't come around all the time.
I believe Dan Marino said that once.

gmor

Reaction score
kearly":3ahqu26c said:
While you never want to lose a SB, there is something to be gained from being part of one of the best SBs of all time. Even though Seattle lost, this game will most likely help their legacy.

All of our efforts go towards executing the right plays to win the SB, the losers are often forgot or considered unsuccessful (the Bills and Vikings). This was a missed opportunity that will smart for a long while. I agree with your assessment of Bevell, maybe he'll improve his decision making. Although I hope it's with another team. If Beast mode doesn't return, I think we'll be hard pressed return to the big game.

sc85sis

Reaction score
Throwing the ball was Pete's call because the Pats were in run D. He figured they still had two more downs after that play to run it in. The specific play of a slant came from Bevell. I wish Russ had just thrown it away, but at the start of the play it looked like the pass was open.

Have to give the Pats player credit for making an excellent play on the ball.

Edit to add: losing Lane and Avril during the game really hurt. Simon was up and down at corner and Avril going out hurt us in the 4th. Our pass rush disappeared after Cliff went out.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
theascension":1eje1slo said:
I don't think it was an amazing diagnosis of play by the rookie, it's 1 yard to go and you see the offence throwing the ball.. you're going to jump that route. It's the only way you'll win.
According to Revis they all new what was coming and Browner new all he had to do was stop the pick from occurring. He jammed Kease and the man who was supposed to be picked made the play. We should never have run that play but its made worse that we attempted to run it on Brandon Browner.

OP
OP
kearly

kearly

Reaction score
Thunderhawk":2y2fdvcq said:
I generally respect your opinion, Kearly, but this is a destiny altering loss. In one play we went from a God-Ordained Dynasty, anointed by numerous Lazarus-esque miracle plays, to a team that may have lost trust in their coaches.

Imagine working your ass off all season, being "All In", playing though injuries, leaving it all on the field, on the cusp of a second title, the endorsement deals, the playoff bonus cash, the Rings, the parades, the victory sex - only to have it all stolen from you by one of the dumbest play calls in the history of Sport. This is an existential, soul-crushing loss penned by Kafka and performed by that moronic rodent, Darrell Bevell.

I don't think the players recover. At least many of those in this group will be permanently scarred. We may make the playoffs in 2015, but I doubt we go far. Our Dynasty is derailed.

We'll be just fine. This time Next year everyone will be talking about how Darrell Bevell cost the Seahawks a 3-pete. Seattle had a brutal amount of adversity to overcome this year and had a 90% chance to win the SB at the end.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
Good healing post, Kearly.

Right now I feel like it's too ridiculous to get angry about. Maybe that'll hit me later. I dunno.

It's weird to feel like we've taken an on-ramp to an alternate universe. A glitch in The Matrix. Someone stole the DeLorean and edited the Grays Sports Almanac. It's a crappy M. Night Shyamalan twist-ending movie.

This preposterousness is now part of history. Wow.

CPHawk

Reaction score
kearly":y415x423 said:
Thunderhawk":y415x423 said:

We'll be just fine. This time Next year everyone will be talking about how Darrell Bevell cost the Seahawks a 3-pete. Seattle had a brutal amount of adversity to overcome this year and had a 90% chance to win the SB at the end.

Get a big WR, Hill and bane back, a couple FA OL, and this team very well could be back. I almost think this loss will make them work harder, that if they won again. It's not ideal, but instead of being the Jordan's Bulls, this team might be the 80s Lakers.

That said, what a crap way to lose a game. If we lose getting stuffed 4 times, I can live with that more than a crap play call.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts