Some brutal stats

Crizilla

Reaction score
They are still in the wild card hunt no doubt about it but here are 3 concerning stats.
25th/30 in team batting average,
2nd most strikeouts in the league,
25th/30 in number of hits.

Ms were almost no hit tonight. That would have been the 5th time under SS and his hitting coaches (5!). The worst part about this is Stanton seems to not care. That guy has "don't give a damn" written all over him. There's something odd about the dude I don't get the impression he wants to win at all. Hope I'm dead wrong.

Vesuve

Reaction score
Yes, in the "hunt" for the WC.....I've seen this movie many times before.

The stats you note will be a factor.

M's will likely fade, IMO.

I'm not negative just sensing this (again).

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Tell me something I don’t know. Stanton mainly cares making money, that’s about it. And that’s why the Mariners are the worst franchise in MLB history.

I think I heard the M’s made more money than other MLB team last season, yet we rank like 17th in team salary.

I think this will be like two years ago. We miss the playoffs by a couple games. We look back and say, Salvador Perez and KC are the reason we aren’t in the playoffs.

beastalamode

Reaction score
Personally I'll be blaming the front office for the hole they put the team in over the first 90 games because they went out and got pollock and wong

Vesuve

Reaction score
Personally I'll be blaming the front office for the hole they put the team in over the first 90 games because they went out and got pollock and wong
Yes.....how stupid to pick them up....and worse....how stupid do they think M's followers are?

Many M's fans are gullible.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I know it's only August 15th, but last night ruined all the momentum that team had since July 1. I think the fork has been inserted. I would love to be wrong. But this is just the same crap over and over again. And they can't finish games.

Chapow

Reaction score
... And they can't finish games.

That wasn't a problem until they traded Sewald. He had 21 saves in 24 save opportunities for the M's this season. Not perfect, but awfully good.

Now we're on a 3 game losing streak in large part because we don't have anyone that can go out there and close out a close game in the 9th or extra innings.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
That absolutely has been a problem all season. They have a horrific record in close games in 2023. Especially before the winning streak.
And that was WITH Sewald.

Chapow

Reaction score
That absolutely has been a problem all season. They have a horrific record in close games in 2023. Especially before the winning streak.
And that was WITH Sewald.

When you said they can't finish games I thought you were talking about closing out games in save opportunities, not having a bad record in one run games. Those are 2 totally different things.