Softy: Cristine Michael as kick returner?

Yakima Hawkster

Reaction score
Hi guys. I haven't been around much lately and I didn't see this topic on the board.

Softy floated an idea today. Have Christine Michael return kicks to keep him and Turbin on the roster. I think it's a great idea. Thoughts?

HawkWow

Reaction score
ZERO chance Michael needs to be concerned about a spot on the roster. Turbin's another story. He has about a 1% chance of losing his spot.

I think Michael should return kicks. Absolutely.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
This was proposed soon after the Harvin injury was announced. I think Kearse is pretty much locked in as the KR though.

Michael and Turbin will be on the roster regardless if they return kicks.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Kearse had a real nice return last week, but I don't think we'll see him in that role with any regularity. if we keep 5 backs, and I think we will, I think Michael would be a great choice for the position. But Pete must feel differently, or he would be using him to do so now. I'd think.

hawk45

Reaction score
Michael's on the roster. Out of the 2 of them ankle-tackle Turby is the one I wouldn't cry over losing but I'll bet he stays too.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Yakima Hawkster":1533bqod said:
Hi guys. I haven't been around much lately and I didn't see this topic on the board.

Softy floated an idea today. Have Christine Michael return kicks to keep him and Turbin on the roster. I think it's a great idea. Thoughts?

Out of curiosity, what was Softy's logic for having to need a reason to keep both? An assumption like keep 2RB and 2 FB?
I'd like to assume hes drunk.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
They're both locks for the roster, but IMO Turbin is more likely to be active on game days (and therefore likely higher on the depth chart) because he can contribute to ST and he's still better in pass protection.

Also, while I agree Michael has way more upside and is already more explosive, Turbin is a damn fine #2 back and has provided great value for a 4th round pick. I really don't get why Hawks' fans feel the need to rag on the guy just because we got a shiny new toy in the RB room.

Throwdown

Reaction score
DavidSeven":3is71nra said:
They're both locks for the roster, but IMO Turbin is more likely to be active on game days (and therefore likely higher on the depth chart) because he can contribute to ST and he's still better in pass protection.

Also, while I agree Michael has way more upside and is already more explosive, Turbin is a damn fine #2 back and has provided great value for a 4th round pick. I really don't get why Hawks' fans feel the need to rag on the guy just because we got a shiny new toy in the RB room.

Cuz Seahawk fans, almost always need a whipping boy.

They're taking aim at the wrong guy here though, Turbo is a beast, screw the haters.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
Throwdown":1enipqxp said:
DavidSeven":1enipqxp said:

Cuz Seahawk fans, almost always need a whipping boy.

They're taking aim at the wrong guy here though, Turbo is a beast, screw the haters.

I was seriously questioning all the turbo hate too. Dude hasn't been bad, it's just others have been better.

drdiags

Reaction score
It would make sense, because then Michael could be on the 45-man active roster similar to Leon. Without having a ST role, as Mike Holmgren pointed out in his hour with Mitch, it would be tough to keep all 3 RBs active since none of them are major ST players. Turbin is probably on the PR team but as the main backup to Lynch, his role on the active squad is already assured.

I think Softy just picked up on what Mike was talking about with Mitch, though I didn't hear his show so this is just my speculation.

Basis4day

Reaction score
drdiags":33ryqwv3 said:
It would make sense, because then Michael could be on the 45-man active roster similar to Leon. Without having a ST role, as Mike Holmgren pointed out in his hour with Mitch, it would be tough to keep all 3 RBs active since none of them are major ST players. Turbin is probably on the PR team but as the main backup to Lynch, his role on the active squad is already assured.

I think Softy just picked up on what Mike was talking about with Mitch, though I didn't hear his show so this is just my speculation.

Ahh. If you're talking game day roster and not active roster that changes the conversation quite a bit.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Watch Turbin clips from his college days. Then watch his clips as a Hawk. With one off-season of pro-calibre training, Turbin got wayyy better. I believe he is (likely) better yet again, but his health has prevented him from wowing us like Michael has.

Michael looks like a Hot Rod, but that doesn't diminish the back Robert Turbin is. It seems a lot of people are thinking Michael was brought in to replace Turbin. I think he was brought in to replace Lynch.

Unlike Ruskell, JS isn't going to let the fans dictate who stays or who goes. He sees the bigger picture. Feelings will be hurt. My feelings will be hurt. We need to win before we lose the BEAST!

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Yakima Hawkster":yacez9t2 said:

Softy + idea = Ignore

Softy is dumb. For someone who's job is directly related to sports you think he would know more about the RB situation, at least enough to know both will be on the roster. :34853_doh:

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
I dont know if anyone read this, but good article on turbin by evan silva:

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nfl/4 ... ert-turbin

I think the criticism of Turbin is justified. If we are arguing over who should be active on game days, its hard to bench the touchdown maker, versus the 'take only whats blocked' guy. Turbin is consistent, thats something. He will earn whats there, and that is important.

I like all 3 backs, and think all of them should be active on gamedays. :) run, run. . . run, pass?

OP
OP
Y

Yakima Hawkster

Reaction score
Softy was addressing what Holmgren said about it. Personally, I would keep both regardless. They both have great upside and could be a powerful 1-2 punch in the future if Lynch ever starts to break down physically.

Latest posts