So when Lynch is back...

blazen2392

Reaction score
Lynch coming back makes me a little nervous.

Bevell always feels the need to get cute. He does much better when people aren't gonna criticize him for "Not giving the ball to player A"

Cartire

Reaction score
A healthy, not overworked, 3rd down back in Lynch....

Yes please.

Hawks46

Reaction score
iigakusei":398zzir8 said:
Rob12":398zzir8 said:
iigakusei":398zzir8 said:
Never ever thought I would say this, but our offense this year functions better without him.

I don't think that's the least bit fair. Make no mistake, Beast would be doing his usual thing if he was able to play. The offense as a whole is so much better now than earlier in the season.

This line was in its infancy when he was healthy. I don't think it's all that fair to make that statement.

But don't you think Rawls at least has something to do with making the OL look better? Perhaps his style is better suited for this particular OL. Didn't Kearly have some Wilson stats that he has been way better with Rawls in there too?

Lynch looked thick to me, and a step slower to start the year. When he finally rounded into shape, he was fighting nagging injuries that slowed him down. In between those, we started to see the old Beast. Rawls' style works better with this OL, right NOW. Lynch could make it work, but Rawls hits the hole way faster than Lynch has this year. It's a bit of a combination of the two: OL improving and Rawls being faster and more decisive to the hole.

That said, Lynch has been out too long already. You can't just throw him back in there with 20 touches a game; you're going to see him go out like Richardson. Just out of necessity, we're going to have to manage Lynch's touches until he gets back in game shape. I'd think 50/50 at best to start. Lynch is a competitor, he should realize that Rawls has out played him so far.

And yes, working Rawls more in the first half, and finishing teams off with Lynch is very appealing to me. Imagine both those guys with an uptempo run game. Yeesh ! Hand the rock off 40 times a game.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Rob12":1ufqqrya said:
iigakusei":1ufqqrya said:
Never ever thought I would say this, but our offense this year functions better without him.

I don't think that's the least bit fair. Make no mistake, Beast would be doing his usual thing if he was able to play. The offense as a whole is so much better now than earlier in the season.

This line was in its infancy when he was healthy. I don't think it's all that fair to make that statement.

The line was in its infancy when Rawls went off for 170 @ Cincinnati.

hawks85

Reaction score
iigakusei":3blump12 said:
bingo, look i love beast as much as the next guy but lately its always something. he got his 12 mil and now its like wtf. rawls is raw, hungry and wanting to make a statement. lynch is most likely done after this year or his role limited is a better way to put it. IF rawls continues to play like this we would be stupid to sideline him. why becuase lynch is the starter. if anything they would share the load. say rawls has 100 yards every week until lynch returns. do you sit rawls becuase lynch is the starter, no we will have to work lynch back in giving rawls more carries then splitting the carries. when lynch returns and rawls is still killing it and lynch is struggling then i hate to say it but lynch will have to decrease his load. its common sense.

hawks85

Reaction score
Hawkpower":2fk77re8 said:
CalgaryHawk":2fk77re8 said:
Can't see him coming back unless we make the playoffs. With Tampa bay holding the tie breaker over us at moment with an easy schedule remaining, the Hawks still need to reach 10 wins to make the playoffs.

Tampa and Seattle could both make the playoffs, although I see Tampa at 8-8 personally.

Vikes have a tough final four games. They may end up 9-7.

9 wins probably gets us in. 10 does for sure.
i agree. with the way we're playing right now and if we keep it up no one will beat us the last remaining 4, yes cards fans that includes you to.

HomerJHawk

Reaction score
Work him back in. Don't just replace him with Rawls.
Love me the Beast, though, its still his team.

Rawls will have his time if he doesn't get snagged from us. What's his contract situation?

Oh, and what a terrible predicament we have here. :D

Seafan

Reaction score
Sore calf, compensation, leads to sore hammy, compensation, leads to hernia. He needs to completely heal so I'm not concerned about the reps. Beast needs to be available for the playoffs.

kf3339

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":28l3fo49 said:
Lynch should be the starter, if only in title. I'd probably shoot for 50-50 split, but only if Marshawn quickly shows he's back to good form. If not, I would not hesitate to drastically limit his snaps.

This.

Lynch needs to show he can get back to full Beastmode right away, or you have to weight the carries to Rawls.

kf3339

Reaction score
Hawkpower":2e7t3vh0 said:
Rob12":2e7t3vh0 said:
iigakusei":2e7t3vh0 said:

TRUE!

DavidSeven

Reaction score
I think you have to make a decision. Committees just don't work in the NFL.

And right now, Rawls is the guy.

peppersjap

Reaction score
King Dog":2r2yjvlz said:
Nothing I've seen from Lynch THIS season suggests he should be the starter when he comes back.
I agree to an extent but if Lynch comes back he is the starter. He has earned that. If things continue the way they are it would complicate things way less if Lynch didn't make it back. I really can't imagine them bringing Lynch back next year with all the money they can save by letting him go with a very capable person to step in. It would be sad to see him go like that but I'm a realist. I think Marshawn still has plenty left but I think Rawls is a better fit with the current offense because he hits the hole quicker.

peppersjap

Reaction score
Hawkpower":103ba919 said:
Rob12":103ba919 said:
iigakusei":103ba919 said:

Rawls went for almost 170 and then came back with the 209 game. I don't see any situation where Marshawn gives us a 200 yard game. I am a huge Lynch fan but Rawls is so much quicker to hit the hole, Marshawn looks for a hole and tries to run people over. Rawls is also a better pass catching threat out of the backfield. I'm not sure if I hate that this is a debate or love it because I love Marshawn but what an unexpected surprise that it is actually a discussion. I hardly remember Turbin and Michael at this point. I thought Rawls should have gotten more carries today, if so he probably would have gone at least 150 again.

peppersjap

Reaction score
HomerJHawk":3l8qu543 said:
Work him back in. Don't just replace him with Rawls.
Love me the Beast, though, its still his team.

Rawls will have his time if he doesn't get snagged from us. What's his contract situation?

Oh, and what a terrible predicament we have here. :D
The one thing that has changed since Marshawn has been out is that it is now Wilson's team and the offense is finally rolling. Marshawn carried us for so long that they have had a hard time moving in another direction but the offense is clicking right now. I think Rawls is under our control for a few years just like a drafted rookie.

Rob12

Reaction score
Hawkpower":33jko1p0 said:
Rob12":33jko1p0 said:
iigakusei":33jko1p0 said:

Touché. Absolutely they were.

Rawls is the man.

Rob12

Reaction score
Yeah this is kind of one of those things that classifies as a great problem to have. Do we go back to our franchise altering bruiser or keep rolling with the best rookie back in the league, who has put up monster numbers?

Rawls needs to remain the guy this year. If Lynch makes it back, it won't be until the playoffs, roughly. And that's no time to be trying to scrape the rust off.

chris98251

Reaction score
How long do think Lynch had been trying to play thru that injury, he is a tough man and would push it till he was sat down or unbearable,

Rob12

Reaction score
chris98251":3sirofdm said:
How long do think Lynch had been trying to play thru that injury, he is a tough man and would push it till he was sat down or unbearable,

I think he's been beyond banged up for the past three seasons at the least. He probably went until he simply had no choice, and felt like he was hurting the team.