So the Hawks are just "lucky"...

WillySchu

Reaction score
The only thing I took away from these stats is that we have been horrendous at recovering our own fumbles. Only 8.7%?

That'll regress to the mean.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":1gu45e5r said:
I've been mentioning for a while that the Seahawks have largely enjoyed a powder-puff schedule in regards to the QB's they've faced in the last 6 games, plus Chad Henne and Matt Schaub before that. But they also survived, with a scratched-up O-line, a lot of underrated defensive lines in that period. So while I agree that our record has a noticeable amount of luck in it, it's still earned.

You mention the great equalizer, but it's worth repeating. We won the lion's share if our games with the worst pass protection in the league, and that's not by a small margin. That alone makes any mention of the caliber of QB's we played against a moot point.

As stated earlier, most of our 'luck' was simply capitalizing on opportunities with heads-up plays. I'd like to see any other team in the leage go 12-1 with both starting Tackles out (and the center for much of that time) against some of those D's in their house. I'm still amazed, but it's quite a stretch to say it was merely because we got lucky.

I'm anxious to see the excuses once we stary ripping through teams from this point on.

chris98251

Reaction score
Yeah having our O line decimated was blind Luck. Let see how many teams in the league can lose 4 starters and move the 5th to a different position have the line in flux every week with a new cast of characters, have the replacements be a converted Defensive lineman, a undrafted rookie and a 7th rounder and keep winning, and win week to week with LUCK.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
There is not a single Super Bowl champion that didn't have its share of luck.

Again.. good teams win the games they should, great teams win the games they shouldn't.

NorCalHawk12

Reaction score
KCHawkGirl":2pan4jba said:
irocdave":2pan4jba said:
No that I don't mind some luck being involved with the Hawks, but this article makes it sound like it's the main reason for the current record. Found this on a Saints forum, didn't see it posted on the front page, hope it's not a repost.

http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/artic ... foxrg_nflp

Thoughts??
I don't think I have seen a premise more ridiculous outside QBR than this article's thesis.

I agree. This guy doesn't understand preparedness.
The Schaub pick was NOT luck. Richard said as much in his presser.
"What if" Case Keenum were in? What if footballs were shaped like cupcakes?
Rams? Please...goal line stand anyone? Not luck. Preparedness.
Falcons were motivated and engaged with Jones? Maybe...but they still played poorly, shown by their current record.

"Chance favors the prepared mind."---Travis Dane: Under Siege 2: Dark Territory

253hawk

Reaction score
Trrrroy":1vjlh07a said:
They're what, 16-2 in their last 18 games? That's a hell of a lot of luck.

Not losing any game by more than a touchdown for two years running is total luck*. As for Wilson himself, you have to go back to 2010 when he lost by 11.

*=sarcasm

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":wojc9vsl said:

Again.. good teams win the games they should, great teams win the games they shouldn't.

Exactly.

I sincerely hope that coaches and players for our upcoming opponents buy into the "Seattle's just lucky" theory 100%. That would make the track to the SB so much easier.

CPHawk

Reaction score
HawkWow":1v7c1m9q said:
Forget who said this (Rogers?) but "luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity".

That aside, losing virtually our entire O-line wasn't exactly lucky.

Pay no attention to the man in the booth!

Rogers? Lol he isn't that smart to come up with that. I think it was John Wooden, or someone else far smarter than Aaron.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
When they win the whole thing, let 'em call us lucky. You don't win 16 of 18 games by luck. And, who cares, I'm sure just about every team who has ever won a title has had plenty of "luck"

Kixkahn

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":29dgpk6b said:
I've been mentioning for a while that the Seahawks have largely enjoyed a powder-puff schedule in regards to the QB's they've faced in the last 6 games, plus Chad Henne and Matt Schaub before that. But they also survived, with a scratched-up O-line, a lot of underrated defensive lines in that period. So while I agree that our record has a noticeable amount of luck in it, it's still earned.
Our schedule was hard if you look at the away games records from last season. However you never know teams that were good last season were going to suck this season. That is really the only reason our schedule seems "powder puff".

tom sawyer

Reaction score
"All life is a game of luck", I think Dr. Bombay said that when he was on the Titanic!!

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":wawketwj said:

Yep.

Lucky != not good.

Every team that is thought of as a great team has benefited both from ability and luck. Nothing too objectionable about that, IMO.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
CPHawk":g3ooegx9 said:
HawkWow":g3ooegx9 said:
Forget who said this (Rogers?) but "luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity".

That aside, losing virtually our entire O-line wasn't exactly lucky.

Pay no attention to the man in the booth!

Rogers? Lol he isn't that smart to come up with that. I think it was John Wooden, or someone else far smarter than Aaron.
I thought he was referring to a quote from Roy Rogers, not Aaron RoDgers.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Every good team will catch a few lucky breaks. Even the Saints have this year.

It's not like the Seahawks are the only ones. Every single team catches breaks.

The fans of opposing teams who complain about other teams "just being lucky" are just grasping at straws to find something wrong with your team.

Latest posts