So how was it that Texas didn't get blown out by you?

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Throwdown":10kezm9j said:
Bobblehead":10kezm9j said:
I think Aldon Smith could have a field day.

Could... But he won't, isn't he still in rehab?
Relax, he'll make the game; he's just gotta bust out of rehab, steal a car, beat a couple of hookers, and drive across Los Santos to get to the stadium before the game starts.

Hawkspur

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":3kgjk6t9 said:
After Cushing went out, we were better. Coincidence or not. :229031_shrug:

Cushing was brilliant. Having not seen a lot of him before I was surprised by the size of his contract. After Sunday I consider it money very well spent.

Another factor in why the Seahawks struggled early was that the defense were frequently beaten by the Texans zone blocking scheme. Even with Brown out they created huge holes all of the first half.

Gap Filler

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":12381aph said:
Trying to find out if it was just some fluke so I can have some hope next week for the 49ers.

It seemed they were able to move the ball against you for most of the game, and that they shut your offense down most of the game. What did they do? I noticed a lot of down the field receptions by TEs against you. Also, how were you able to turn it around? I just saw a lot of undisciplined play by Texas and some great plays taking advantage of it. Are they really that good, or did you just lay a fat egg? Or was it the lack of the 12th man maybe? Or the presence of Johnson on the outside?

I don't play for the Seahawks. What is this "you" shit?

I get a laugh out of that kind of stuff. Does this clown think he's a member of the 49ers? They wouldn't even notice if this guy died. You're a nobody to both fan bases.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
I guess to answer the guys post, is simply that the Texans were a lot tougher than the Niners.

themunn

Reaction score
Because Houston's pass rush is ferocious and we were missing two All-Pro linemen (plus one other)?

Dismas

Reaction score
Pe nailed it in the first reply. Houston came into that game feeling like their back was against the wall. They threw everything they had at the Seahawks. I know the "It was teir superbowl" line is arrogant and overused, but they came out the gates like it was the last game of the season, and they blew our team off the ball.

Sadly for them, Russell and company are getting used to "weathering the storm" ( Russell's words) and by the end of the third, the Texans had nothing left.

I don't know if they will be able to take that intensity to SF, but you can bet they learned something about closing out a game last week, and if the 9ers let them stay in it, it could get real ugly in SF

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Yards didn't matter. They won the first half, we won the second half. We won overtime. Simple as that. Look closely, we shut them down in the 2nd half, and our defense scored. And ya, R-Wilson helped out the cause a little bit.

Brahn

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3uczji1x said:
Throwdown":3uczji1x said:
Bobblehead":3uczji1x said:

Relax, he'll make the game; he's just gotta bust out of rehab, steal a car, beat a couple of hookers, and drive across Los Santos to get to the stadium before the game starts.

This looks more like the daily events of a Niner's fan, minus the stabbings.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
People have tried to say the loss of Cushing hurt Houston.

I say the tide turned when JJ Watt broke his face trying to hurt Russell Wilson. When the Texans saw their Zeus bleeding, they lost all hope and began to play in retreat.

Truth: After the last field goal the made in the 2nd, the Texans never crossed the 40 again.

pehawk

Reaction score
I've been to a few high-end rehabs like Aldon. Truth be told, I'm jealous. Especially the ones in Southern Cal, that's the way to do rehab. I have an idea which one he's at, I've stayed there, its like a vacation, really. Aldon won't be rushing back, I stayed a few extra weeks. Too nice not to.

XOXO

Bernie Kosar

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Gap Filler":32vhl713 said:
I don't play for the Seahawks. What is this "you" shit?

I get a laugh out of that kind of stuff. Does this clown think he's a member of the 49ers? They wouldn't even notice if this guy died. You're a nobody to both fan bases.

I don't get people that think the word "your", as in "your team", or "my", as in "my team" means literal legal ownership. If I tell you "Your wife is a nice person", does that mean you're a slave owner; that she is your property?

Give it a rest. People talk about their team because they support them, nobody means they OWN the damned thing.

P.S., I hate you for making me defend a 49ers fan.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
I think the 9ers are going to have problems on Sunday night. Houston might have beat us 42-13, the way they came after us. Except we aren't a team that allows that to happen.

MagHawk

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1msvapt2 said:
Throwdown":1msvapt2 said:
Bobblehead":1msvapt2 said:

Haha! GTA 9ers Edition!

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
The Texans are a good football team. Like others though, they couldn't maintain for 4 quarters. They had a Lynch fumble to work with, an awful representation of an offensive line, in a 10AM PST road game.

The Hawks also gave the Texans too much respect and played a lot of what looked like zone defense because of their receivers. That was a coaching mistake that was obviously rectified at halftime.

Unfortunately for the Niners, they don't have the roster to man up the Texans, but I still think that the Niners will beat them with a healthy OLine and a lot of ball control.

I could be wrong, if Harbafreak's ego rears it head, Roman will get cute with Kaeperstank and the flipping thing will fall apart. As long as Gore/Hunter get a lot of carries they should be OK.

I have to admit though, JJ Watt is a one man wrecking crew. Who knows what will happen to Kaeperstank with that guy and his friends coming after him. They had the luxury of 3 backups on the line last week, but I don't think Watt cares.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Jazzhawk":1v028p8u said:
Yards didn't matter. They won the first half, we won the second half. We won overtime. Simple as that. Look closely, we shut them down in the 2nd half, and our defense scored. And ya, R-Wilson helped out the cause a little bit.

Pretty much how I saw it. Story of two halves and our quarterback doing what had to be done while theirs folded.

Also, why are people being rude to the OP? I thought his post was pretty straight forward and he asked legitimate questions.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":2ns7lxwc said:
Also, how were you able to turn it around?

Champions find ways to win. Honestly that was like Atlanta all over again, with the ending that should have happened in the playoffs last year, had we not had to play in Fed "Mangle-Your-Knee" Ex Field in Washington and lose Clem.

Seattle punches people in the face for 60 minutes, 75 on occasion, and does what it takes to WIN games.