So do the Hawks "disrespect" JJ?

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Ad Hawk":36cxpxqg said:
Referencing Sherman on Marshall, Brandon had Fitz(not-so)magic throwing to him. Matt Ryan is a much better QB and I don't take it for granted that Sherm will get any picks. My guess is that Sherman covers JJ well enough to contest most catches, and makes Ryan think twice about throwing his way. That bit of hesitation could help the pass-rush

While it's true that the Falcons have a number of weapons, where is the weak spot on our D? Who do you think can be burned? Realistically now, not just "on paper" because of 40 times...
Whoever is playing in Morgan's spot will be the weak point.

Sent from my SC-02H using Tapatalk

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":2cfsusv4 said:
Ad Hawk":2cfsusv4 said:
Referencing Sherman on Marshall, Brandon had Fitz(not-so)magic throwing to him. Matt Ryan is a much better QB and I don't take it for granted that Sherm will get any picks. My guess is that Sherman covers JJ well enough to contest most catches, and makes Ryan think twice about throwing his way. That bit of hesitation could help the pass-rush

While it's true that the Falcons have a number of weapons, where is the weak spot on our D? Who do you think can be burned? Realistically now, not just "on paper" because of 40 times...

Is that going to be Marsh? If so, it's true he may not have the top-end speed to keep up with their RBs, and might forget to watch a back out of the backfield, but he can tackle well enough.

hawxfreak

Reaction score
Nothing wrong with trollin the donks once in a while ya know
besides Jimmy G , what's the TE matchup gonna b like
I don't even know who your TE is
Too much JJ coverage

gowazzu02

Reaction score
I watched the Atl denver game closely. What broke denver was Tevin Coleman (backup rb) lining up out wide and basically going deep. I dont know what type of D denver was running.

I don't expect that to work on us since we're usually in our normal cover 3. What makes me nervous is both backs swinging out of the backfield. They both blow Bilal powell out of the water, and he had a good day on check downs when we played the jets.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
hawxfreak":2i97jrn2 said:
Nothing wrong with trollin the donks once in a while ya know
besides Jimmy G , what's the TE matchup gonna b like
I don't even know who your TE is
Too much JJ coverage
This is exactly what I was wondering. Aside from an occasionally well-executed RB delay dump-off, athletic TEs finding zone gaps has been our only kryptonite the past few years. I haven't heard anything about the Falcons' TE.

Despite Julio's All-World ability, I'm not worried. If he and Ryan beat us deep more than once or twice I'd be very surprised. My bold prediction is: that combo gets more yards by penalty than by completion.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":1c70mnux said:
Ad Hawk":1c70mnux said:

That's assuming we go 4-3. We've been playing much more out of a 4-2-5 nickel package lately; in fact, that's becoming the new base defense in the NFL. I'd expect us to do the same vs Atlanta, as Mike Morgan doesn't present a huge matchup problem for anyone.

StoneCold

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":38sjsxfm said:
HawKnPeppa":38sjsxfm said:
Ad Hawk":38sjsxfm said:

That's assuming we go 4-3. We've been playing much more out of a 4-2-5 nickel package lately; in fact, that's becoming the new base defense in the NFL. I'd expect us to do the same vs Atlanta, as Mike Morgan doesn't present a huge matchup problem for anyone.

Isn't Morgan injured? Or has he recovered during the bye?

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
StoneCold":pre8we06 said:
MontanaHawk05":pre8we06 said:
HawKnPeppa":pre8we06 said:
Ad Hawk":pre8we06 said:

Isn't Morgan injured? Or has he recovered during the bye?
He is on IR.

Melencause

Reaction score
fuego":obayar3h said:
You've got to remember that Julio alone is no longer the lone key for us. We're not just a one-trick pony. He was shut down against Denver (2 catches) and we scored 23, and he was shut down against the Saints (1 catch) and we scored 45. We beat Denver by matching up our running backs on the LBs. Freeman and Coleman run routes like wide receivers. It's kind of a pick your poison. Gonna be a great game though.
Our linebackers cover WR's. Atlanta won by exploiting a huge weakness in Denver their base defense isn't special. You kept them out of nickel and dime packages and exploited their LB's coverage problems. Seattle will be just fine in base or nickel.