SI report NFL teams call Seahawks Secure Superbowl Practice

LoneHawkFan

Reaction score
I wonder if they were ready for Chris Matthews and Chris just out executed them?

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Kraft is a billionaire and with a lot friends in high places.

It wouldnt be out of question to believe on of those friends own a satellite with a high powered camera, right?

I think that if half the teams are making this much noise about the Patriots spying, after media week obligations teams should be allowed to practice in a secured area of thier choosing, even if it means traveling back to the home base.

I dont think anything will come from these allegations but im glad even after the Deflategate win for Tom Brady, no one is going to ever trust the Patriots.

Thier decade and half of dominence will forever live on in infamy and will always be questioned, tainted, and marred by countless acqusations of cheating.

A dynasty of scandal.

The Seahawks time is now to sieze this opportunity to be the next legendary team. And doing it the right way with thier own PED scandal 3 years in the rear view mirror but not tainting the teams only Championship.

Rocket

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":1hh9kwrb said:
The Seahawks time is now to sieze this opportunity to be the next legendary team. And doing it the right way
Seattle Seahawks... playing football the old-fashioned way, with hard balls, no video cameras and a Beast at running back.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":1e6bnr6w said:

It wouldnt be out of question to believe on of those friends own a satellite with a high powered camera, right?

Is this serious? If it is, I can tell you why it's a scientifically unsound statement.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
I want to find out the Patriots listened in to the Seahawks calls if only for the resulting apoplexy when this board realizes they'd have to forgive Bevell. (Not that throwing to the middle of the field wouldn't have been a dangerous call otherwise.)

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
bmorepunk":u09lijqw said:
Pandion Haliaetus":u09lijqw said:

Is this serious? If it is, I can tell you why it's a scientifically unsound statement.

It was mostly in jest but as I said not out of the question (of possibility).

Patriots obviously and allegedly go through all motions to get every advantage possible, espionage through the sky after teams smarten up thier ground security doesnt seem so far fetched even though it mostly is for a team like the Pats and a Biillonaire like Kraft.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
bmorepunk":2uz7890g said:
Pandion Haliaetus":2uz7890g said:

Iridium Comunications is the largest private satellite operator in the world. They are run by an investment group known As Apollo Global. The current director is Robert Kraft.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
brimsalabim":3rh14h8s said:
bmorepunk":3rh14h8s said:
Pandion Haliaetus":3rh14h8s said:

Iridium Comunications is the largest private satellite operator in the world. They are run by an investment group known As Apollo Global. The current director is Robert Kraft.

In light of this eye opening fact, I kind of now want to hear bmorepunk's reasoning how this is a scienctifically unsound statement.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Guessing the teams were the Ravens, Colts and Broncos .. and Rex Ryan on his own accord :lol:

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":3d9iq06p said:
I want to find out the Patriots listened in to the Seahawks calls if only for the resulting apoplexy when this board realizes they'd have to forgive Bevell. (Not that throwing to the middle of the field wouldn't have been a dangerous call otherwise.)

No call was still stupid...At least a rollout would of gave some options..Russ is fast

SuperMan28

Reaction score
I know they cheated the Rams out of one. I don't know how they coulda known about that play. Who knows with them. They've been doing it for over a decade so you'd think they'd be pretty skilled at it by now. It was a freaky play, for sure. The reaction time was impeccable.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":3vi3stmc said:
brimsalabim":3vi3stmc said:
bmorepunk":3vi3stmc said:
Pandion Haliaetus":3vi3stmc said:

In light of this eye opening fact, I kind of now want to hear bmorepunk's reasoning how this is a scienctifically unsound statement.

We can start with the fact that the Iridium constellation doesn't have imagery payloads. They're low-rate communications satellites. They do have really sweet 1990s 200 MHz processors on them and can provide 2.4 kbps data rates on individual channels.

For interest, let's assume that the Iridium constellation (with 66 active vehicles) does have imagery payloads that are capable of sub-meter resolution. A typical low earth orbit (LEO) imagery satellite on a near-polar orbit (which is also the orbit of the Iridium constellation) has an orbital period of 90-100 minutes (also much like Iridium).

At this resolution, it would take on the order of three weeks for a satellite of this orbit to revisit the original football-sized site. Even if there were 66 of them evenly distributed over 30 degree orbital planes (Iridium), the revisits would happen every eight hours. At each revisit, there would be a few second window to take an image.

So let's extend the few seconds three times a day to a single period and push it out to a minute. If Robert Kraft could use his Palpatine-like power to use a capability that doesn't exist on a satellite constellation for a minute a day, how much information can be gained from a minute, even if the Seahawks are practicing formations?

LoneHawkFan

Reaction score
bmorepunk":20lymf0c said:
Pandion Haliaetus":20lymf0c said:
brimsalabim":20lymf0c said:
bmorepunk":20lymf0c said:

We can start with the fact that the Iridium constellation doesn't have imagery payloads. They're low-rate communications satellites. They do have really sweet 1990s 200 MHz processors on them and can provide 2.4 kbps data rates on individual channels.

For interest, let's assume that the Iridium constellation (with 66 active vehicles) does have imagery payloads that are capable of sub-meter resolution. A typical low earth orbit (LEO) imagery satellite on a near-polar orbit (which is also the orbit of the Iridium constellation) has an orbital period of 90-100 minutes (also much like Iridium).

At this resolution, it would take on the order of three weeks for a satellite of this orbit to revisit the original football-sized site. Even if there were 66 of them evenly distributed over 30 degree orbital planes (Iridium), the revisits would happen every eight hours. At each revisit, there would be a few second window to take an image.

So let's extend the few seconds three times a day to a single period and push it out to a minute. If Robert Kraft could use his Palpatine-like power to use a capability that doesn't exist on a satellite constellation for a minute a day, how much information can be gained from a minute, even if the Seahawks are practicing formations?

The answer is 72!

No wait a sec.

43?

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":1ovl0i8h said:

With only three goal-line passing plays in Bevell's playbook, I doubt Belichick had to do anything more than look at game film.

McG

Reaction score
bmorepunk":1mmhgs78 said:
McG":1mmhgs78 said:
Bill Belichick is the biggest POS that the sporting world has ever had in it's midst.

Really? Worse than this guy?

carruth_260071.jpg

Yeah, because this moron was stupid enough to get caught, oh and I didn't really think a murder was even part of the equation, that's not sports related that's just crazy. Also, I meant from an "integrity of the game" point of view, not the hood point of view. Sadly, what that guy did isn't shit in the big scheme of things, in regards of the hood. What has me more concerned is all the shit that professional athletes don't get caught doing. That idea is pretty scary.

McG

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":2uzt8pya said:
Sarlacc83":2uzt8pya said:

With only three goal-line passing plays in Bevell's playbook, I doubt Belichick had to do anything more than look at game film.

Go review last years, or even the last couple of years tape. Let us know when they ran that play, or even that type of play out of that formation. That play was only implemented and practiced before the Superbowl, in regards to down and distance/goal line.

I agree Bevell's scheme can be pretty weak, but he's not nearly as bad as everyone thinks. This is coming from a guy who cannot stand his offense. The fact of the matter is, our offense really doesn't have top players on the OL and WR. That limits what he can and cannot do quite a bit. It's hard to stretch the defense when you can't rely on the OL holding blocks for more than 3 to 4 seconds and when you don't have WRs that can flat out beat coverage constantly.

RussB

Reaction score
If they were so worried about being watched then they should have practiced indoors. You never know with the deflatriots and belicheat

olyfan63

Reaction score
I started a thread like this back in February/March-ish, to ask if such a thing would be possible, and the logistics and technology that would have to be involved. I got called names and had a hard time getting "football answers". I think a lot of people were just too emotionally raw at that time for the topic.

If there was actual espionage involved, stealing signals, etc., it was pretty impressive. I wanted to know how a black op would go about such a thing, given the constraints of the situation. Lip reading? Intercepting radio transmissions?

Even so, stealing signals would be only one part of it. The Patriots would still have to translate that stolen information into communication to players on the field, who would then have to assess the intel, choose a course of action, and then execute the chosen actions. And, it has to be done in real time. (All this is positing that there is no Dick Tracy "Hold everything!" technology available to Belichick)

With all the challenges involved, the conclusion that made the most sense was Browner read it, guessed right, and then Browner and Butler bet the farm on Browner's guess, and won.

To me, Browner was the KEY to the play. He stuffs Kearse's attempted pick, and that created a clear lane for Butler to the ball. Butler then sold out, went for broke, and absolutely hit the jackpot.

Browner would have logical reasons to be able to read the play, having been a Seahawk previously and having seen that play run in practices and games a few times.

sekiuHAWK

Reaction score
This isn't the only thing fishy about the Super Bowl. I have a theory that the pats did something weird with the tickets too... it isn't by chance that the prices shot up so much (the most ever by a large margin). It wasn't a coincidence that the ticket sellers were calling ticket buyers back offering double the price for their tickets. The attendees seemed soooo non-nfl fan base... and the fishy fans were wearing suits and they were everywhere. I believe that Kraft paid for a lot of tickets to level the playing field or paid off some of the ticket companies. I swear that many of the people in the stands were the people who were selling the tickets. Kind of funny that soooo many Seahawk fans got screwed out of their tickets.... I hate cheaters and I hate people that abuse their power. If Kraft ever is found to be a culprit of this level of cheating, he should be banned from the NFL and possibly beheaded... The Superbowl left a really bad taste in my mouth but it wasn't because Seattle lost... I was more pissed off about the experience as I spent a lot of money to get jerked around like corporate toilet paper.