[tweet]https://twitter.com/Curtis_Crabtree/status/1080203991781232646[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/1080210873136820224[/tweet]

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Thanks Kitsap, updated.

This sucks as the depth @ S is starting to get thin,and their health is suspect.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
No probs Seahawksfan80 it’s a labour of love. It is nice to have this info readily available too.

I greatly appreciate the totally solid contributions of all who help to keep the information here current, especially Kitsap and Jville who are both all over the roster news and it’s tough to beat them out in reporting it.

Jville

Reaction score
jammerhawk":29ezt3cv said:
Here's some info on Marwin Evans:

https://nflmocks.com/2016/06/14/packers ... win-evans/

Looks as if he's been on the team's radar for a while.

Thanks Jammer ....... always enjoy the background information on roster additions ...... especially under the radar types.

I took the time to look in on OTC today and noticed that the Seahawks currently have only 34 contracts going into 2019. And two of those contracts are for players whose NFL careers are done ....... Chancelor and McDowell. So only 32 healthy contracts for 2019. Noticed that the Jets, with 30 contracts, are the only team with less. Pete and John continue to treasure hungry players looking for a chance to develop and demonstrate what they cam do.

I am looking forward to enjoying a lot of roster churn and intrigue once again in 2019.

Happy New Year my Friend.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
No worries my friend, I always check each new addition to see if I can find something of interest about them.

I don't know if you've noticed but I am attempting to identify all the players' respective contract status as a FA in the roster thread for informational purposes. The letters (U) (R) and (E) show those contractual situations. Any player that is italicized is a FA after the season. I don't know if if I've got it all right but have gone from the OTC.com site as to their respire status.

Jville

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/1081950371071885312[/tweet][tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/1081950761947488262[/tweet]

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I’d expect that to happen this week.

There are few others that cycled through the PS too that they could add and get the roster numbers more in line with the rest of the league.

This also a time when JS scouts other PS squads to see who is out there and potentially available.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
There's really no reason not to re-sign a PS guy right now unless there's an injury situation. After the draft they fill out the 90 man roster and some of those guys fall off.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Completely agree and it raises the number of signed players to 42, they’d all be minimum level deals too.

Jville

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/BradyHenderson/status/1082397990256488449[/tweet]

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Thanks Jville, this was expected, updated now.

I have included all the players presently on IR in the roster as we are now back to working on a 90 man ultimate number except for the 5 players who reverted to the IR. Several were waived injured but were unclaimed and revert to IR. Notable are WR- Darboh and DT- McDowell. the others are FS- Mutcherson, DE- Ali'ifua, and OLB- Beal. I can include them on the roster for completeness but at this stage I don't think any are still under contract still.

Jville

Reaction score
The new league will provide an additional avenue for building a roster. Looking forward to see how it shakes out. It also might be an optional opportunity for QB Alex McGough to develop.

7. The Seahawks will have an eye on the new Alliance of American Football.

When talking about player development, Seahawks general manager John Schneider has mentioned a few times how the loss of NFL Europe has made things harder on players and teams, particularly at positions like quarterback and offensive line. So while the Alliance of American Football, a new league that launches next month, isn’t affiliated with the NFL like NFL Europe was, teams like the Seahawks will still keep an eye on players from that league.

“That’s a good topic right now,” Carroll said. “We’re all kind of excited about it. We’re going to take it in and do the evaluations where they allow us to, when we can see them and all of that. We’ll do all the film work. We’ll do everything. We’ll break these guys down. We’ll take it as a whole other aspect of the feeding system to give us information. The only way we know how to do it is fully go for it. We’re going to really embrace the whole setup. It’s an exciting venture as always. We think it’s necessary. We think it’s a necessary opportunity that has been created and we’re really excited to see where turns out. We’re going to learn stuff. We’re going to learn about these guys and some of them are going to play. I think it’s great. I hope it works out.”
[urltargetblank]https://www.seahawks.com/news/seven-things-we-learned-from-seahawks-coach-pete-carroll-s-end-of-season-press-c[/urltargetblank]

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I'm going to include the players that the contract sites say we are obligated to Darboh, McDowell, and Beal on the roster. The other 2 Ali'fua and Mutcherson I will add if I can see the team has a financial obligation to them in 2019.

EDIT: Ali'fua is an ERFA so I will add him.

Jville

Reaction score
Malik McDowell remains under contract for 2019 and is carried with the Cap designation Non-Football Injury.

Kam Chancelor remains under contract for 2019 and remains with the Cap designation Reserve/Physically Unable to Preform. (PUP)

Both Amara Darboh and Emmanuel Beal are under contract thru the year 2020.

Both Ricky Ali'ifua and Tevon Mutcherson signed 1 year rookie contracts in 2018. They are both scheduled to become exclusive rights free agents at the beginning of the new 2019 year ....... sometime in March.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Thanks Jville the only one I was uncertain about was Mutcherson and as he is an ERFA I will add him too. He's either here or he isn't extended an offer as an ERFA.

chris98251

Reaction score
Well we have had a really high level of injuries the last few years, something isn't working.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Next up the Special Teams coaching.

Git'er dun Pete!

ST was another weakness this season and it hasn't escaped anyone's notice as Chris has observed above that the number of injuries has increased over the past few seasons so a new approach needs to be taken to Strength and Conditioning.