Should we go ahead and try signing someone?

Blitzer88

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":vuemq5zl said:
Seattle never signs free agents this soon. They wait for second-hand players like Lacy, Joeckel, and Walsh.

Wohoo!!!!?????........... :240039: :240039: :240039:

joeseahawks

Reaction score
Seahawks fans are the biggest complainers. Everyone is too expensive. You want players to play for peanuts? I remember when people were bitching about Russell Wilson asking for too much money. Duh !!! Sometimes you just have to pay premium for top talent or for guys who will get you over the top. Not everyone is married to Gisele Bunchen and/or is willing to "give up" their market value for fans who will burn your jerseys or yell at you the day you sign somewhere else.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I’d rather have them “go cheap” this year as it’s a lost cause (2018). Draft well, and save most of that cap money to roll over next season.

The Breh

Reaction score
This place is a complete embarrassment :34853_doh:
March 13th and the season is a lost cause for some of you.
We've let go of injury ridden/aging, costly or unproductive players to clear cap space (whom likely you've had no problem bashing on the way out) and haven't IMMEDIETLY filled their spots and y'alls attitudes are defeated.

Zero faith for the future.
Zero faith in who IS on our roster.
Zero faith in finding guys via draft or trade for guys with a competitive beating heart.

You guys are insufferable.

Someone needs to pinch y'all and remind you we dropped our 2 most debilitating problems in recent years. Neither of which sport a helmet on Sunday's.

When other teams fans say we got the worst fan base, I can't even argue with them.
Between what I've read on here over the years, first hand accounts in person and have seen on FB it's nothing short of a bunch of :pukeface:

I'm sure your 12 flags will come back out when it's nice and convenient tho.

Life your life with a glass half empty, folks.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Real free agency doesn’t start until tomorrow.

There is stupid money being spent with some of the deals being talked about out there: i.e.: Malcolm Butler 5years $60 million with $20 million guaranteed? That’s nutzo! Bet he doesn’t make it to the end of his deal. The QB market is out of control. Minnesota just blew their cap apart with a 3 year $84 million fully guaranteed contract. Fully guaranteed, that leaves them no wiggle room, and any renegotiation will cost them.

I’d rather the team waited until the second tier and went hard after those guys just released like Nelson or Suh, and others, and they left the primary market for those who want to overspend. The secondary guys don’t count in the comp market calculation.

The smart FA move is to stay out of the primary market. There are lots of players still available and some of them will fit nicely with our team. This a time for calculated patience.

adeltaY

Reaction score
The Breh":p0u2wuaw said:
We've let go of injury ridden/aging, costly or unproductive players to clear cap space (whom likely you've had no problem bashing on the way out) and haven't IMMEDIETLY filled their spots and y'alls attitudes are defeated.

Zero faith in finding guys via draft or trade for guys with a competitive beating heart.

Someone needs to pinch y'all and remind you we dropped our 2 most debilitating problems in recent years. Neither of which sport a helmet on Sunday's.

When other teams fans say we got the worst fan base, I can't even argue with them.
Between what I've read on here over the years, first hand accounts in person and have seen on FB it's nothing short of a bunch of :pukeface:

Okay, there's no way in hell this forum is comparable to FB, which is pure cancer.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
The Breh":22ohew4n said:

If we are insufferable then you could go elsewhere. You don't need to read, or criticize other people just because they have a different view than you do. If we were a hive minded, monolithic bunch this place would be boring. This kind of talk happens on every forum, and it even happened on the superbowl winners forums when their starting QB went down. Right now you are not discussing, you are calling out/claiming people are not real fans, just because they are not happy the way the team is going. That is not cool.

People that are not happy with the hawks at the moment have some valid reasons behind them. We don't have to be rah, rah and support every decision our FO makes, most of rarely do. Rather than call people out, why don't you defend your position? Discourse with fellow 'Hawk fans is what keeps us all coming back to this forum time, and time again. You don't have to agree with the certain members of the fan base, and that is alright. What you wrote, however was just a veiled attempt of calling others who do not share your point of view 'not real fans'.

That is the kind of thing that I find "insufferable".

chris98251

Reaction score
We can only look at today, I have said I seen this coming and it was not unexpected, what is going to be unexpected is who we sign, what trades if any we make, and what draft choices and how many we end up with.

We now how a bunch of holes with unproven or nobody in place as of yet to fill them.

Today I would say 4 -12 to 7 - 9, after tomorrow that could be 2 -14 or 9 - 5. It will continue till around August or the first week of September when we start cherry picking other teams cuts and really see what we have.

I am not throwing any towel in, just tempering any expectations till I see the canvass finished for this season and hoping to see the start of another canvass for the future .

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
chris98251":30ibetfu said:
We can only look at today, I have said I seen this coming and it was not unexpected, what is going to be unexpected is who we sign, what trades if any we make, and what draft choices and how many we end up with.

We now how a bunch of holes with unproven or nobody in place as of yet to fill them.

Today I would say 4 -12 to 7 - 9, after tomorrow that could be 2 -14 or 9 - 5. It will continue till around August or the first week of September when we start cherry picking other teams cuts and really see what we have.

I am not throwing any towel in, just tempering any expectations till I see the canvass finished for this season and hoping to see the start of another canvass for the future .
I don't think Carroll is reloading for the future. I don't think he has a long time left in the NFL. I thought he looked as if he was on edge, almost as if he wanted out of Seattle, or perhaps the NFL. I think Carroll is making calculated moves, he is not looking at this season as another throw away. He does not have the luxury of time to completely to a ground up rebuild on the Seahawks. Last season was a good indicator of this. We made some risky moves in bringing Richardson, and Brown -- in the process we ended up pawning a good portion of our draft picks and salary cap. We mustn't forget that Carroll is the oldest head coach in the NFL, where he stands a rebuild would not make sense.

My take on the whole situation is that Carroll is looking to get rid of the contentious players on the roster. There was a lot of media attention, and focus placed on Bennett this season. He was very vocal, and undisciplined as a player, more so than usual. Our players did not keep gap integrity, and as Richardson said, they all just did their own thing. I think this is why Richards was let go. We had a very talented D-Line, and if what Richardson said is true, it would lend a lot of credence to this theory. I think Bennett also played a big part in the willy nilly style of the D-line.

On offense we faced similar issues with discipline ranging from the wide receivers, to the offensive line and QB. I think this is why Bevell was ultimately let go and why he has not been picked up by another team. Coaching changes, and the cutting away of contentious players was the only real way to fix this. The Sherman cut was due to his inability to stay healthy, and the large salary he commanded, purely cap related.

I believe if we bring in a good interior lineman to pair with Brown, and a wide receiver that is a red zone threat that we can be a balanced team that can threaten to go all the way. Our main priority should be getting the offense sorted out this offseason. If we can do that I believe we have the personnel to succeed on defense with a few tweaks.

chris98251

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":1pcxlo40 said:
chris98251":1pcxlo40 said:

I don't think Carroll is reloading for the future. I don't think he has a long time left in the NFL. I thought he looked as if he was on edge, almost as if he wanted out of Seattle, or perhaps the NFL. I think Carroll is making calculated moves, he is not looking at this season as another throw away. He does not have the luxury of time to completely to a ground up rebuild on the Seahawks. Last season was a good indicator of this. We made some risky moves in bringing Richardson, and Brown -- in the process we ended up pawning a good portion of our draft picks and salary cap. We mustn't forget that Carroll is the oldest head coach in the NFL, where he stands a rebuild would not make sense.

My take on the whole situation is that Carroll is looking to get rid of the contentious players on the roster. There was a lot of media attention, and focus placed on Bennett this season. He was very vocal, and undisciplined as a player, more so than usual. Our players did not keep gap integrity, and as Richardson said, they all just did their own thing. I think this is why Richards was let go. We had a very talented D-Line, and if what Richardson said is true, it would lend a lot of credence to this theory. I think Bennett also played a big part in the willy nilly style of the D-line.

On offense we faced similar issues with discipline ranging from the wide receivers, to the offensive line and QB. I think this is why Bevell was ultimately let go and why he has not been picked up by another team. Coaching changes, and the cutting away of contentious players was the only real way to fix this. The Sherman cut was due to his inability to stay healthy, and the large salary he commanded, purely cap related.

I believe if we bring in a good interior lineman to pair with Brown, and a wide receiver that is a red zone threat that we can be a balanced team that can threaten to go all the way. Our main priority should be getting the offense sorted out this offseason. If we can do that I believe we have the personnel to succeed on defense with a few tweaks.

I almost look at Pete as a Marv Levy or Bud Grant type coach, we wonder how long and then he is there another year, John also has a part in this, he doesn't want to retire when Pete does I would think so he needs a roster that can be competitive as well as be there in the future. That will be the conscious thought that he brings to Pete.

Also players that are flamboyant has been a constant with Pete, at USC and here. I will say openly critical will get you in trouble however, that's a indication of not "IN" and we seen the quick hook on players when he first arrived and now those that are aging.

Even if true public chastising will get you a strict talking too by Pete, it was a nice way for them to say it a way of getting Sherman re focused, or reality saying keep it up and your gone and not a part of us anymore.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
What pessimistic rubbish!

4-12, 9-7, whatever? Those with the defeatist blues seem to be betting against the youth on the team that didn’t play poorly in relief of the expensive veterans. That is a mistake. The team still has a lot of key pieces and a new staff that won’t be doing the dumb crap that happened on O last year.

We could easily gain 3 games on this last season with a decent kicker and nothing else. FA hasn’t truly begun and already we will have a losing team with $28 million of cap to spend, OK. Don’t count me in.

chris98251

Reaction score
jammerhawk":2kg2n93s said:
What pessimistic rubbish!

4-12, 9-7, whatever? Those with the defeatist blues seem to be betting against the youth on the team that didn’t play poorly in relief of the expensive veterans. That is a mistake. The team still has a lot of key pieces and a new staff that won’t be doing the dumb crap that happened on O last year.

We could easily gain 3 games on this last season with a decent kicker and nothing else. FA hasn’t truly begun and already we will have a losing team with $28 million of cap to spend, OK. Don’t count me in.

Defeatist my ass, no healthy RB other then McKissic as of today, two inexperienced TE's, a jumbled mess of a line, no kicker, losing one of Wilsons primary targets, no FB, one Starting CB, a slot guy, most your D line as some kind of FA,

as of today 4 - 12 or 9 - 7 is optimistic, especially when the whole offense has to learn a new system and they are still trying to find out who is going to be playing.

Oh and selectively picking a portion of what I said to shit all over it is pretty narrow minded as well.

This is the full context !

Yeah that's really defeatist, so your a 16-0 guy I take it then.

adeltaY

Reaction score
Also, if Walsh makes the Falcons kick there's no guarantee we win. He 100% cost us the Cards game at the end and almost certainly the 'Skins game. Also could've lost a couple more if Cooper Kupp makes a tough catch, BoB let's Watson try to ice the game, etc. 9-7 seemed fair given the injuries and ineptitude.

Our roster is now worse given the departures.

mikeak

Reaction score
Signing guys will cost us comp picks. We are looking at two 3rd round and a 4th once Sheldon signs elsewhere

Do not expect us to sign any true FA. It is why we are looking at players cut

ducks41468

Reaction score
Who exactly are we supposed to sign? At this point I'd rather just see us conserve our cap space rather than sign more Lacy's and Joeckel's, since this year will be a wash anyway.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
The Breh":1dbdg33t said:

oh no he didn’t!!!!!

The “Super Fan card” has just be played y’all!!!!

Don’t fall off that high horse sir!

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
::
Spin Doctor":3ifzqqcr said:
The Breh":3ifzqqcr said:

If we are insufferable then you could go elsewhere. You don't need to read, or criticize other people just because they have a different view than you do. If we were a hive minded, monolithic bunch this place would be boring. This kind of talk happens on every forum, and it even happened on the superbowl winners forums when their starting QB went down. Right now you are not discussing, you are calling out/claiming people are not real fans, just because they are not happy the way the team is going. That is not cool.

People that are not happy with the hawks at the moment have some valid reasons behind them. We don't have to be rah, rah and support every decision our FO makes, most of rarely do. Rather than call people out, why don't you defend your position? Discourse with fellow 'Hawk fans is what keeps us all coming back to this forum time, and time again. You don't have to agree with the certain members of the fan base, and that is alright. What you wrote, however was just a veiled attempt of calling others who do not share your point of view 'not real fans'.

Money post Spin Doctor! :2thumbs:

The Breh

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":3unkbjf6 said:
The Breh":3unkbjf6 said:

I directed this at no one person in particular, not the board as a whole.
Those most offended by my post are probably the ones I'm talking about.

Defend my position ?
I started out with why I was upset. Here you go since everything after that made you forget what my points were in the first place-

"This place is a complete embarrassment :34853_doh:

Zero faith in finding guys via draft or trade for guys with a competitive beating heart."

Then a sentence later-

"Someone needs to pinch y'all and remind you we dropped our 2 most debilitating problems in recent years. Neither of which sport a helmet on Sunday's. "

Look-I'm not the only one not digging the dramatic pessimism in here I see.

Being upset we haven't pulled the trigger yet when FA doesn't officially start until tomorrow ?
The season being a lost cause already on March 13th ?
Why are we outraged around here and talking so pathetically :34853_doh:
Are ANY of the players we've lost come as any kind of shock ??
Were those that are upset not aware we had jack shit in $ to spend before deciding to release those guys ? Being a fan you know their recent injury history and how risky and costly it was going to be to retain them, no?
Every single guy we lost had a MAJOR "?" next to their name going into offseason.

Hawks fans have been spoiled for some time now and when the near future isn't crystal clear *immediately*, then the season is lost, we're 4-12, fire JS, etc...
My post wasn't veiled at all. Simply citing what can be read at your leisure in any one of the recent threads since losing Bennett-today and how garbage some of the opinions are.

This place mirrors FB too much with the knee-jerk shit. Have some damn patience.
I guess I'd expect less casual sounding whining here, but-I'll temper my expectations :3-1: