Should we be worried about Blair now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rat

Reaction score
That was pretty ugly last night. A championship caliber team can't have a kicker with the yips. Do we continue to ride it out, or is it time to start looking at some free agents?

iigakusei

Reaction score
Pretty obvious he isn't over his issues. It is going to cost us.

sutz

Reaction score
Well, he did have his problems last night. But he did make the XPs after the miss.

Probably see some kicker workouts this week.

hawknation2017

Reaction score
Walsh is 6/7 on FGs for the season (86%) and hit another 40+ yarder last night.

pmedic920

Reaction score
I think I heard them say last night, that he came out early from halftime, and practiced some kicks.

The report said that he missed something like six (maybe, in a row)?

That’s concerning too me.

I’d hate to lose a playoff game the way the Vikings did but I guess that’s a possibility, no matter who our kicker is.

ivotuk

Reaction score
pmedic920":3a6yiqqw said:
I think I heard them say last night, that he came out early from halftime, and practiced some kicks.

I’d hate to lose a playoff game the way the Vikings did but I guess that’s a possibility, no matter who our kicker is.

Yes. The sideline reporter, can't remember her name, right before the kick she came on and said that Blair missed 3 or 4 from that end of the field. As if there's some kind of difference.

So I wonder if he has vision problems? Because the way she said it, one might assume that Walsh was making them just fine going the other way?

Or maybe he loses focus when there isn't a consistent "Picture" in front of him. For example, on the end he's making it, all he sees is the uprights and crowd. Whereas on the end he's missing it consistently, there's that bright green toyota.

I wouldn't think that the field conditions would be any different on one end than it is on the other.

Just speculation on my part, but the whole thing doesn't make any sense.

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
You should always worry about a kicker that missed an easy game winning FG in a playoff game. He will always have that voice in the back of his head. He’s on this team for one reason and it isn’t his accuracy. It’s money. Hauschka was going to cost too much of it. They signed an experienced kicker for a minimal amountof money. Will he cost us? Personally, I don’t think he should be in a situation to cost us but somehow Bevell will manage to get him there. This team is too talented to have to be worried about the kicker beyond the normal amount.

sutz

Reaction score
ivotuk":23po6m4m said:
pmedic920":23po6m4m said:

Yes. The sideline reporter, can't remember her name, right before the kick she came on and said that Blair missed 3 or 4 from that end of the field. As if there's some kind of difference.

So I wonder if he has vision problems? Because the way she said it, one might assume that Walsh was making them just fine going the other way?

Or maybe he loses focus when there isn't a consistent "Picture" in front of him. For example, on the end he's making it, all he sees is the uprights and crowd. Whereas on the end he's missing it consistently, there's that bright green toyota.

I wouldn't think that the field conditions would be any different on one end than it is on the other.

Don't think the "field conditions," as in surface would be much different, but the wind is. The north end is fairly open while the south end is completely closed in, so the wind would be different. Hopefully that is just him learning the stadium. It is concerning how Michelle Tafoya described it, though, saying he consistently missed during pre-game, and then again for that real FG.

Now that I think of it, there was a concert there Sat night. That might have affected the turf a bit.

ludakrishna

Reaction score
Let's go to Kickers'R'us and sign someone better. While we're out there, let's stop at OLineman'R'us and pick up a LT. :sarcasm_off: Seriously though, who else could we sign today?

OP
OP
Rat

Rat

Reaction score
ludakrishna":3vc3gbbv said:
Let's go to Kickers'R'us and sign someone better. While we're out there, let's stop at OLineman'R'us and pick up a LT. :sarcasm_off: Seriously though, who else could we sign today?
I know you're being sarcastic, but there are a few decent guys out there in Dan Carpenter, Josh Lambo, and Mike Nugent. I also sort of want to mention Roberto Aguyao, but I'd probably get ripped pretty bad if I advocated for that.

We might not need to sign anyone, but it might be a good idea to bring a few for workouts and see what they have.

razor150

Reaction score
I kind of wonder if that is the side of the field that he lost the Vikings playoff game at. If he has problems kicking field goals on that side of the field he better get is butt down to the stadium and sort it out. Can't have a kicker who has trouble getting field goals in his own stadium.

potatohead

Reaction score
razor150":1htu5stf said:
I kind of wonder if that is the side of the field that he lost the Vikings playoff game at. If he has problems kicking field goals on that side of the field he better get is butt down to the stadium and sort it out. Can't have a kicker who has trouble getting field goals in his own stadium.

That game was in Minnesota

razor150

Reaction score
potatohead":10nfnqds said:
razor150":10nfnqds said:

Was it? Guess that was the year the Cards won the division, and my don't remember the game very well.

Jeremy517

Reaction score
Rat":3dnf5b5c said:
ludakrishna":3dnf5b5c said:
I also sort of want to mention Roberto Aguyao, but I'd probably get ripped pretty bad if I advocated for that.

Aguayo has never really been an NFL-caliber kicker; he doesn't have the leg strength. He also got worse every year in college. His last year of college, he was only 5 of 10 from 40+. He should have gone undrafted or at best been drafted in the seventh round instead of being drafted in the second round.

Not to mention the fact that he's a bigger headcase now than Walsh.

potatohead

Reaction score
razor150":36haww0n said:
potatohead":36haww0n said:
razor150":36haww0n said:

Was it? Guess that was the year the Cards won the division, and my don't remember the game very well.

Yes, and it was like -30°

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
ivotuk":28d9990e said:
pmedic920":28d9990e said:

Actually I think there is a difference in wind patterns. I remember Hauschmoney commenting on it in the past.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Worried about him? Not yet.

Concerned about him? Absolutely, and his situation bears a close watch as he appears to be fragile as far as the yips are concerned.

At this point he's only missed three regular season kicks to now, one doinked the upright and the others missed left, as usual when he misses.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
The Eagles and Doobie Brothers played there the night before. But do they have the football or soccer turf out if there's an event like that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts