Sherman mic'd up (link with video)

MrCarey

Reaction score
You think there is only one reason for him to have a chip on his shoulder? You can't even count on one hand the reason why he should have a chip, man. If he doesn't get all-pro, the system is broken.

formido

Reaction score
I think if you've ever talked trash during a game, like really go hard at it, and seen the effect it has on you, you'd understand. It really amps you up. But you have to get over the fear of failure, because if you fail, it's obviously a lot more embarrassing. If you get over the fear of failure, you feel invincible. It's evolutionary biology. "I'm talking and nothing bad's happened to me. I survived! Nothing can hurt me!". It's a rush. It's not just to get in guys heads, that's a rationalization. It's to get into your own head. It seems to change your hormonal makeup, probably secretes adrenalin and testosterone. It makes you confident and you feel scary to other people. I don't think it's literally possible, physiologically, for Sherman to play the way he does without talking.

People hate it because it's not humble. And that's also the reason it's so powerful. If you want the Seahawks to be better than other people you have to let them feel better than other people. All winners do, anything they say contrary is false modesty.

Steve2222

Reaction score
formido":kzvnxwjy said:
I think if you've ever talked trash during a game, like really go hard at it, and seen the effect it has on you, you'd understand. It really amps you up. But you have to get over the fear of failure, because if you fail, it's obviously a lot more embarrassing. If you get over the fear of failure, you feel invincible. It's evolutionary biology. "I'm talking and nothing bad's happened to me. I survived! Nothing can hurt me!". It's a rush. It's not just to get in guys heads, that's a rationalization. It's to get into your own head. It seems to change your hormonal makeup, probably secretes adrenalin and testosterone. It makes you confident and you feel scary to other people. I don't think it's literally possible, physiologically, for Sherman to play the way he does without talking.

People hate it because it's not humble. And that's also the reason it's so powerful. If you want the Seahawks to be better than other people you have to let them feel better than other people. All winners do, anything they say contrary is false modesty.

Great Post!

Hawks46

Reaction score
Link doesn't work now. Bummer, I wanted to see this !

Riley12

Reaction score
formido":1l38vcdb said:
But you have to get over the fear of failure

Beautiful post.

Wilson is the flip-side of the same coin, always talking about "not being afraid of being great".

Have both sides on this team, to compliment one another is, well, as Todd said, "This must be what winning the lottery feels like."

IHateSleeves

Reaction score
Link doesn't work anymore and I cannot find it anywhere, should have used Bing instead of Google.

Twisted

Reaction score
what a clown, any chance he'll take his helmet off first next time? he'd sooner grow chicken feet I guess?

oh wait he already has em... lol

BTW, that punch sounded like the slap my doctor used to get my lungs going at 9 months 12lbs 6 ozs ... :roll:

Twisted

Reaction score
Bakergirl":3gozmvbk said:
The link is broken. :cry:

link is same as the end of video but video has a lil better audio IMO...

Twisted

Reaction score
what a fan base eh? they all started leaving way too early, 2 scores down anything can happen, didn't we see 2 games this year where one team scored 3 TDs in less than 60 seconds...

Riley12

Reaction score
goddamn! That certainly was a punch! In slow motion, it looks like a soft slap, but he really put some weight behind it.

Sherman's conversation with Griffin was great too. I wish they had included all of that in the SoundFX epsiode.

This video has unbroken audio, although it also has several stupid (i.e., whiny, Niner/Redskin/Falcon fan) comments

[youtube]RrLCDqVU56Y[/youtube]