Sherman isn't a team player?

NINEster

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":1muq8m5l said:
As far as we know, the only player who Sherman actively despised, and who he was not a good teammate to, was Russell Wilson. We also know that he let his frustration with SB 49 fester to the point that he became a cancer -- to the point where he was yelling at coaches on the sideline. While it's not at teammates, it affects teammates.

That said, I wouldn't expect such frustration to carry over to SF. Sherman clearly needed a change of scenery to cope, and while I wish him zero success, it's only because he's on another team and nothing personal.

Didn't see this post before my last post about Wilson.

Yeah, Sherman went from ultimate Seahawk to the pariah. Only logical explanation is what you say.

Threedee

Reaction score
Sherman was a critic of a couple of garbage coaches, who are now with Detroit and Oakland/Vegas. He was right on both counts that they were trash who cost him 1-2 championships, and, as he likes to say, were "a waste of my time."

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Threedee":136ho34u said:
Sherman was a critic of a couple of garbage coaches, who are now with Detroit and Oakland/Vegas. He was right on both counts that they were trash who cost him 1-2 championships, and, as he likes to say, were "a waste of my time."
Agreed. He could have handled it a bit better, but I have no problem with him wanting to hold a couple of severely under performing coaches accountable. Players are held to be accountable, same standard should be held for the coaching staff.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Sherman was always about elevating his teammates, and other players.

Less about "the team," than about the players. And I don't mean that as a criticism. He was definitely a team player right up until, maybe, that final season.

It always struck me that, if he were running to be the NFLPA representative, he would be acting exactly like he was.

But it wasn't an act. It was legitimate and heart felt. I hope he remains active in representing the league's players after he retires. He has a heart and a knack for it.

NINEster

Reaction score
His latest tweet defending Andrew Luck from those boos in Indy was very classy.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Sherm was a great teammate in Seattle until he got to the point that HIS opinion of how to call plays became more important than the coaching staff. He became a PITA as a result and had to go.

That's how I remember his time here.

iigakusei

Reaction score
Agree with a lot of these posts - much like Marshawn he was loved by his teammates and was supportive of them. The problem was they didn't show the coaches the same respect (whether it was deserved or not can be debated).

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
He was past his hunger and not the player he was the first 5 years of his career, but obviously now that he has been blessed with the awesomeness of being a modern day Niner Sherman is an actual professional right?

Heh.. I loved the way Sherm talked trash to and about the Niners.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
He spent a lot more time bad mouthing coaches and then Pete and Russ after the fact. And of course he's gonna' stick up for another Stanford alum. Plus, it's a great chance for him to tell us AGAIN that he's smarter than everyone because he went to Stanford :lol:

Still one of my all time favorite Hawks, but he acted like a 5 year old after the fact.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I liked the way Sherman tackled and how he teamed with Bam-Bam and Earl. Not likely to be another crew assembled like that ever again but they were monsters for 3-4 years before injuries and drop in play came about. Sherman was kind of funny when the Real Rob Report was in its prime too. So glad the Andrews' interview happened against the Niners.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Only thing that would have been better is if it was Chewy (Pam Oliver) doing that interview. Can't stand that wench

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
The very thing that made him so great in Seattle, chip on his shoulder, fiery, opinionated etc, are the exactly the same thing that made the relationship go sour when things started to go bad or he wasn't in lock-step with the way thing were being run.

Always thought his negativity towards Carroll at the end was biting the hand that feeds him. Yeah they waited till round 5, but it was still the Hawks and Carroll who took a change on him, let him be who he is those few years that built up Richard Sherman the player and Richard Sherman the brand. Absolutely the Hawks benefited from his play, but he benefitted from the Hawks too.

And yeah he was always a great teammate in pre-season when he was out of the game cheering and pumping up other guys. I would take anything he says with a grain of salt though. I heard he said a few weeks back that this Niner secondary reminded him of the legion. Well I also remember him predicting Tharold Simon to become a future star.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Pete has done nothing but stick up for his players. Including the guys like Sherm, Earl, Bennett etc. Kam seems to the only one of those 3 who hasn't had something stupid to say about Pete after they left.

olyfan63

Reaction score
I'm glad to hear the positive reports on Sherman as a 49er. I might be able now to root for him to do well against teams other than the Seahawks.

Very smart guy, and while I can't blame him for his tantrums towards the Bevell/Cable coaching staff, he was indeed a cancer that last season with us. So many of the posts in this thread have really nailed it. Kinda rare to get that degree of consistency of agreement on anything these days.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
SmokinHawk":1nsb28mm said:
Where the hell did you hear that? Except for perhaps his final season here, Sherman always put the team first. Always. I don't think many Seahawks fans would disagree with me.
We had a lot of whiny, salty twat-waffles around here when Sherman left. They also enjoyed rewriting history to support their salty narrative.

rlkats

Reaction score
I view Sherman this way. He is very passionate about the sport, winning, respect and pride. When a person is highly passionate they sometimes do and say things maybe that they might hold their tongue normally. I view him like all other men that get passionate. As a teammate so far he has been great. We will see as the years continue to go by. More importantly I can't wait to see that pick 6 he gets from Mr. Wilson :stirthepot:

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Sherm was always bluntly spoken and willing to go against mainstream opinion if he felt it was right. He showed up at Reuben Foster's DV hearings in Santa Clara when that was not a popular cause at all. But he's evolved beyond the Erin Andrews interview (and subsequent "Love Letter to Pete Carroll" semi apology to being well-spoken Stanford all-pro Uncle Sherm around here.

That resonates well with a cadre of Bay Area fans but honestly, they'd take the 2013 Sherm as well.

ApnaHawk

Reaction score
Happy for Niner fans that they can celebrate with our has been a! Good for y’all

rlkats

Reaction score
ApnaHawk":2wvxontd said:
Happy for Niner fans that they can celebrate with our has been a! Good for y’all

Thank you for the has been. We are happy to have him. And were also happy to have the practice squad QB and the has been CB that beat the mighty hawks last season. :stirthepot:

TAB420

Reaction score
He also lost to the mighty Hawks...I see you forgot about that.

Latest posts