Sherman: "Half the league uses Adderall"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
twisted_steel2":1tazfo0r said:
chris98251":1tazfo0r said:
Well Adderall improves focus and concentration, how many hear think that drinking Redbull or quad shot coffees or Monster drinks, Genseng extracts etc is ok to do at work. It's a stimulus or supplement.

If your riding red eye flights and have to be up the next morning early or have a meeting your wanting to be sharp at and want to be on your game I would think many here use some of those I mentioned even if not admitted, what about the waitress or waiter wanting to get thru that dinner rush or lunch rush? We have introduced these things as ok to use as far as a society, we market and advertise getting an edge with many of them.

I don't see Adderall really as any different.

Same.

I've said this before, I'd love it if they legalized some minor low potency cocaine based supplements like the old days.

Imagine the energy drinks then!! :D

Coca Cola would create an original formula brand.

tomahawk

Reaction score
This really isn't any news. I'm sure he's right about others in the league using PEDs, otherwise they wouldn't be testing for them on such a consistent basis.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":2d5zzwpz said:
twisted_steel2":2d5zzwpz said:
chris98251":2d5zzwpz said:
Well Adderall improves focus and concentration, how many hear think that drinking Redbull or quad shot coffees or Monster drinks, Genseng extracts etc is ok to do at work. It's a stimulus or supplement.

If your riding red eye flights and have to be up the next morning early or have a meeting your wanting to be sharp at and want to be on your game I would think many here use some of those I mentioned even if not admitted, what about the waitress or waiter wanting to get thru that dinner rush or lunch rush? We have introduced these things as ok to use as far as a society, we market and advertise getting an edge with many of them.

I don't see Adderall really as any different.

Same.

I've said this before, I'd love it if they legalized some minor low potency cocaine based supplements like the old days.

Imagine the energy drinks then!! :D

Coca Cola would create an original formula brand.

Coca-Cola Original: The Way It Was Meant To Be

The product name and marketing writes itself.

Reaction score
Trrrroy":q4jpgtqp said:
Well, there goes any hint of thinking that Richard Sherman might actually have been innocent in that whole Adderall debacle.

Did anyone REALLY think he was ever innocent?

gspin2k1

Reaction score
The way I see it:

1) He's probably right being that a large majority of players use it, and he's probably just mad he was the one who got caught and figures this is his way to take some pressure off himself that he wasn't the only one doing it.

2) When he did get caught, I have no doubt he got off of it, and he continued to play at the same high level. Which leads me to believe it really isn't really that much of a performance enhancing drug in this sport. So at least it helped people realize his skill/talent wasn't just due to some PED.

3) Oh he definitely was on Adderall, the way he got out is the same kind of thing that would outrage the public if a murderer got away due to some screw up in the way evidence was handled (yes, it's nowhere near the same crime). But again goes back to #2 and #1 and most importantly he's a Seahawk. So I'm less outraged and more forgiving of the whole thing :). If I was some Patriots fan I can understand being butthurt about Sherm talking crap to my super QB after a loss, and wondering if Adderall helped Sherman catch that interception that prevented the win.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":3jea5ptz said:
The only players he could have any educated clue about would be the Seahawks.
That's not true at all

Seatown001

Reaction score
If I was Sherman's friend or agent, I would suggest he go through the off season quietly, I love Sherman but even I'm getting tired of hearing from him.

gspin2k1

Reaction score
Seatown001":mhd34vfe said:
If I was Sherman's friend or agent, I would suggest he go through the off season quietly, I love Sherman but even I'm getting tired of hearing from him.

Actually he's been pretty good this off season at least after that whole Revis tweet battle thing. Pretty much all his stuff is about him going to schools, Canuck hockey games, more visiting school stuff, I think he did that We Day thing too. But obviously anything negative is MUCH louder than anything positive that he does. God I feel like a stalker, stupid Twitter.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Seatown001":1arzbgs5 said:

Sherman's play and talkativeness made him a story last season, and the Seahawks are a hot team right now. Sherman's getting requests left and right to appear on shows and sit down for interviews. It's unlikely that he's calling up media outlets just so he can pop off.

Sherman's agent is likely bringing these opportunities TO him, making sure his name stays out there. And think about it... telling Sherman to do something "quietly" is not likely a successful gambit. At most, his agent is probably telling him to just be careful about what he says.

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
QuickLightning":obvmeuf0 said:
Trrrroy":obvmeuf0 said:
Well, there goes any hint of thinking that Richard Sherman might actually have been innocent in that whole Adderall debacle.

Did anyone REALLY think he was ever innocent?

Since the sample was compromised there is no legitimate proof that he took any banned substance. "Innocent until proven guilty" has a nice ring to it, doesn't it?

Hawks46

Reaction score
Adderal already comes up in the standard league drug tests.

So it's not like Goodell has to "focus" on it, it's not like the league has to start doing special Adderal tests, and it's not like anything else special needs to be done. There are players already getting suspended for being on it with the drug tests already in place.

It's not like they're popping it during the game to get jacked up, so I don't see the issue myself.

TheLargentLine

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":ya9wvo11 said:
Doesn't matter if he was innocent or not. His play improved DRAMATICALLY after the false failed test. He was innocent because the testing procedures were not correctly followed.

I love this. Sherman is pissing everyone in the league off and getting inside their heads. It's a big part of his game and thus far has been extremely effective. If Sherman being hated by the rest of the league gives him - and thus the Seahawks - a competitive advantage, then I'm all for it.

I completely agree. As a Seahawks fan, I could not care less. I already know Sherman will still dominate players whether they are using or not using Adderall. Furthermore, if half the league is using Adderall then who is really to blame? The league should not have it as a half-ass rule anyways. If Adderall is going to be a banned substance in the NFL then it should be all year round, not just during play.

gspin2k1

Reaction score
There may be some truth behind his statement considering after the whole thing got brought up. You didn't really see any CBs or Players with negative responses to it lol. They were all kind of quiet. Hell even in the Revis - Sherman tweet battle, Revis could have totally used that as ammo and didn't.

ihawk

Reaction score
I love the guy but he needs to stick to his trash talking and not breathe new life into dead issues. Nobody else was even talking about it anymore.

12th_Bob

Reaction score
Loads of players have been busted for it, wouldn't surprise me if more have been using it.

The Outfield

Reaction score
Nothing about what he said makes me believe more that he was guilty.

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
What continues to piss me off about the whole thing is that news of his failed test should never have been leaked in the first place. Per NFL policy, suspensions aren't supposed to be announced until the appeals process is finished, so we never would have heard about any of this if everybody had just followed procedure. And now it doesn't matter because people are going to call him a cheater his whole career even though there is no legitimate evidence that he took Adderall or any other banned substance.

gspin2k1

Reaction score
Shadowhawk":2yg59cj0 said:
What continues to piss me off about the whole thing is that news of his failed test should never have been leaked in the first place. Per NFL policy, suspensions aren't supposed to be announced until the appeals process is finished, so we never would have heard about any of this if everybody had just followed procedure. And now it doesn't matter because people are going to call him a cheater his whole career even though there is no legitimate evidence that he took Adderall or any other banned substance.

I think the fact that he fought a screw up in procedure vs him saying he's never done it. Helps fuel the conclusion, he did it. He just found a way they screwed up for him to get out of it. For all we know, he's the one who poked the hole in the cup (requiring them to transfer the sample). He's a Stanford grad right? maybe he was just a bit smarter than Browner and knew how to get shit done right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts