Sherman badly burned - looks like he lost about 4 steps

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
strohmin":3g1uwb56 said:
Natethegreat":3g1uwb56 said:
strohmin":3g1uwb56 said:
I love the Seahawks but the fan base has become insufferable over the past couple of years. I'm starting to hate the fan base as much as the Cowboys fan base.
I am not actively rooting against Sherm (and I certainly hope he makes a full recovery) but I would make the same statement about Sherman you make of the fans.
He became pretty much insufferable the last couple years. Won't take blame for anything (to the point of straight up lying). Everything is someone elses fault (coaches,the offense).
Throwing tantrums and generally acting like a spoiled child who never takes a look at their own actions and failures but continually blames everyone around them.
I get on some level that got him to where he was. All that ultra competitiveness and never believing he could fail (and if he did it wasn't his fault). I think that mentality helped him achieve what he did but I also think its his downfall too.

Like it or not he was part of the rise of this team and he was a destructive part of our fall too. He helped tear this team into divisions and still is trying to do that once he is gone too. I have been done with Sherm for about 2 years now and I'm glad they finally cut the cord. Better late than never I guess.

Yes because Sherman is the one who led one of the worst offenses in the league for the past two years. Sherman put together and coached the worst O-Line I have ever seen. Sherman is the one who gave Cary Williams that horribly stupid contract. Sherman is the one who held out of camp because he hated his contract. He is the one who traded Golden Tate for Percy Harvin. He is the one who made one of the worst calls in NFL History. Sherman is the one who traded for one of the best pass catching tight ends just to turn him into a blocker. Say what you want about Sherman, but he almost always backed up his talk and he gave everything he had to the team even playing through injuries. This team was destroyed before Sherman started complaining. The offense put the defense on the field 80% of the game and always in horrible situations. If Sherman messed up on a play, you know he would be honest with himself and correct his mistakes. I wouldn't count Sherman out as an elite CB based on one play. I'm betting he will be back to his old self by the start of the season. However, Sherman did do this franchise a huge favor and expedited the process of blowing up this team because after that superbowl loss, this current team was not going back there with all the stupid roster decisions and coaching decisions. If Sherman never complained, I'm pretty sure we would have had to suffer through the same nonsense for another 2 or 3 years until Pete retired.

No paragraphs, didn't read

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
adeltaY":x4wq60we said:
Sherman suffered a grade 1 hamstring sprain... Not looking good for him.

Unfortunately this is probably how it's going to go for Richard for however many more seasons he tries to play.

Sure there are exceptions like Terence Newman who can play forever............but the shelf life of a defensive back is right up there with RB's, they decline rapidly after 30.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
It also could be a case of another part of the body compensating for the Achilles injuries. It happens all the time.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
strohmin":9ygps9fd said:
Natethegreat":9ygps9fd said:
strohmin":9ygps9fd said:
I love the Seahawks but the fan base has become insufferable over the past couple of years. I'm starting to hate the fan base as much as the Cowboys fan base.
I am not actively rooting against Sherm (and I certainly hope he makes a full recovery) but I would make the same statement about Sherman you make of the fans.
He became pretty much insufferable the last couple years. Won't take blame for anything (to the point of straight up lying). Everything is someone elses fault (coaches,the offense).
Throwing tantrums and generally acting like a spoiled child who never takes a look at their own actions and failures but continually blames everyone around them.
I get on some level that got him to where he was. All that ultra competitiveness and never believing he could fail (and if he did it wasn't his fault). I think that mentality helped him achieve what he did but I also think its his downfall too.

Like it or not he was part of the rise of this team and he was a destructive part of our fall too. He helped tear this team into divisions and still is trying to do that once he is gone too. I have been done with Sherm for about 2 years now and I'm glad they finally cut the cord. Better late than never I guess.

Yes because Sherman is the one who led one of the worst offenses in the league for the past two years. Sherman put together and coached the worst O-Line I have ever seen. Sherman is the one who gave Cary Williams that horribly stupid contract. Sherman is the one who held out of camp because he hated his contract. He is the one who traded Golden Tate for Percy Harvin. He is the one who made one of the worst calls in NFL History. Sherman is the one who traded for one of the best pass catching tight ends just to turn him into a blocker. Say what you want about Sherman, but he almost always backed up his talk and he gave everything he had to the team even playing through injuries. This team was destroyed before Sherman started complaining. The offense put the defense on the field 80% of the game and always in horrible situations. If Sherman messed up on a play, you know he would be honest with himself and correct his mistakes.

Kinda like he was honest about telling a reporter he'd end their career, then lied about anyone hearing it? That kinda honesty? :D

Look man, the defense had to hold up a lot more than their fair share for years, totally true. But they were also a top 3 defense of all time too. But that doesn't let him off the hook for being a difficult diva either.

He's(was?) a great great player, but like all humans he isn't infallible. The guy was a pain in the butt for awhile now, it's ok to admit it.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":gtnzh303 said:
It also could be a case of another part of the body compensating for the Achilles injuries. It happens all the time.
Yep.

Marvin49

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3ezkg4xu said:

I don't think its serious. They are being really careful with him.

Maybe this is the way of the world now and he'll just constantly have nagging injuries. It's possible...

...but I kinda tend to think he's been rehabbing that Achilles like crazy and its possible he just overcompensated.

Who knows. I'd be stunned if he missed week 1.

Dante Pettis was asked who was the hardest CB to break loose from in camp and he didn't even hesitate before saying "Sherm".

Now that can be read a few different ways. Could be he's the old Richard Sherman. Could be all the other CBs suck and he's a rookie so he doesn't know better.

Who knows? Thankfully we don't have to wait much longer to find out. The season is nearly upon us gents. Good Luck this year. :)

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
Sorry Hawks fans but Sherman (and the entire Seahawks defense) has every right to call out and still be pissed at the offensive coaches and/or Pete Carrol for handing a Super Bowl trophy to the Patriots by calling the most idiotic play call in the history of Super Bowls. Marshawn Lynch. One freaking yard.

I don't blame him (or anyone else) for a second.

But I respect Lynch for his measured take on it a few years later.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":1g1akrea said:
Sorry Hawks fans but Sherman (and the entire Seahawks defense) has every right to call out and still be pissed at the offensive coaches and/or Pete Carrol for handing a Super Bowl trophy to the Patriots by calling the most idiotic play call in the history of Super Bowls. Marshawn Lynch. One freaking yard.

Do all the calling out you want, AFTER you leave the team or retire. But when you're on the team? You shut up, play football and don't be a selfish distraction to the team.

Not sure when the worm turned on players popping off all the time with their opinions and criticisms about everything team related, but it's a negative distraction and shouldn't be tolerated.

Which is why you're now paying Richard to get hurt and give everyone his hot takes, and not us.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":1hwz9fpf said:

hot take

NINEster

Reaction score
pmedic920":lyuej1gi said:
SoulfishHawk":lyuej1gi said:
So much irony. Niners fans sticking up for the formerly hated Richard Sherman :lol:

In fairness, if Sherm had not been a Seahawk, he’d be one of the guys I hated. Not really “hated”, but as a figure of speech.
Sure it’s a double standard but we’re football fans, we are entitled to be fickle.
I can’t fault a 9er fan for being excited and full of hope in Sherman, and I surly understand why they “hated” him as a Hawk.

Fact is, we have to face Sherman at least twice a year now, I wish him no ill but I hope he’s lost every bit of 4 steps. I can’t even imagine how it would feel to have a “tip” from him keep us out of our 4th SB.

Sherman is a polarizing character, one that is very easy to love on your team, and easier to hate on the other team.

I still remember the very first time his name was etched into my memory.

I was on an NYG message board I think and the thread title was "Richard Sherman taunts Tom Brady after the game", and a majority of the posts in that thread were:

"Who the f**** is Richard Sherman??"

:lol:

The classic pic of Sherman yelling at Brady with the head down is how most of the NFL fanbase got to learn who he was, and he kept up that image for quite a long time.

2_0_6

Reaction score
Shouldn't those "5 Golden rings" be renamed to "5 rusty rings"? A very large chunk of the 49ers fan base today wasn't even alive the last time they won a ring.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
NINEster":3hcx8p5u said:
The classic pic of Sherman yelling at Brady with the head down is how most of the NFL fanbase got to learn who he was, and he kept up that image for quite a long time.

Problem is Richard can no longer back up the mouth, yet he keeps yappin'.

I love what Richard did for the Hawks, he helped give the LOB it's identity and was actually a good team leader in the beginning.

Unfortunately because he now plays for a rival, I can't wish him well. I hope he stinks up the joint and gets burned 10 times a game. Also unfortunately for you, if that happens he'll just blame the coaches.

The day Richard apologizes for his actions or comments..................... will be the first.

mrt144

Reaction score
Uncle Si":3htekvmu said:
adeltaY":3htekvmu said:
My lord why are so many of our fans invested I sherman failing? The dude is coming back from an injury that ends careers on the regular. Embarrassing to see the joy evident in some of these posts.

is it?

Because Sherman has been trashing the organization since he left. He was also a disruptive force in his last bit of time hear. There are Seahawks fans here who feel aggrieved by it, as they are welcome to.

I personally could care less, but to be "embarrassed" by some fans who feel burned by the guy celebrating his failure in his new place lacks perspective.

So you enjoy hearing your friend's ballads about how awful their exes were when you know they're pretty far from being a prize pig themselves?

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
mrt144":1375m838 said:
Uncle Si":1375m838 said:
adeltaY":1375m838 said:
My lord why are so many of our fans invested I sherman failing? The dude is coming back from an injury that ends careers on the regular. Embarrassing to see the joy evident in some of these posts.

is it?

Because Sherman has been trashing the organization since he left. He was also a disruptive force in his last bit of time hear. There are Seahawks fans here who feel aggrieved by it, as they are welcome to.

I personally could care less, but to be "embarrassed" by some fans who feel burned by the guy celebrating his failure in his new place lacks perspective.

So you enjoy hearing your friend's ballads about how awful their exes were when you know they're pretty far from being a prize pig themselves?

But if you play the record backwards..... :rumble: :stirthepot:

mrt144

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":2jyo2gne said:
mrt144":2jyo2gne said:
Uncle Si":2jyo2gne said:
adeltaY":2jyo2gne said:

is it?

But if you play the record backwards..... :rumble: :stirthepot:

:lol: I do enjoy a good happy country song where everything works out. But it is spooky.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
mrt144":ix0cste0 said:
Uncle Si":ix0cste0 said:
adeltaY":ix0cste0 said:

is it?

That analogy makes no sense. But either does getting embarrassed about fans rooting against Sherman, so you got me.

Further, to equate Sherman as an "ex" isn't entirely apt, unless that ex was shameless and publical about being fantastic in the sack for a few years, then got tired and bored, finally stopped performing and then started telling your friends and co-workers how awful you are.

mrt144

Reaction score
Uncle Si":6eoo0m40 said:
mrt144":6eoo0m40 said:
Uncle Si":6eoo0m40 said:
adeltaY":6eoo0m40 said:

is it?

That analogy makes no sense. But either does getting embarrassed about fans rooting against Sherman, so you got me.

Further, to equate Sherman as an "ex" isn't entirely apt, unless that ex was shameless and publical about being fantastic in the sack for a few years, then got tired and bored, finally stopped performing and then started telling your friends and co-workers how awful you are.

I guess you just have less dumbass and spiteful friends than I.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
mrt144":1pkkdp51 said:
I guess you just have less dumbass and spiteful friends than I.

I might just have less friends.

Now I'm sad