Sherman badly burned - looks like he lost about 4 steps

Threedee

Reaction score
The coaches that Sherman called-out deserved to be. My attitude about Sherman going to Santa Clara is that it cements and adds an exclamation point to his criticism of those coaches. He was right, and they were wrong. Thankfully, Bevell and Cable are both gone, now.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Calling a coach out and having a temper tantrum ON THE FIELD is ok? No, it's not. If he did that on another team, Hawks fans would be shredding him, period. But because he's a Hawk, it's somehow ok?

Threedee

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3185ec3w said:
Calling a coach out and having a temper tantrum ON THE FIELD is ok? No, it's not. If he did that on another team, Hawks fans would be shredding him, period. But because he's a Hawk, it's somehow ok?

At that point, I was so done with those coaches, I guess I stopped caring about composure and professionalism. Every additional year that Bevell wasn't fired was like a slap in the face. Certainly, I was highly critical of Titus Young, when he was causing problems for Detroit, and even lining-up incorrectly.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Threedee":37rkpo82 said:
The coaches that Sherman called-out deserved to be. My attitude about Sherman going to Santa Clara is that it cements and adds an exclamation point to his criticism of those coaches. He was right, and they were wrong. Thankfully, Bevell and Cable are both gone, now.

You'd make a horrible teammate.

It's never OK to publicly call out your coaches or cause negative dissent that undermines and takes away from the team............and it's why Sherman was expendable as opposed to trying to work something out with him to keep him.

Sherman's never understood the boss/employee part of football. He does now.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
Threedee":2042rvv7 said:
SoulfishHawk":2042rvv7 said:

At that point, I was so done with those coaches, I guess I stopped caring about composure and professionalism. Every additional year that Bevell wasn't fired was like a slap in the face. Certainly, I was highly critical of Titus Young, when he was causing problems for Detroit, and even lining-up incorrectly.

Well composure and professionalism are both important whether you stopped caring about it or not (does this mean Sherm has skip bayless status?). It is really not Sherman’s place to question coaches, even more so on the opposite side of the ball, and very publicly. It leads to discord in the organization that does not benefit the team. Can you imagine if Sherman was a coach, and someone clapped at him like that? Wow. Sherm gets really awkward when he is wrong, it would be bad. He’d probably write an essay about it explaining how he was in the right. He should be able to appreciate the challenges of the coaches job, and treat people the way he wants to be treated. If he has critiques, do it the right way. Sitting on an I told you so, resentful mentality is classic Sherm, and it is also a character flaw. No one wants to deal with that garbage.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
adeltaY":3nu7edwe said:
Jimmy G tried to throw a fade to Garcon and Sherman broke that shit up.

Nothing but "the tip".

I hope the 9ers feel that over, and over, and over again. :2thumbs:

chris98251

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":jxx5hjqp said:
Threedee":jxx5hjqp said:

It's never OK to publicly call out your coaches or cause negative dissent that undermines and takes away from the team............and it's why Sherman was expendable as opposed to trying to work something out with him to keep him.

Yeah you say that but he was right.

If you don't make shit public then the inside the building squashes it. We all knew that shit was going on behind the scenes, or those that were in touch with reality, the body language and the separation on the field of individuals that previously were together, the Doug Baldwin interaction with Cable etc.

Everything was fine we kept hearing, but Baldwin and Harvin had got into a fight, there was altercations with others, refusal to do some things coaches asked. But in the press conferences he was working thru issues and would be back at some point, everything is fine.

strohmin

Reaction score
I love the Seahawks but the fan base has become insufferable over the past couple of years. I'm starting to hate the fan base as much as the Cowboys fan base.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
strohmin":1pitgqd7 said:
I love the Seahawks but the fan base has become insufferable over the past couple of years. I'm starting to hate the fan base as much as the Cowboys fan base.
I am not actively rooting against Sherm (and I certainly hope he makes a full recovery) but I would make the same statement about Sherman you make of the fans.
He became pretty much insufferable the last couple years. Won't take blame for anything (to the point of straight up lying). Everything is someone elses fault (coaches,the offense).
Throwing tantrums and generally acting like a spoiled child who never takes a look at their own actions and failures but continually blames everyone around them.
I get on some level that got him to where he was. All that ultra competitiveness and never believing he could fail (and if he did it wasn't his fault). I think that mentality helped him achieve what he did but I also think its his downfall too.

Like it or not he was part of the rise of this team and he was a destructive part of our fall too. He helped tear this team into divisions and still is trying to do that once he is gone too. I have been done with Sherm for about 2 years now and I'm glad they finally cut the cord. Better late than never I guess.

strohmin

Reaction score
Natethegreat":1s5je4gu said:
strohmin":1s5je4gu said:
I am not actively rooting against Sherm (and I certainly hope he makes a full recovery) but I would make the same statement about Sherman you make of the fans.
He became pretty much insufferable the last couple years. Won't take blame for anything (to the point of straight up lying). Everything is someone elses fault (coaches,the offense).
Throwing tantrums and generally acting like a spoiled child who never takes a look at their own actions and failures but continually blames everyone around them.
I get on some level that got him to where he was. All that ultra competitiveness and never believing he could fail (and if he did it wasn't his fault). I think that mentality helped him achieve what he did but I also think its his downfall too.

Like it or not he was part of the rise of this team and he was a destructive part of our fall too. He helped tear this team into divisions and still is trying to do that once he is gone too. I have been done with Sherm for about 2 years now and I'm glad they finally cut the cord. Better late than never I guess.

Yes because Sherman is the one who led one of the worst offenses in the league for the past two years. Sherman put together and coached the worst O-Line I have ever seen. Sherman is the one who gave Cary Williams that horribly stupid contract. Sherman is the one who held out of camp because he hated his contract. He is the one who traded Golden Tate for Percy Harvin. He is the one who made one of the worst calls in NFL History. Sherman is the one who traded for one of the best pass catching tight ends just to turn him into a blocker. Say what you want about Sherman, but he almost always backed up his talk and he gave everything he had to the team even playing through injuries. This team was destroyed before Sherman started complaining. The offense put the defense on the field 80% of the game and always in horrible situations. If Sherman messed up on a play, you know he would be honest with himself and correct his mistakes. I wouldn't count Sherman out as an elite CB based on one play. I'm betting he will be back to his old self by the start of the season. However, Sherman did do this franchise a huge favor and expedited the process of blowing up this team because after that superbowl loss, this current team was not going back there with all the stupid roster decisions and coaching decisions. If Sherman never complained, I'm pretty sure we would have had to suffer through the same nonsense for another 2 or 3 years until Pete retired.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1bwc5b99 said:
Threedee":1bwc5b99 said:

Sherman wasn't the only one either. Lynch didn't understand it, Bennett didn't understand it. You know why because that's the culture that Pete Carroll created. There's no discipline or accountability for anything. This all started when Lynch gave Bevell the finger, Harvin, Tate, Baldwin fight during the SB, Bevell throwing Lockette under the bus, etc. Nobody was held accountable or disciplined for those things. Look at the penalties and mistakes on the field and tell me that the Seahawks are a disciplined team. They are not. They keep making the same mistakes over and over. That's proof of zero discipline. I'm not saying that Pete is a bad coach, he's obviously not. He needs to be more of coach than "just one of the guys" at times though. I don't think Pete understands that.

Milehighhawk

Reaction score
hawkfan68":2mdh8h72 said:
Sgt. Largent":2mdh8h72 said:
Threedee":2mdh8h72 said:

Sherman wasn't the only one either. Lynch didn't understand it, Bennett didn't understand it. You know why because that's the culture that Pete Carroll created. There's no discipline or accountability for anything. This all started when Lynch gave Bevell the finger, Harvin, Tate, Baldwin fight during the SB, Bevell throwing Lockette under the bus, etc. Nobody was held accountable or disciplined for those things. Look at the penalties and mistakes on the field and tell me that the Seahawks are a disciplined team. They are not. They keep making the same mistakes over and over. That's proof of zero discipline. I'm not saying that Pete is a bad coach, he's obviously not. He needs to be more of coach than "just one of the guys" at times though. I don't think Pete understands that.

This assessment is laughable. Because discipline isn't public, means it doesn't happen? This is nothing but pure conjecture based on a handful of public incidents which we never get a glimpse into the fallout because Pete doesn't throw people under the bus publicly.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2fcoem64 said:
Threedee":2fcoem64 said:

:177692: :34853_doh:

Apparently some don’t understand that coaches also have personal responsibility.

It’s amazing how some of you still give a selfish piss poor coach a free pass. LOL

I’d guess I’d be a “horrible teammate” in your world too...... oh well!

I would have gone off on a coach that cost me a championship too if I were in Sherm’s shoes, but only much much sooner than Sherm did.

Championships are very rare, as are opportunities to win one.

Said coach crapped the bed under pressure and CHOKED, and what did he do, instead of taking responsibility for his own MISTAKE????? .....he threw his players under the bus without taking ANY responsibility for his huge mistake.

Explain to me how that is being a good teammate and “team player”???? Just because he is a coach he gets a free pass for HIS mistakes that cost his team a championship, and what about his shameful actions of blaming others for it afterwards? That last part alone should have been a reason for his termination on the spot.

pmedic920

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":25gskvfj said:
So much irony. Niners fans sticking up for the formerly hated Richard Sherman :lol:

In fairness, if Sherm had not been a Seahawk, he’d be one of the guys I hated. Not really “hated”, but as a figure of speech.
Sure it’s a double standard but we’re football fans, we are entitled to be fickle.
I can’t fault a 9er fan for being excited and full of hope in Sherman, and I surly understand why they “hated” him as a Hawk.

Fact is, we have to face Sherman at least twice a year now, I wish him no ill but I hope he’s lost every bit of 4 steps. I can’t even imagine how it would feel to have a “tip” from him keep us out of our 4th SB.

Sherman is a polarizing character, one that is very easy to love on your team, and easier to hate on the other team.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
I'm thankful that we had Sherm when he was at the top of his game.

The glorious moment of "The Tip" is forever etched in my brain.

The Whiners can have him now. It's time to move on.

HawkGA

Reaction score
OkieHawk":vvz8dv58 said:
SoulfishHawk":vvz8dv58 said:
Nah, it's hilarious. I don't wish bad on the guy, but he plays for the Niners, I certainly am not going to spend my time sticking up for the guy all year, or hope he plays great. Except for against the Rams or Cards.
Sports are funny like that, I get it. I couldn't stand Ricky Watters. After he came here, loved him.

You may not wish badly on him, but others have.

I'm still a fan of Sherman, but I'm not rooting for him either. If Russ ever leaves I'll do the same thing, just like I did for Hass, Kitna and others.

I wasn't a fan of Waters before or after he came to the Seahawks. There is a certain team loyalty but individuals also matter. I wouldn't necessarily say I'm hoping for Sherman to excel, but I do wish him well. His ego seems to be getting the best of him, which is taking the shine off a little bit, but I really appreciated his football smarts when he was with Seattle and respected that a lot. I think his knowledge of the game was a great example for kids about the importance of hard work, not just talent.