Sherm!

pmedic920

Reaction score
And he did it without a lot of "show boating" and running of the mouth.
I think fatherhood may be causing a metamorphosis in him.
Had a conversation yesterday about that dynamic of his game/life.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Yep, I owe Sherm an apology. I was all over his ass the first 6 games, good to see him back on form.

Good timing too cause we're playing two good passing QB's in Rapelessberger and Palmer in the next three games. Luckily Kaeperstink is in the middle so Sherm can take it easy and not even have to shower after that game.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
I think early in the year he was playing across agains scrubs and was playing uninspired at times, you can see it sometimes when he's not hustling as hard as he use to, then realizes the guy is in a better position he ends up holding a bit more to stop em. Now I think that he gets to actually go against some big names he's more motivated to play his best against them, he still has a chip on his shoulder that the media says he doesn't cover a team's #1 receiver. I'm glad he's back to the old Sherm. We need him to be that.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":1gpj0qtr said:
Always worried moving him around could break a good thing. Guess that's not true. You could use his game film as a teaching tool to young and old CBs
I thought the same thing about moving him out of his area of expertise, and said as much in another thread, but I was wrong, as Sherman has shown that he has the smarts, and athleticism to dial it all in.
I think that moving him around has caused the opposition to have to readjust and account for him.
You cant just throw away from his usual area of coverage anymore LOL.

gcolby

Reaction score
It seemed he was in man coverage pretty much all night vs Dez versus a lot of zone earlier in the year. Is this true?

If so maybe a case of Hawks not making the best use of him until now?

Given other corner is a weakness it seems ridiculous to not have Sherm following #1 WR all the time with man press emphasis.