Sherm and skip on undisputed

Torc

Reaction score
Omg. Irvin

This was a surprising discussion to me, because I've always heard "don't catch with your body, it's too likely to bounce off your pads". Yes, Irvin is a HOF receiver (which he is clear to emphasize in this clip) and clearly did it at a high level. But I grew up watching Largent, who describes watching the ball into his hands. I'll take Largent's HOF credentials over Irvin's. :)

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Sherman should have just said "Yeah, I switched to corner, therefore I've played both positions and know that corner is harder"

This is great. I always liked Skip Bayless, and now with Sherm it's even more entertaining. I love the yelling and reactions. This is what makes a great show.

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Sherman should have just said "Yeah, I switched to corner, therefore I've played both positions and know that corner is harder"

This is great. I always liked Skip Bayless, and now with Sherm it's even more entertaining. I love the yelling and reactions. This is what makes a great show.

I hated Bayless but like him more in the mom or grandpa role.

cymatica

Reaction score

You like Skip Bayless? Do you also like mosquito bites?

cymatica

Reaction score
After watching a couple of these clips, it reminds me of a male version of The View. No thanks

fenderbender123

Reaction score
You like Skip Bayless? Do you also like mosquito bites?

Yeah I like Skip. He's a good media personality. He talks about all sorts of sports and teams and everything. I disagree with his takes about half the time, which is to be expected. His job isn't to provide in-depth, complicated analysis. It's to have a reaction to all sorts of things going on in sports. Like a basic fan. He speaks well, he's passionate, and can be funny too. He also knows how to say things to get a rise out of his cohosts and guests, which makes for more entertainment. There's a reason he's been so successful in the business.

cymatica

Reaction score
I'd liken him more to a circus clown. He provides no insight into the game, his "analysis" is on par with opinionated posts in an internet forum and often just tries to get a reaction.

I guess if you're into non-thought provoking mindless entertainment, then he provides some value.

Last edited:

fenderbender123

Reaction score
I'd like him more to a circus clown. He provides no insight into the game, his "analysis" is on par with opinionated posts in an internet forum and often just tries to get a reaction.

I guess if you're into non-thought provoking mindless entertainment, then he provides some value.

That's exactly right. He is a great entertainer. He really can't provide insightful analysis, because he has to have an opinion about 50 different things across all sports every day. So you tune in to see his take as somebody who really doesn't have all the analysis and math done, which is relatable to most viewers who also don't do all that work.

cymatica

Reaction score
I didn't imply great entertainer, not a fan of clowns. He's more like a host on the View trying to pretend like they have some insight into politics and world events, when in reality they make everyone in the room dumber for having listened to them. To each his own I guess

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Yeah I like Skip. He's a good media personality. He talks about all sorts of sports and teams and everything. I disagree with his takes about half the time, which is to be expected. His job isn't to provide in-depth, complicated analysis. It's to have a reaction to all sorts of things going on in sports. Like a basic fan. He speaks well, he's passionate, and can be funny too. He also knows how to say things to get a rise out of his cohosts and guests, which makes for more entertainment. There's a reason he's been so successful in the business.

For sure. Bayless was one of the OG trolls who figured out being an entertainer was far more lucrative of a career than being a credible journalist.

I just can't stand longform yelling matches like this anymore. They had their time a decade ago, but it's too much, over saturation of sports roundtables and yelling shows arguing over minutia I don't care about.

Besides, Bayless can't go two segments without having to talk about the Cowboys, and I hate the Cowboys. Never in our lifetimes have we had to watch national sports shows obsess and talk about a franchise that hasn't won a damn thing in almost 40 years.