Shefter reporting Doug could be done

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
The fact John was referring to “stuff with the league office, with the union...” sounds like they’re finalizing his pension. If this is so, here’s saluting one of the finest all time Hawk receivers and a gritty, fearless competitor. Well done career Doug.

vance_jetzt

Reaction score
Lol we drafted a WR and now all of a sudden Doug is done... Garbage. I understand ADB is going through some things but I’ll wait to hear it from the man himself. Reporting opinion as fact chaps my cheeks... I hate skip bayless but at least he gives “opinions” and takes the backlash that comes with it... ESPN has become “the view” for men. Long live The Baldwin.

PS if he does retire they better take care of him... in a way he helped make Russ to be the QB he is today... he has been rock solid since Day 1 and is probably the best Wr I’ve seen play for the Seahawks... J gallo was good to but he’s also a 1st rounder.

Muzz

Reaction score
Doug will play this year for sure, he’s way to competitive to retire just yet.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Love me some Angry Doug. Heart of a champion. He needs to do what’s best for his health long term.

DJ_CJ

Reaction score
If that MAN retires that truly means in his heart/being he can‘t go..ADB is the epitome of hard work and passion... if has to do whats best for him with retiring it will be sad yet more than appreciative of his career... he was our original recipe, UDA with chip on shoulder

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

olyfan63

Reaction score
Yup, love me some ADB. Would love to see him as part of Pete Carroll's coaching staff.
Baldwin is up there as one of the all-time great acquisitions, to get the value he brought, from a UDFA, to have all the key plays he's made over the years... PRICELESS!!

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
DJ_CJ":17q6hgfz said:
If that MAN retires that truly means in his heart/being he can‘t go..ADB is the epitome of hard work and passion... if has to do whats best for him with retiring it will be sad yet more than appreciative of his career... he was our original recipe, UDA with chip on shoulder

Yup, yup. I am hoping that boulder on his shoulder is enough to see him come out one final season at least and show the world why he is who he is.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
ADB would make a great coach when he decides he’s done. Intensity, heart, desire and drive to be great...

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
Would hate to see him done but his health is more important.

He is one helluva Seahawk.

v1rotv2

Reaction score
For those old enough, this feels like when I heard the news of Steve Largent's retirement. Kind of gut wrenching.

HawkGA

Reaction score
Would love ADB to keep playing, but seriously, put health first. Don't risk serious damage just because of a chip on the shoulder.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
v1rotv2":3hgl4dyo said:
For those old enough, this feels like when I heard the news of Steve Largent's retirement. Kind of gut wrenching.
Losing Steve was much harder than this(if DB is done)I grew up
watching Largent who was a lot better..
DB was good but not on Largent's level (sorry)
It will be sad if it's over but it all ends at some point.

jeremiah

Reaction score
I think he will play, and until he says it publicly I will not believe it.

Vaclav44

Reaction score
Picking 3 WR in the draft sure makes me think he's done. Will miss you, Doug. Hope you decide to come back and coach for us, that would be something to behold.

poly1274

Reaction score
How much money would the Seahawks save if they release/cut Baldwin?

Latest posts