Serious knee injuries

SeeHawkRun

Reaction score
I can't beleive how many good players are going down with serious/season ending acl tears this season.

I can't help but wonder if the strict "don't even breathe in the general direction of a player's head" laws are the culprit. If so, I'd love to see the league easing back on those rules. They won't.

But with Geno going down tonight it makes me think something should be done before fans start losing interest in watching star players' backups all season long.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
It's a combination of no high hits and the new CBA offseason rules that limit actual practice. It will get far worse before they realize they screwed the pooch on this.

OrFan

Reaction score
KCHawkGirl":3ozs1px8 said:
It's a combination of no high hits and the new CBA offseason rules that limit actual practice. It will get far worse before they realize they screwed the pooch on this.

Yep. Sometimes people get too carried away with all of their great rules to fix everything. Quite often the best decision is to leave things alone.

Trrrroy

Reaction score
KCHawkGirl":k6j4wpj9 said:

I never understood the practice limits rule. Seemed counter-intuitive to me. Less practice leads to sloppy play, and sloppy play leads to more injuries. At least that's the way I see it.

mikeak

Reaction score
Does anyone actually have numbers to substantiate the claim that there is an increase?

It feels like not but not sure if it actually is..,

chris98251

Reaction score
I have read several articals about players saying fine no head or high hits I'll start going for knees to avoid fines, one last week from a Pittsburgh player I know I saw. Avoiding helmet to helmet contact can be hard when ball carriers are head dipping to brace for hits and blocks. Yeah the spearing and using the helmet as a weapon is understandable.

I know they want to make the game safe but like Boxing and Martial Arts competion as well as MMO fighting don't ya think that all the players know they after playing mostly since childhood that their is a chance to get your bell rung in a game where your colliding with people.

A simple letter of acceptence and acknowledgement by the player as well as a understanding by the league they will help the player should the need arise would make all this stuff go away we hear every week.

Kixkahn

Reaction score
chris98251":2tld58n9 said:
I have read several articals about players saying fine no head or high hits I'll start going for knees to avoid fines, one last week from a Pittsburgh player I know I saw. Avoiding helmet to helmet contact can be hard when ball carriers are head dipping to brace for hits and blocks. Yeah the spearing and using the helmet as a weapon is understandable.

I know they want to make the game safe but like Boxing and Martial Arts competion as well as MMO fighting don't ya think that all the players know they after playing mostly since childhood that their is a chance to get your bell rung in a game where your colliding with people.

A simple letter of acceptence and acknowledgement by the player as well as a understanding by the league they will help the player should the need arise would make all this stuff go away we hear every week.
You would think so, however there just was a finish to the law suit by retired players or their family for "not protecting" them good enough. So now they add these rules to stop concussions and instead a bunch of leg and knee injuries.

Latest posts