Seeding scenarios for the NFC

OP
OP
renofox

renofox

Reaction score
Polaris":38qp3o28 said:
renofox":38qp3o28 said:
If Seattle wins, then a loss by either GB or NO gives us the #2 seed. A loss by both = #1 seed.

Yep agreed. Actually if Seattle wins, a tie by NO would be enough to give Seattle the number 2 seed (GB tie would not of course). The upshot is that NO beats both GB and Seattle head to head (or three way), and Seattle beats GB when overall record is tied.

Good catch, I didn't even think about the tying scenario.

El Caliente

Reaction score
Polaris":pdyu45su said:
renofox":pdyu45su said:
If Seattle wins, then a loss by either GB or NO gives us the #2 seed. A loss by both = #1 seed.

Yep agreed. Actually if Seattle wins, a tie by NO would be enough to give Seattle the number 2 seed (GB tie would not of course). The upshot is that NO beats both GB and Seattle head to head (or three way), and Seattle beats GB when overall record is tied.
Yes, here in NO we are pulling for both the Bears and Seahawks to win. Heck this is the reason the NFL flexed our game.

OP
OP
renofox

renofox

Reaction score
El Caliente":2qo40577 said:
Polaris":2qo40577 said:
renofox":2qo40577 said:

Yes, here in NO we are pulling for both the Bears and Seahawks to win. Heck this is the reason the NFL flexed our game.

I'm right there with you!

I think we may differ on whether we want the Panthers to win. :twisted:

GO PANTHERS!
GO BEARS!

GO SEAHAWKS!