Seattle will win this week

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":3q7zllfj said:
AbsolutNET":3q7zllfj said:
I think you're overestimating our early season offense. I would be shocked if we scored 31 points

I just don't see Carpenter or Sweezy having much success against SF. I dont think the offense is going to roll like last year.

If Carroll and Bevell come out and continue to stubbornly try to run the ball against a defense that is clearly set on stopping the run like they did for 3 quarters in Carolina? Then yes, you're right.

Carroll at his presser yesterday; "We didn’t zero in early enough, where we could make the adjustments that we normally make. It just took us a while. At the end of the game, we were able to run the ball enough to make the drives that we needed and things worked out. It just took us longer than we needed in that game in particular.”

So yeah if we get off to another slow start like we seem to always do, then this is going to be a dog fight til the end. But if Pete let's Russell come out throwing downfield and make pass plays? Then that'll loosen up the run game, and we should win going away.

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
hawker84":29hez9po said:
Just win baby, don't care if it's by a last second field goal down by two, just win.

Word.

Although another 29 point victory would be choice. :th2thumbs: :49ersmall:

12thManNorth

Reaction score
Totally a trap. I would know since I do the exact same thing to my friends when I'm concerned about a game and don't wanna listen to all their trash talking after the fact. You cover yourself either way, either your team loses due to the reasons you presented ahead of time, or your team wins and then get to brag about it TWICE as much due to the reasons you presented ahead of time why they shouldn't be winning the game. I was already doing it this past Sunday watching at my buddy's house who's a diehard Panthers fan. I must've brought up 4 missing defensive starters, 10 am start, and 90 degree heat 5 times each prior to kickoff. Lol

kearly

Reaction score
I think Kaepernick handled last year's game about as poorly as he could. He's come a long way since then, so my gut feeling is that SF is good for 2, maybe 3 TDs. I also think Harbaugh has a secret weapon waiting for us. Some new wrinkle that he planned this offseason for just this game.

Seattle has the matchup advantage and is at home. They will probably win. But I think it will be a very competitive game, and I expect the 49ers will hold leads during the game.

I hope Boldin gets locked down by Browner and does jack diddly poo as Jim Mora Sr. would say. Not only because it would be huge for a Seattle win, but it might coax his fantasy owner from my league into trading him off his bench. Having watched that Packers game, I think Boldin is very much back to his old form. He looked like a 1400 yard, 13 TD WR to me.

Laloosh

Reaction score
kearly":2fy08ywb said:
I also think Harbaugh has a secret weapon waiting for us. Some new wrinkle that he planned this offseason for just this game.

Guy doesn't like to lose. I'd be surprised if he didn't have something planned. Am I crazy for not worrying that much about the 49er passing game this week? My only concern is whether or not our line play will be good enough to get the job done.

SeaTown81

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":3kivi1bt said:
So, basically this is a no-lose proposition.

If you win, you get to rub it in our faces under the guise of: "I never thought."

And if you lose, you can avoid eating crow.

That is it exactly. This is the classic no lose set up. If they lose, oh well, they were supposed to. But if they win, that's it. Season's over. 2-0 vs the Hawks. Division's clinched. ;)

Go Hawks.

Marvin49

Reaction score
You guys are funny.

"Niners are going to win" = Homer
"Seahawks are going to win" = Trap

LOL.

Not much wiggle room there.

hoxrox

Reaction score
kearly":34euppwj said:
I think Kaepernick handled last year's game about as poorly as he could. He's come a long way since then, so my gut feeling is that SF is good for 2, maybe 3 TDs. I also think Harbaugh has a secret weapon waiting for us. Some new wrinkle that he planned this offseason for just this game.

Agree with this. Like him or not, Kaepernick improved a lot this offseason. He won't be as rattled this time, and has a better rapport with Davis.

And yes Douchebaugh is going to try to run a trick play or fake punt to take the crowd out of the game early. Too bad it won't work.

:49ersmall:

Popeyejones

Reaction score
kearly":28ne0m47 said:
I also think Harbaugh has a secret weapon waiting for us. Some new wrinkle that he planned this offseason for just this game.

I really sincerely strongly doubt that. In now way whatsoever do I think Harbaugh or the 9ers were holding things back and looking past the Packers. I can say for certain the fanbase wasn't. The Packers last year, like the Seahawks, finished 11-5 and lost in the diviosonal round. Why in the world would you not do everything you possibly could to beat them?

As far Harb's "secret weapons" and 9ers fans trying to "trap" Hawks fans by saying the Hawks have a great chance of winning this weekend and are rightly the favorites -- and I say this in good spirit and lovingly -- your guys' (deserved) very high expectations and dueling Seattle-Sports-Victim-Complexes are SUPER entertaining. Like, seriously, it's really entertaining, and I'm seriously not poking fun or trying to be a jerk about it. It's as endearing as it is bizarre.

As for the actual game, and again this is not a trap, I'd be surprised if the 9ers win. I'm hoping the 9ers go 3-2 through these first 5 games, and I wouldn't even be too upset if they go 2-3. I've always had this game penciled in as a loss for the 9ers. I think the only thing that would really concern me is if the 9ers get blown out. If they just lose though, I'm fine with that, and I'm expecting them to win at home later this year.

The one thing I will say though is that if the Hawks do end up losing this game, I think the team, and in particular the fanbase, has waaaayyyy tooooo muuuuccchhhhh invested right now in what is ultimately just a regular season game. Any given Sunday, right? I think in your excitement you guys might emotionally have too much riding on this one, particularly given that a team that's rightly supposed to win (such as the Hawks this weekend) can routinely end up losing over something as meaningless as a few bounces randomly not going their way.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Popeyejones":8m7p02vk said:
kearly":8m7p02vk said:

I really sincerely strongly doubt that. In now way whatsoever do I think Harbaugh or the 9ers were holding things back and looking past the Packers. I can say for certain the fanbase wasn't. The Packers last year, like the Seahawks, finished 11-5 and lost in the diviosonal round. Why in the world would you not do everything you possibly could to beat them?

As far Harb's "secret weapons" and 9ers fans trying to "trap" Hawks fans by saying the Hawks have a great chance of winning this weekend and are rightly the favorites -- and I say this in good spirit and lovingly -- your guys' (deserved) very high expectations and dueling Seattle-Sports-Victim-Complexes are SUPER entertaining. Like, seriously, it's really entertaining, and I'm seriously not poking fun or trying to be a jerk about it. It's as endearing as it is bizarre.

As for the actual game, and again this is not a trap, I'd be surprised if the 9ers win. I'm hoping the 9ers go 3-2 through these first 5 games, and I wouldn't even be too upset if they go 2-3. I've always had this game penciled in as a loss for the 9ers. I think the only thing that would really concern me is if the 9ers get blown out. If they just lose though, I'm fine with that, and I'm expecting them to win at home later this year.

The one thing I will say though is that if the Hawks do end up losing this game, I think the team, and in particular the fanbase, has waaaayyyy tooooo muuuuccchhhhh invested right now in what is ultimately just a regular season game. Any given Sunday, right? I think in your excitement you guys might emotionally have too much riding on this one, particularly given that a team that's rightly supposed to win (such as the Hawks this weekend) can routinely end up losing over something as meaningless as a few bounces randomly not going their way.

Actually I'm pretty damn sure there will be a surprise. Roman does it almost EVERY week.

From rolling our the Pistol in the playoffs (ran it earlier as well but nowhere near as often as in the playoffs), throwing passes to Isaac Sopoaga or Joe Staley, running a bootleg with Alex Smith...something. They always have something different planned every week.

Jville

Reaction score
Nobody knows how this game will play out.

That is why it is the game of the week.

OP
OP
S

SoHo9erFan

Reaction score
This is my 1st post since the OP.. My belief that the Hawks are going to win and the expression of that belief isn't a "trap." It's just the truth. Sure, if the 49ers win I am going to come on this board and claim that the 49ers are better than I and the rest of the Hawks fans thought. This is by far the 49ers hardest game on the schedule. It's only reasonable to expect a loss. If the 49ers miraculously pull off a victory, I think you are looking at a 13-3 finish for the 49ers. Maybe even better.

But the whole point of this thread is to make 3 points:
(1) 49ers fans on this board get a ton of hate. Some of it is justified: like when we derail threads. Nevertheless, we also get accused of not knowing anything about football and being blind homers. Which is pretty ridiculous. The 49ers fans on this board are fairly objective when it comes the Seahawks. We know you are great team. We know RW is your franchise QB and he could be a top5 QB in the near future. We know your secondary is absurd and Bobby Wagner is a football player. Us 49ers fans rarely hate or question the talent of the Seahawks. We don't spread misinformation about your team or point out ever tiny flaw or mistake in the Seahawks organization. Seeing the trend here? Yes I'm accusing Seahawks fans of doing this things. Conversely, the 49ers fans are objective enough to know this upcoming game is 90% likely a loss, which leads me to my next point..

(2) a lot of posters on this board do not respect the 49ers. I know that statement makes me sound like a Whiner. I know I shouldn't expect respect on a rival board. I know respect on the Internet is truly pointless and obsolete when it comes to the real world. But the 49ers have proven over the years that they are the class of the NFL. I realize that the Seahawks might assume that role after this season plays out, but for a lot of posters on this board to downplay and even ignore the 49ers impressive success and talented roster (in every unit. yes, even our secondary is good) is just lame.
The 49ers are good. Kap is just as good as RW. Jim Harbaugh is arguably the best football mind in the world. I get it, you don't like their personas. You don't want them to be winners because they are the biggest roadblock to your SB dreams, but you just have to accept it. It's a fact. Not an opinion (But Kap is only a one-read QB!!!1!1!!!1!one!!!--- sorry, get over it) Nonetheless, this bring me to my third point.

(3) The Hawks match up well with the 49ers. Your team is designed to beat the 49ers. Your toughness and intensity matches the 49ers. You guys not only will win this game but you will probably win in Candlestick. The Seahawks advantages over the 49ers is not solely attributed to the venue of the game. So, yeah, congrats. When the 49ers and Seahawks are on a neutral field you guys will win. Does that mean you're the better team? I guess so. But, and this is what is unfortunate for the Hawks, it's a 17 week season and to assure a SB birth the Hawks will probably have to secure home field throughout in order to make it. There's to big of a risk for the Hawks if they have to go to say Green Bay or to Atlanta/New Orleans. And, again unfortunately for the Hawks, I'm not convinced you guys will win this division. Even if (more like when) you win this weekend. The Hawks got screwed by the schedule.

So, when Marvin49er says this game isn't as important for the
49ers as it is for the Seahawks, he's absolutely right.

Jville

Reaction score
I think the Seahawks will be a much stronger team in the second half of the season than it is going into this weekend.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Marvin49":2e4cwr52 said:
Actually I'm pretty damn sure there will be a surprise. Roman does it almost EVERY week.

From rolling our the Pistol in the playoffs (ran it earlier as well but nowhere near as often as in the playoffs), throwing passes to Isaac Sopoaga or Joe Staley, running a bootleg with Alex Smith...something. They always have something different planned every week.

Yes, to the frequent consternation of 9ers fans. :D

I was objecting to the implication that Roman designed something in the off-season and held it back just for this super special Seahawks game, which I totally don't buy for a second.

Truth be told, while I think this is obviously a very big and exciting game, I think it's also quite clearly much more special for Hawks fans than for 9ers fans, and takes on an outsized degree of importance for them that it doesn't for us. We see that in a myriad of ways, even in this thread (the suspicion that 9ers fans thinking the Hawks and 9ers will split games this year is a "trap" (LOL) or that the 9ers were holding things back against an 11-5 divisional round team in order to have a better chance at later playing another 11-5 divisional round team).

Popeyejones

Reaction score
SoHo9erFan":ou645s8m said:
Us 49ers fans rarely hate or question the talent of the Seahawks. We don't spread misinformation about your team or point out ever tiny flaw or mistake in the Seahawks organization. Seeing the trend here? Yes I'm accusing Seahawks fans of doing this things.

Not really a fare comparison, IMO, because this is ultimately a Hawks board, and the 9ers fans that come here are very different from the bulk of the 9ers fans on the Webzone.

Go to the Webzone and you'll see 9ers fans doing all the exact same crud on their own forum that you're accusing Hawks fans of doing more frequently.

And really, that type of low hanging fruit exists for every team. I also think it dominates the Webzone in a way it doesn't dominate hawks.net.

Heck, I started posting here not only because I love the rivalry, but also because the Webzone (obviously not everyone) is spammed so heavily with idiocy that it makes it hard to wade through, even for a 9ers fan.

SeaTown81

Reaction score
SoHo9erFan":29he7ifn said:
This is my 1st post since the OP.. My belief that the Hawks are going to win and the expression of that belief isn't a "trap." It's just the truth. Sure, if the 49ers win I am going to come on this board and claim that the 49ers are better than I and the rest of the Hawks fans thought. This is by far the 49ers hardest game on the schedule. It's only reasonable to expect a loss. If the 49ers miraculously pull off a victory, I think you are looking at a 13-3 finish for the 49ers. Maybe even better.

It's not a trap, per se. And one can do so while still honestly talking about the game. But it is a nice convenient stance to take. Nothing better than creating win-win scenarios for yourself on a rival's board. ;)

49ers fans on this board get a ton of hate. Some of it is justified: like when we derail threads. Nevertheless, we also get accused of not knowing anything about football and being blind homers. Which is pretty ridiculous. The 49ers fans on this board are fairly objective when it comes the Seahawks. We know you are great team. We know RW is your franchise QB and he could be a top5 QB in the near future. We know your secondary is absurd and Bobby Wagner is a football player. Us 49ers fans rarely hate or question the talent of the Seahawks. We don't spread misinformation about your team or point out ever tiny flaw or mistake in the Seahawks organization. Seeing the trend here? Yes I'm accusing Seahawks fans of doing this things. Conversely, the 49ers fans are objective enough to know this upcoming game is 90% likely a loss

Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa. Hold the phone here for a second. Stop talking about 49ers fans as if you yourself and Marvin are indicative of the fan base in any way whatsoever. You do realize that the reason there are a couple respectful, knowledgeable Niner fans on this site is because you guys are the only ones who haven't been banned, correct? So before you get all sanctimonious on us, keep in mind that there have been MANY to come before you, and many who you never notice as they're immediately banned.

And you are not in any way allowed to go off about Seattle fans disrespecting your team or not taking them serious when your fans do the exact same thing, if not much worse.

http://www.49erswebzone.com

And before you say that site isn't good or full of idiots, I don't care what you think of it. That is your most popular site on the internet. It is the equivalent of Seahawks.Net. The fact that smart Niners fans know better than to go there doesn't mean those aren't your fans. They represent your fan base 1,000 times more than a couple smart, rational dudes on our site.

I highly doubt you want us Seattle fans on this site holding all of the dumb things said on webzone held against you. So do us a favor and quit with the hypocritical sanctimony. Most on this site respect the few decent Niners posters we have, as evidenced by the fact that you're still allowed to post. That should be all the respect you need. And you'd be well off not lumping all Seattle fans in as one when on their site. There are plenty of Hawks fans on here who think your team is quite good, and who throw a lot of praise their way. Not all, but more than enough. We just don't like them. You're gonna have to learn to deal with it.

a lot of posters on this board do not respect the 49ers. I know that statement makes me sound like a Whiner. I know I shouldn't expect respect on a rival board.

Yes. Yes, you should.

The Hawks match up well with the 49ers. Your team is designed to beat the 49ers. Your toughness and intensity matches the 49ers. You guys not only will win this game but you will probably win in Candlestick. The Seahawks advantages over the 49ers is not solely attributed to the venue of the game. So, yeah, congrats. When the 49ers and Seahawks are on a neutral field you guys will win. Does that mean you're the better team? I guess so. But, and this is what is unfortunate for the Hawks, it's a 17 week season and to assure a SB birth the Hawks will probably have to secure home field throughout in order to make it. There's to big of a risk for the Hawks if they have to go to say Green Bay or to Atlanta/New Orleans. And, again unfortunately for the Hawks, I'm not convinced you guys will win this division. Even if (more like when) you win this weekend. The Hawks got screwed by the schedule.

Agree just about 100%. And if I was to be entirely honest, going into the season and before we see how the teams look after more than one game, I agree that the Niners should actually be the favorites. I think both teams are VERY evenly matched in terms of talent and coaching. If they play 10 games, I'm almost certain it ends up 5-5, 6-4 at the very most. So when trying to break down the season before we see much more, one of the only things you can look at is the schedule. And SF got a huge break in that regard. They get the good teams at home, we get them on the road. Hawks have to travel back East more. And the Niners get the home game against us late in the season when it will most certainly count a lot more than this week's game. The schedule is most definitely something that falls in SF's favor.

Still though, doesn't change much in terms of how each respective fan base feels about their team. Niners fans like their chances. Hawks fans like ours. We both got two great teams. It's going to be a great fight all season long. Can't wait for Sunday.

Go Hawks.

Giedi

Reaction score
hoxrox":ipzeghb1 said:
kearly":ipzeghb1 said:

Agree with this. Like him or not, Kaepernick improved a lot this offseason. He won't be as rattled this time, and has a better rapport with Davis.

And yes Douchebaugh is going to try to run a trick play or fake punt to take the crowd out of the game early. Too bad it won't work.

:49ersmall:

Regarding Harbaugh and his personality, I agree he will rub opposing fans the wrong way - he's brash and confident in himself and his players. He'll defend them, as he should, as any coach would, and I totally understand the hateraid sent his way from this fan base - and it's totally understandable here. Not a biggie for me.

What I think is a more interesting discussion point is how Dan Quinn, Travis Jones, and Tom Cable do against the 49er coaching staff. I have doubts about Dan, Travis and Cable. I really do. Dan wasn't the best D-line coach we've had, and Travis comes from the Saints bounty gate situation, and Cable wasn't that great a head coach with the Raiders. Pete is a good DC, but 4 games over .500 doesn't point to beiing an eilte coach - this late in his career.

I think Bevell is an outstanding offensive coach, and I think Schnider and McCloughan are outstanding front office guys. McCloughan had a hand in building much of the 49ers that will be currently playing against you on sunday. Anyway, I will be watching - like a Hawk :mrgreen: - your D line and defensive adjustments to see how your coaches are coping with the problem sets the Roman offense gives them. Man it's going to be a good game - win or lose.

ivotuk

Reaction score
SoHo9erFan":2zuhy4a0 said:
Yup. You heard it here first (from a 49er fan anyways (actually, plently 49ers fans on this board have revealed their doubts regarding a 49ers win)).

Wilson is legit. Our Defense has trouble stopping competent QBs. Especially when the QB has time to scan the field. Sure, I expect the 49ers to routinely collapse the pocket on Wilson. But Wilson knows how to escape, and he is the best in the league when throwing on the run. Doesn't bode well for our D.

In terms of offense, you guys are too good at the CLINK. Kap will struggle to get the play in and, most importantly, he will struggle to orchestrate the complex motions our offense runs. Our WRs will be buried by your secondary. I can't see Boldin doing well against Sherman. And Kyle Williams' only threat is downfield, but ET is more than capable of breaking up the big pass play. You guys will double and even triple team Davis.

I think the only way the 49ers have a chance is if Kap targets players like TE Vance McDonald, FB Bruce Miller, or 3rd WR Patton (he only had a handful of snaps against GB).

Honestly, I don't see a victory here. Probably something like 31-17 Seattle. Hopefully it will be a clean, injure free game though

Much respect. I think it will be closer than that though. What baffles me is the way everyone today portrays a win or a loss as some kind of uber statement to a teams ability to win next week. The SF-GB game score was only 6 point difference, and while I didn't see the game, that isn't a whole lot there.

The highlights I have seen it looks like Kape has progressed in his throwing but like someone said, they are still darts, no arc to them which might be problematic.

Should be a good game, and I expect us to win this one.

Weadoption

Reaction score
All this rational football civility sucks.
Niners by 3 TDs as the run game goes wild.