Seattle will win this week

Thunderhawk

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":1z41yc7g said:
60niners":1z41yc7g said:
I won't be all broken up if the Niners don't come away with a win. These teams are fairly even and the home team should win 9/10 times.

This is how I feel about the game later in the year at SF. I will gladly take 1-1 against Frisco and focus on maybe sweeping the rest of the NFCW
Don't count on sweeping the rest of the NFCW. Cards with Palmer look entirely different and Bradford has weapons. Could this be a year when every NFC West team goes 1-1 against the division? I wouldn't be surprised...which is surprising.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":b8b9fvak said:
So, basically this is a no-lose proposition.

If you win, you get to rub it in our faces under the guise of: "I never thought."

And if you lose, you can avoid eating crow.

LOL.

If thats how you choose to see it.

No...seriously...these are 2 very evenly matched teams. I'm confident in my team tho so on a neutral field or at the 'stick, I take SF every day.

In that building tho...its a different story. The D gets an extra step because of the noise. Play calls need to be trimmed. Its a real factor.

BTW...I have no problem eating crow. I've never guaranteed a win all off-season. I've always respected the Seahawks but defended the Niners. I've always viewed Seattle as the SECOND best team in the NFL. :D

No shame in admitting that I think Seattle will win in their fortress of sound.

seahawksflow

Reaction score
Ya not expecting a win, but expecting/hoping for a closer match up than last time. We aren't quite as banged up, Colin isn't going into his 6th start, so I expect a closer end score.

Our defense looks suspect. GB put up plenty of points and yards, it is Aaron Rodgers... but still suspect secondary. Although Reid showed bright signs. D line got little pressure on Aaron and that is one crappy Oline to not penetrate. I do not worry about teams that are more one dimensional. (Think last year teams of Packers, Pats, Saints). We do not match up well against more balanced teams. Teams with good D, good running game, decent throwing, and the ability to wear down the clock are what worry me. Teams that can beat us at our own game. (Think last year teams of Vikes, Ravens, Giants). Now take a Seattle team that has all the above but excel in more than one area, add in the home field advantage and it just equate to expecting to come home with the W.

So a win on the road against a stellar home team with very loud stadium, it just isn't plausible to expect a win... just for a good fight.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
Thunderhawk":1mok3xop said:
Smelly McUgly":1mok3xop said:
60niners":1mok3xop said:
I won't be all broken up if the Niners don't come away with a win. These teams are fairly even and the home team should win 9/10 times.

This is how I feel about the game later in the year at SF. I will gladly take 1-1 against Frisco and focus on maybe sweeping the rest of the NFCW
Don't count on sweeping the rest of the NFCW. Cards with Palmer look entirely different and Bradford has weapons. Could this be a year when every NFC West team goes 1-1 against the division? I wouldn't be surprised...which is surprising.

I'm definitely not counting on it, but I think 12-4 gets HFA this year because all the divisions are so tough in the NFC. This means that we need 8-0 at home and four road wins. We have three left to get now, and STL/ARZ represent two of the easier shots at road wins that we have left. That ARZ game is on a Thursday night, though, which is irritating. Man, I hate Thursday night games.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Lets also not forget that the fans will be trying to break the record for the loudest stadium.

We can't lose this game.

Dreadbelch

Reaction score
I'm not so sure.

Don't forget the Niners also played an insane number of downs against the Patriots in the week prior to the last meeting in between traveling across three timezones twice in the span of a few days. They'll be rested and amped up this time.

Hawks may not see much of a pass rush improvement from last week either. Clem and Avril won't be playing their best (if they even play) after missing the first four preseason games and the season opener.

This game could be decided on four or five key plays.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Dreadbelch":2j2cqkiw said:
I'm not so sure.

Don't forget the Niners also played an insane number of downs against the Patriots in the week prior to the last meeting in between traveling across three timezones twice in the span of a few days. They'll be rested and amped up.

We may not see much of a pass rush improvement from last week either. Clem and Avril won't be playing their best (if they even play) after missing the first four preseason games and the season opener.

This game could be decided on four or five key plays.

LOL.

This thread is like my last 3 or 4 months on this forum in reverse. I've made that argument before about the number of plays, Justin injury, and travelling back from NE and been shot down in a big way.

No worries.

Yes, I agree with what you've said which is why I think the game will be far closer...but in the end I think it's too much to expect a win in that building. Even when the Seahawks weren't very good they were a tough out up there. CAN the the Niners win? Of course. Just sayin I predict Seattle wins this one.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I think the game will be much closer (how could it not?) than the home game last year. I think it will be a 1-score differential.

But I still see the Hawks winning this one at home.

And I see them losing in SF.

The home/road factor is what us going to separate these two teams this year, and that's it.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
I don't see Seattle losing either game. If the first game was at Candle[crap], then I might write this one off as a loss, but we're going to get better as the season goes along just like 2011 and 2012.

Especially with Harvin. The 9ers need to take this one now, IMO.

Marvin49":g8yxlmm9 said:
Sarlacc83":g8yxlmm9 said:

If you win, you get to rub it in our faces under the guise of: "I never thought."

LOL.

Why are you even remotely surprised I have a dim view of 49ers fans ulterior motives?

Marvin49

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":2hygi6s2 said:
I don't see Seattle losing either game. If the first game was at Candle[crap], then I might write this one off as a loss, but we're going to get better as the season goes along just like 2011 and 2012.

Especially with Harvin. The 9ers need to take this one now, IMO.

Marvin49":2hygi6s2 said:
Sarlacc83":2hygi6s2 said:

LOL.

Why are you even remotely surprised I have a dim view of 49ers fans ulterior motives?

I'm not. :D

I don't think they "need" it, but it would be huge if they got it. They might be better later with Harvin, but I'm more worried about a Harvin-less team in Seattle than a team with harvin in SF.

Hopefully, Crabtree will be back by then as well. Not counting on it though.

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
TRAP TRAP TRAP TRAP TRAP TRAP TRAP TRAP TRAP TRAP TRAP TRAP TRAP TRAP TRAP TRAP TRAP TRAP TRAP TRAP TRAP TRAP TRAP TRAP TRAP TRAP TRAP TRAP TRAP TRAP TRAP TRAP TRAP TRAP TRAP TRAP TRAP TRAP TRAPTRAP TRAP TRAP TRAP TRAP TRAP TRAP TRAP TRAPTRAP TRAP TRAP TRAP TRAP TRAP TRAP TRAP TRAP TRAP TRAP TRAP TRAP TRAP TRAPTRAP TRAP TRAP TRAP TRAP TRAP TRAP TRAP TRAPTRAP TRAP TRAP TRAP TRAP TRAP TRAP TRAP TRAP TRAP TRAP TRAP TRAP TRAP TRAPTRAP TRAP TRAP TRAP TRAP TRAP TRAP TRAP TRAPTRAP TRAP TRAP TRAP TRAP TRAP TRAP TRAP TRAP TRAP TRAP TRAP TRAP TRAP TRAPTRAP TRAP TRAP (i want this win vs SF so bad i can taste it) TRAP TRAP TRAP TRAP TRAP TRAPTRAP TRAP TRAP TRAP TRAP TRAP TRAP TRAP TRAP TRAP TRAP TRAP TRAP TRAP TRAPTRAP TRAP TRAP TRAP TRAP TRAP TRAP TRAP TRAPTRAP TRAP TRAP TRAP TRAP TRAP TRAP TRAP TRAP TRAP TRAP TRAP TRAP TRAP TRAPTRAP TRAP TRAP TRAP TRAP TRAP TRAP TRAP TRAPTRAP TRAP TRAP TRAP TRAP TRAP TRAP TRAP TRAP TRAP TRAP TRAP TRAP TRAP TRAPTRAP TRAP TRAP TRAP TRAP TRAP TRAP TRAP TRAPTRAP TRAP TRAP TRAP TRAP TRAP TRAP TRAP TRAP TRAP TRAP TRAP TRAP TRAP TRAPTRAP TRAP TRAP TRAP TRAP TRAP TRAP TRAP TRAP

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
The Hawks need to win this thing, though. That would give them a VERY good shot at 4-1 through the first five, maybe 5-0 if we can figure out how to play offense on the road.

After week one, the schedule looks much less scary, too. @ATL, NO, @SF look like the biggest challenges. I think the Giants probably are pretty mediocre, and I think the Texans and Colts can both be had on the road. This schedule looked insanely hard before the season started, but after the first week, I think it's been downgraded to merely "challenging."

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
I think you're overestimating our early season offense. I would be shocked if we scored 31 points

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":uxp0dmk2 said:

Yup, you nailed it. I see it this way as well. Set's it up nicely for a fan, especially in a forum setting like this. Plus, it allowed for Niner fans to chime in further to say that the location is the only reason the Hawks would win against what they say is an otherwise superior team. How very patronizing.

Still, I can grant some sincerity to it. So, not just looking to rip apart everything Niner fans say. But, come on man... of course the 12th man makes it a tough place to play. No one needs to be reminded of that.

In all honesty, I'm not into predictions. To me, they're pretty silly - as if someone actually knows the future. Are they just so one can say, "I told you so!"? Yeah, whatever.

Each team knows each others' strengths and weaknesses. It seems like the Hawks have a few more question marks going into this game that concern me a bit - on both the offensive and defensive lines. I sure hope for a win b/c I don't want to hear the nonsense from the Niner fanbase if their team steals a win against a quite possibly somewhat more depleted team. If some of those guys are active (Browner, Avril, Clemons), are they 100%? We've got some new pieces in place that take time to gel. Of course so do the Niners, but it doesn't invalidate where the Seahawks are at as a team at this point. It's early and they are still working on some things. The injury bug has tempered my confidence.

I think I might actually be more confident going into Candlestick than I am about this Sunday's game. By then, this team could be at full strength. If this Seahawks team can start 4-0, they are going to start getting players back and get stronger and stronger as the year unfolds. It's the early part of the season that has me feeling a bit unsettled. I know the Niners are a formidable team and so they give me a bit more concern than other teams might. But, seems like this Hawks team plays their best against better competition. I don't know if I can honestly say it will be a fun game to watch. Really, it's a quest for dominance in the NFC West. Ultimately, it's no fun at all unless the Hawks win. This is an important divisional game for a Seahawks team with championship aspirations.

Go Hawks!

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":y4hvzxh9 said:
I think you're overestimating our early season offense. I would be shocked if we scored 31 points

I just don't see Carpenter or Sweezy having much success against SF. I dont think the offense is going to roll like last year.

Giedi

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3emwh7be said:
I think the Hawks will win, but I always pick the Hawks to win at home.

I do expect this game to be much much closer than last year's 49'er beat down at home though, especially if Kaep doesn't turn the ball over. So I expect a more conservative game plan out of Harbaugh than he brought in last year. He's not going to put too much on Kaepernick's plate, expect a lot of running and playing the field position game unless you get behind early.

I think the 49ers will give the Hawks a much better challenge than Carolina. However, the 12th man is to be feared and respected. I believe that the Seattle 12th man is formidable and equals a touchdown advantage.

The only chance for a 49er win is to control the clock with the run and hope the 49er line dominates the line of scrimmage on first down so that 2nd and 3rd downs are short downs. Finally, if the 49er special teams makes *one* mistake - it's game over. Miss a field goal, allow a return past the 50, or a bad punt - that will be the difference in the game. I think the Hawks can afford to give one turnover and still win the game, but if the 49ers make *one* turnover - it's over.

Giedi

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":1u0sow97 said:
AbsolutNET":1u0sow97 said:

I just don't see Carpenter or Sweezy having much success against SF. I dont think the offense is going to roll like last year.

Sweezy and Carpenter definitely will be facing a challenge. Backtiari (Green Bay's rookie left tackle) did a decent job against Aldon and Justin. I suspect Sweezy and Carpenter will do well in pass protection, simply because Wilson is so hard to sack and is mobile, so the D Line Rush can't sell out and penetrate - but have to contain rush. They may have trouble on the run blocking though - the 49er D Line is very hard to block.

The season is early. There is a lot of unknowns on both sides of the ball on both teams. I think both fan bases won't know who is at all pro and who has declined until game 4. By then we have some sort of statistical base to see how each player is doing.

It's going to be a good game, and I think there is a very good chance the 12th man will have their Guiness record by the end of the game.

NinerLifer

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":3ettilvf said:
60niners":3ettilvf said:

Same here

Do I expect the Niners to win on SNF this week? Nope!

Do I think that the Niners have a chance to win this week? Yep!

I respect your 12th man advantage way too much to allow myself to get mad about a 1-1 start to the season after what I believe to be the toughest part of our schedule, knowing that we won't have to play in C-link this season again thanks to our easier schedule compared to yours.

However if we do win this Sunday night, I think there will be little doubt across the league, and even amongst those on here, that the NFCW and home filed advantage is ours for the taking.