Seattle Sounders 2015 Season Thread

OP
OP
SeatownJay

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Tough match for Seattle tonight, Torres, Valdez, and Evans all had to be subbed out because of injury. That was a hard-earned point on the road at a place the Sounders usually struggle.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
They pulled out a draw. Frei is the worst set piece goalkeeper I've ever seen. He's absolutely horrible in those situations. He sure lets a lot of balls get by him. That header by SJ wasn't anything a decent GK couldn't have made. Top GKs make that save. SJ nipping at the Sounders heels and luckily they didn't gain any ground.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
The Sounders looked like what they are right now, dinged up, injured, old and slow.

We've got quality all over the place, but not sure we can get healthy and put it all together by playoff time.........every time someone comes back, someone else gets hurt.

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
hawkfan68":2l3v5ijc said:
They pulled out a draw. Frei is the worst set piece goalkeeper I've ever seen. He's absolutely horrible in those situations. He sure lets a lot of balls get by him. That header by SJ wasn't anything a decent GK couldn't have made. Top GKs make that save. SJ nipping at the Sounders heels and luckily they didn't gain any ground.

That was on Neagle for allowing the guy a free header. You can blame the goalie but the defense has been really poor at defending set pieces all year.

Torres now out for the season with a knee injury :(.

Ivanshitz (sp?) did remind me of Beckham. He's pretty slow but if he can cross like that continuously he's worth having on the field. We've missed that all season.

Smurf

Reaction score
CurryStopstheRuns":31xvddi0 said:
Cascadia Cup is back in Seattle! Massive victory for the Sounders.

Sounders are now closer to being in contention for the top spot in the west than they are falling out of the playoffs....thats something...

3 points out of first in the west (and thus the league).

4 games left to play, all against western conference opponents. SKC, LA, Houston, and RSL.

This league is so close and with the number of fixtures remaining just about anything could happen. We seem to be hitting a good run of form and if things bounce our way we could be in the mix for the supporters shield...but at this point I'll settle for making the playoffs....

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
Smurf":315ueqxi said:
CurryStopstheRuns":315ueqxi said:
Cascadia Cup is back in Seattle! Massive victory for the Sounders.

Sounders are now closer to being in contention for the top spot in the west than they are falling out of the playoffs....thats something...

3 points out of first in the west (and thus the league).

4 games left to play, all against western conference opponents. SKC, LA, Houston, and RSL.

This league is so close and with the number of fixtures remaining just about anything could happen. We seem to be hitting a good run of form and if things bounce our way we could be in the mix for the supporters shield...but at this point I'll settle for making the playoffs....

Pretty happy to be getting back to the form that they showed at the beginning of the season. I am finally making it to a match and it is the finale against rsl.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Awesome win. Ivanschitz was absolutely the best player on the pitch yesterday. Really nice passes and broke the proverbial ice with his first goal. I was disappointed in the depth of the team earlier but now that they have Ivanschitz and Valdez playing...it's made the team depth (at least up front and midfield) better. The only concern now is the defensive backfield consistency. They played well yesterday but they are known to have lapses there. Torres out and Scott playing with broken foot....The only negative yesterday was Alonso got injured. Hopefully he can get back on the pitch soon.

Smurf

Reaction score
hawkfan68":1u4ke2lu said:
Awesome win. Ivanschitz was absolutely the best player on the pitch yesterday. Really nice passes and broke the proverbial ice with his first goal. I was disappointed in the depth of the team earlier but now that they have Ivanschitz and Valdez playing...it's made the team depth (at least up front and midfield) better. The only concern now is the defensive backfield consistency. They played well yesterday but they are known to have lapses there. Torres out and Scott playing with broken foot....The only negative yesterday was Alonso got injured. Hopefully he can get back on the pitch soon.

Given Alonso's age and injury history, it might be time to find a replacement for him.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Smurf":r53ulv6i said:
hawkfan68":r53ulv6i said:

Given Alonso's age and injury history, it might be time to find a replacement for him.

We are so much better with Alonso on the pitch, but I agree, if he can no longer stay healthy it might be time to find his replacement...........especially with how much he makes. Dude can't be missing half the season every year.

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
It feels like we are catching teams like LA and SKC at the right time. How many more wins do we need to make the play offs?

Beating Vancouver away was a huge result!

For once, the Sounders seem to be getting hot at the right time. I feel in the past we've peaked too early- look at LA, Houston etc in the past. Have slow starts, sometimes scrape into the play offs then dominate the play offs. Hopefully that's us this year. Just need to make the play offs first. One game at a time.

Smurf

Reaction score
Glasgow Seahawk":hf1rjhj7 said:
It feels like we are catching teams like LA and SKC at the right time. How many more wins do we need to make the play offs?

Beating Vancouver away was a huge result!

For once, the Sounders seem to be getting hot at the right time. I feel in the past we've peaked too early- look at LA, Houston etc in the past. Have slow starts, sometimes scrape into the play offs then dominate the play offs. Hopefully that's us this year. Just need to make the play offs first. One game at a time.

Everything is in our control at this point. All 4 of our remaining opponents are in the western conference. If we take care of ourselves we should be in the show.

If we get super hot and get some favorable results else where we will climb up the home field advantage spots as well.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Smurf":1ynw902c said:
If we get super hot and get some favorable results else where we will climb up the home field advantage spots as well.

We haven't had the best luck with HFA, so I'm just fine with going on the road with a chip on our shoulder............seems to help this club.

We played a great match, but between Ozzie and Clint's nagging injuries I'm still a little nervous. Those two need to get to full strength.

Smurf

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3vud7saf said:
Smurf":3vud7saf said:

We haven't had the best luck with HFA, so I'm just fine with going on the road with a chip on our shoulder............seems to help this club.

We played a great match, but between Ozzie and Clint's nagging injuries I'm still a little nervous. Those two need to get to full strength.

You spelled Obafemi Martins wrong.

His the key....and lord have mercy on the opponent if he scores a goal. IIRC we are 18-1-1 when he scores.

Smurf

Reaction score
Don't look now...but the sounders are Hot. Another 3-0 victory over Vancouver Whitecaps sends them through to the knockout round of the CCL.

Neagle with 2 goals tonight, and Barrett/Valdez with the third.

Barrett had both assists on Neagle's goals as well.

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
Smurf":7kzqrih8 said:
Don't look now...but the sounders are Hot. Another 3-0 victory over Vancouver Whitecaps sends them through to the knockout round of the CCL.

Neagle with 2 goals tonight, and Barrett/Valdez with the third.

Barrett had both assists on Neagle's goals as well.

The whitecaps have to be questions themselves after getting smoked twice in a week.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Sounders are looking really strong now. The Whitecaps have been dealt a severe message. Now the rest of the MLS needs to be given the same message.

Latest posts