Season Ticket Upgrade Status

Hawknballs

Reaction score
you still might be able to get something, they just might not be ideal seats but will also be cheaper, then you can upgrade next season. There aren't really any bad seats int he house but some aren't under cover, or are in the corners, etc.

summesm

Reaction score
so even if i requested club seats will i still be called if there are cheaper/nonclub seats avalable when they get to me on list if they do get to me. things dont look good for us first timers this year. thakns for any insite and info you have

rcambaker

Reaction score
Even though you requested club seats you should have an option to purchase cheaper seats if they are available when it is your turn to buy seats.

It's amazing what a difference a year makes. I got Season Tickets last August during training camp when TJ has still in the mix to be the starting QB (even though the chance was probably small for him then). I went with club seats and there were quite a lot of 300 level options available then.

Since you want club seats I think that will increase your chance of getting Season Tickets.

BocciHawk

Reaction score
I'd be floored if the club seats sold out i.e. if there weren't any available for season ticket sales.

nrayorr

Reaction score
Well, I just heard from my rep who told me that the chances of my getting tickets this year are slim to none. He said that I would be placed on the priority list for the 2014 season. Kinda sucks because I was really wanting to get season tickets this year.

chimpanjesus

Reaction score
if what my rep told me was accurate the waiting list for season tickets is currently 12,000 people long.

Intothewater

Reaction score
When I went through the upgrade last week and asked about club options all that was left are the $300 and $350 per seat/game options. So it seems like they are selling even the club level at a pretty good clip.

summesm

Reaction score
If season ticket holders are upgrading to other seats wouldn't that make there old seats available or do a lot upgrade and keep old seats to sell? Well there is still a little hope for club seats for me but the more I learn slimmer it seems to get but til they say no there is always hope

kaledoniain

Reaction score
My seat relocation window started this morning. I went on at 9 a.m. hoping to move to a lower row in my section but there was not much available and nothing better than where I am already. A few pairs scattered here and there. At this moment there is still four in a row available in section 303 row Y. Also four in a row in section 306 row HH. Lots in Club 209 if your pockets are deep enough.

Also for some reason section 330 is blanked out on the virtual map. I will keep checking through the day in case something becomes available. Asked my rep by chat to call me if she finds anything to improve my location.

BoatsAndHose

Reaction score
I am a current season ticket holder and I just received word it was my window to purchase additional season tix if I wanted to. I decided to pick a another pair in 339 HH. It sounds like that is the best available options except for Club seats......

RabidFrenzy

Reaction score
Hawknballs":3fhwmcup said:
you still might be able to get something, they just might not be ideal seats but will also be cheaper, then you can upgrade next season. There aren't really any bad seats int he house but some aren't under cover, or are in the corners, etc.

I hope, I'll take any tickets I can get my hands on at this point. I already bought a couple of tickets for the Hawks vs Bucs game. :th2thumbs:. I'm just hoping the Hawks ticket office opens up more season tickets spots for the demand. :49ersmall:

5fanfamily

Reaction score
Hawknballs":2i1li9vf said:
Just got my season tickets locked in. They are ADA seats because my dad has a leg brace, so not sure what that means for anyone trying to get regular seating. Pickens were slim but we also just want tickets and aren't super picky, we just love to be there.

last year we had a 5-game plan, and at the end of the season put a deposit down, so I guess maybe they have gone through all the upgrades and should now be getting to anyone in that same boat.

I put in a deposit in January and was told we'd get 4 seats and that he'd get back to me about sections/rows in the spring. I was told we would get seats but he didn't know where yet but that he was sure he could get me ones that were good and not to worry.
I heard nothing so I called the other day when I saw on Facebook that now people are only being signed up for Blue Pride and now suddenly he said that it is unlikely we will get tickets. I was totally misled and I am so disappointed. If I had been told outright my deposit didn't mean anything, that would be different, but I told my kids we had season tickets after I talked to him the first time and put the deposit down and they were soooo excited! With everyone buying them up to sell it is likely to price us out of seats for even a few games. The prices for the game we went to last year were so high that I just figured we'd be better off getting season tickets instead of paying almost as much for single game tickets. : (

So, now do they get to keep my deposit until next year if I stay on the list? How does this work?

Riley12

Reaction score
While I understand your disappointment, 5fan, you also have to realize that even though there are quite a few people who don't renew
their seats in a typical year, this year is far, far from typical. The agent should have mentioned that "past results don't guarantee future success."

The BEST time to get seats is in down years. We sure could have used your voice, and many others, during the Husky Stadium days and the
early years of Seahawks Stadium. Heck, even a couple of years ago during the Mora years you could have had really good seats.

Part of me just shakes my head at the mad scramble for season tickets and wonders why more people don't follow the team win OR lose.

BocciHawk

Reaction score
RabidFrenzy":21jrqqlu said:
Hawknballs":21jrqqlu said:

I hope, I'll take any tickets I can get my hands on at this point. I already bought a couple of tickets for the Hawks vs Bucs game. :th2thumbs:. I'm just hoping the Hawks ticket office opens up more season tickets spots for the demand. :49ersmall:

Ummm, yeah. They can't open up more season ticket spots. The NFL requires that a certain percentage of seats is sold as single game tickets. The NFL also requires that ADA tickets, which do not count against blackouts, are taken care of separately and only sold as season tickets to people who qualify.

Basically without remodeling the stadium, they can't add seats, and they already have the maximum amount of seats available for season tickets.

(Caveat: They did add standing room only seats for some games, but these are not available for season ticket ownership, from what I understand, and these are only added for certain games anticipating high demand, like playoff games.)

(Caveat: There are plans available that were developed at the very start for bringing the stadium up to 72,000 seats, the minimum for a Super Bowl, which would involve filling in the upper South bowl, around the 12th Man flag. There are also rumors of plans that would fill in the area around the Hawks Nest, further increasing capacity, but I have no idea how real that option is. Either one would require some construction, and we'd all hear about it before they broke ground, I'm sure.)

BocciHawk

Reaction score
Riley12":2ml89yct said:
While I understand your disappointment, 5fan, you also have to realize that even though there are quite a few people who don't renew
their seats in a typical year, this year is far, far from typical. The agent should have mentioned that "past results don't guarantee future success."

The BEST time to get seats is in down years. We sure could have used your voice, and many others, during the Husky Stadium days and the
early years of Seahawks Stadium. Heck, even a couple of years ago during the Mora years you could have had really good seats.

Part of me just shakes my head at the mad scramble for season tickets and wonders why more people don't follow the team win OR lose.

Quoted for truth. We got our seats at the tail end of the Erickson era, and I'm not just saying that to say "wow, look at me, I got mine early" more to say that I was excited for games regardless of the coach or who was playing. I'd hazard to say that in the last ten years, at least seven of those ten, if you checked, there were thousands of tickets available for season ticket purchase and no waiting list.

5fanfamily

Reaction score
5fanfamily":yblybttx said:
Hawknballs":yblybttx said:
Just got my season tickets locked in. They are ADA seats because my dad has a leg brace, so not sure what that means for anyone trying to get regular seating. Pickens were slim but we also just want tickets and aren't super picky, we just love to be there.

last year we had a 5-game plan, and at the end of the season put a deposit down, so I guess maybe they have gone through all the upgrades and should now be getting to anyone in that same boat.

I put in a deposit in January and was told we'd get 4 seats and that he'd get back to me about sections/rows in the spring. I was told we would get seats but he didn't know where yet but that he was sure he could get me ones that were good and not to worry.
I heard nothing so I called the other day when I saw on Facebook that now people are only being signed up for Blue Pride and now suddenly he said that it is unlikely we will get tickets. I was totally misled and I am so disappointed. If I had been told outright my deposit didn't mean anything, that would be different, but I told my kids we had season tickets after I talked to him the first time and put the deposit down and they were soooo excited! With everyone buying them up to sell it is likely to price us out of seats for even a few games. The prices for the game we went to last year were so high that I just figured we'd be better off getting season tickets instead of paying almost as much for single game tickets. : (

So, now do they get to keep my deposit until next year if I stay on the list? How does this work?

Yeah, I wish I could have afforded it in years prior and I would have snapped them up if there had been any way. We lived 1000 miles away for years with no money to travel to games then moved much closer and I took my kids to a game a year while putting my money toward graduate school. Those were some tight years. Finally not feeling the pinch and felt good at the new year knowing I could afford it and happy to finally be able to offer my kids something like that, which for us is pretty new. Kicking myself now, for sure.
Live and learn, I suppose. I guess I should remember that people trying to sell things aren't always honest. I'll stay on the list --we are forever fans (same with the TrailBlazers---good or bad, we watch and go to a game here and there!) and not with the new masses so when the hype dies down we will still be here. Just a bummer is all.

5fanfamily

Reaction score
Not a new fan here or a fair-weather fan----just a poor one who couldn't afford more than a game a year for a long time. I didn't even make it to a live game until I was 34 years old but I watched and always wanted to go, and was determined to take my kids (also fans) at much younger ages so they didn't have to wait and dream like me for years.

Bad timing, yes, as of course as I can finally afford it, all of a sudden the demand skyrocketed, but I have been a loyal fan for ages and my daughter, at just 3 yrs old, picked a Seahawks poster for her room over Dora the Explorer, Spongebob, and every other option in the store. It is still on the back of her door.

RabidFrenzy

Reaction score
I suppose this could serve as an introduction as well as an answer to some of the comments listed above. I live in Oregon and for the most part I followed NCAA football. I never really had a NFL team but followed it due to my obsession with fantasy football. I had never been to NCAA football game or NFL game due my financial situation. However, last year, me and my wife decided to go to a Seahawks game and asked my brother in-law, who is originally from Boston (annoying as hell Patriots fan) to see if him and his wife wanted to go to the game with us. Needless to say we bought a couple of tickets and headed up to Seattle. Also, I had never been to Seattle. I know, I need to get out more.

Anyway, I was blown away by the energy of the 12th man, and the Seahawks. The 300 level seats on the 50 yard line were great, fans around me were friendly and loud as hell. Not to mention that game was just amazing. I put a deposit down for season tickets shortly after, and bought a couple tickets for the last game of the season Seahawks vs Rams. I wish I would had gone to more games sooner and now I can't wait for next season. If I need to wait for a couple of years for season tickets oh well.

Go Hawks! Go Ducks!

Barthawk

Reaction score
xkj1985x":23azzp5x said:
Hey guys...to those of you who are potential new season ticket holders this year:

When did you put your deposit down for seats? I put mine down in mid-late December and was just e-mailed by the Seahawks and they basically told me that I'm "very close" to the area where they will be able to fulfill tickets for this season. If I don't get them this year then I'll be shifted to the "Blue Pride" club or whatever with my spot being held for the 2014-2015 season.

That was kind of a bummer to read, I was told when I placed my deposit in December that I would be able to secure tickets with no problem since my deposit was put down in December but now that doesn't seem like such a good chance.

Just wanted to relay what I had heard to those of you who have deposits on new seats for this season. Should find out regardless in the next 2-3 weeks but I'll remain with my fingers crossed and hope I'll be able to get into the building.

Exact message:

Your deposit placed back in December is already included in our Blue Pride waiting list with the same priority date. We will begin contacting deposit holders shortly and you are very close to the cut-off of what we think is available. Regardless, you will know soon if you can get seats or what your spot in line is moving forward!

They were probably assuring based upon historical renewal rates.. This year is different, much like after the 05/06 seasons when renewals were close to 90%.. Basically, more people renewed than projected so you are being bumped in order to fulfill existing STH first.