Sean Payton pissed off that Seattle ran up the score on MNF

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Basis4day":31gxq9bl said:
The Saints have many times demonstrated their ability to put up lots of points in short periods of time. You do everything you can to keep them from closing the gap.

Football is a game of "momentum". Sometimes just one play can change the momentum of the game....and hence, the outcome of the game.....just ask Kansas City!

djb28

Reaction score
Your game plan didn't work. Your team didn't match up. You got smoked.
Is that the other teams fault?

They should let up why? So your team can get back in the game, or even worse pull out a W!

It is not uncommon for 3 or 4 TD's to be scored in minutes!

I hope Seattle buries these chumps again!

Yoonhawk

Reaction score
Not sure if it's been posted already, but it sounds like Payton is having the Seahawks logo stenciled on the Saints' practice field for this week for a little extra motivation. Cute.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":1kt77nvn said:
I think Payton was mad because we didn't put T-Jack. In However, he should be happy he didn't see T-Jack, Wilson had the courtesy to stop trying and just ice out the game. T-Jack would have revved it up and try to make plays auditioning for a possible starting job or top backup money.

I thought Pete didn't put in Tjack because it was a nationally televised game. Doing so could be seen as an insult. Would you rather have Wilson handing the ball off or making dink and dunk passes to keep the drive going so you can eat the clock or a backup coming in were the announcers on national TV would be talking about being beaten so bad they could afford to bring in back ups.

I thought it was blatantly obvious we were trying to just eat the clock and not put up more points. We could have very very easily hung a 50 burger on them in that game.

The problem I see with this type of motivating is his own players have to know we did the opposite and so do our players. If anything your giving motivation to Seattle. I hope this back fires in a big way on Peyton and Carroll makes a nice mention some how of it in the post game. Something simply like well we were trying not to run up the score.

gulliver

Reaction score
The way we were "running our offense", we scored 27 points in the first half and only 7 in the second.

If we're capable of 27 in the first, we're capable of 27 in the second. Instead, we scored 7. That doesn't jive with Payton's "running up the score" story.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
tdigitee":mf2fuk1m said:
Seriously? in the fall of 2010 at New Orleans, Seattle lost 34-19, Brees had 4 touchdown passes. At the VERY END of that game Payton took a TO and had Brees throw on fourth down to get another TD instead of kneeling, and I was PISSED. Then Earl picked him off in the endzone, and I thought that was some sweet payback but was still steamed. Then a couple months later there was some REAL payback - karma's a beeeyotch :D

There was no reason for you to be pissed at him in that spot either.

Unless the participants are high school age or below, gripes about running up the score are absurd and only serve to embarrass the person doing the griping.

Njhawkboss

Reaction score
That's funny coming from the saints who run games up..and if he's mad now he's gonna be real mad when we run it up again on them

AsylumGuido

Reaction score
Wow! It is amazing how y'all buy into this crap tweeted by a hack. Schefter reported no such thing. Sean Payton would be the last person to bitch about running up a score, especially when it never happened.

Chill out. Geez.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
Yeah, in fairness this story is far from confirmed. A Schefter report isn't exactly a certified affidavit.

AsylumGuido

Reaction score
Yoonhawk":37cbqg4o said:
Not sure if it's been posted already, but it sounds like Payton is having the Seahawks logo stenciled on the Saints' practice field for this week for a little extra motivation. Cute.

Now this is true.

AsylumGuido

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":3sxtqz2a said:
Yeah, in fairness this story is far from confirmed. A Schefter report isn't exactly a certified affidavit.

Especially when there never was a Schefter report. Not sure who this guy is that tweeted this but reading through his stuff he is nothing more than a hack with 667 followers.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
If that's what it takes to motivate their team, THEY KNOW they are in trouble.
Love it! :)

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
It's one thing to discuss whether you should take your foot off the gas or keep trying to score in a one-sided game. But in this case, it's not even true. How can you be running up the scoe when you only put 7 on the board in the 2nd half? If this is a serious comment that Peyton actually said, it makes me feel good cause that would mean he's desperate for something to make his team angry

Hawkpower

Reaction score
AsylumGuido":2ut9l45y said:
MidwestHawker":2ut9l45y said:

Especially when there never was a Schefter report. Not sure who this guy is that tweeted this but reading through his stuff he is nothing more than a hack with 667 followers.

For your sake, I hope so. Cause he comes across as a wee child if true.

In that regard, what is wrong with his lips? Why does he look like he is puckering a sour lemon at all times?

Annoying weird face :)

https://twitter.com/SeanPaytonsLIPS

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Maybe Payton is pyshic, and just got the days mixed up due to some crossed wires.

He meant he was going to be pissed when Seattle runs up score on SNF... 48-20.