Seahawks will have a more ‘aggressive’ defense, new coordina

SNDavidson

Reaction score
I'm already a big Hurtt guy after hearing about 30 seconds of his first interview. Good hire.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
More aggressive and less predictable is a great start.

I hate 3 man rushes, but I don't mind a DL dropping into coverage if that gives us a free rusher.

Let's start with just sending pressure from every angle and every position so the QB does not have time to scan the field from the pocket. I honestly don't even care about getting burned by the big play if we can offset with drive killing sacks.

It would be hard to be worse than we had. (Though admittedly, we were solid in short yardage and in GL, we might be miss some of that - but I will take it over just letting teams walk to the RZ in any drive they don't make mistakes in. Our whole tactic was to let the team get easy yardage over the middle, have to convert multiple 1st downs, and hope they make a mistake along the way.

That is a passive tactic. Much rather we force the errors, or just force the punt.

We will probably have to give up this nonsensical focus on stopping the run, and get faster defenders in some key positions but it will be worth it.

The Rams couldn't stop the run and the only team where that issue really mattered was the 49ers.

You win in this league by passing, defending the pass, and rushing the passer.

Stopping the run gets you regular-season wins. It does very little for you in the playoffs.