Robbie Ray traded for Mitch Haniger

OP
OP
bileever

bileever

Reaction score
Got rid of that $115 million/5 year contract, and got a right handed outfield bat. Anthony Desclafani is also part of the trade.

OP
OP
bileever

bileever

Reaction score
More salary dumping.
Yes, but I think it's a good move to dump Ray's salary. It doesn't help that much this year because together, Haniger and Desclafani are as expensive as Robbie Ray. But Ray was superfluous, and we needed a decent bat. Desclafani's the perfect spot starter, now that Marco's gone.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
I like this trade. Robbie Ray is unavailable until possibly after the all-star break and in his first season in Seattle, his play was underwhelming. So trading him for players that may provide something in return is good.

NoGain

Reaction score
It's a good trade to me, as I had lost confidence in Ray as a front end starter. But let's not kid ourselves. This is still the Mariners being cheap, and no reason to forgive them for being so.

Msfann

Reaction score
I'm just glad they got rid of Robby "Monica Seles" ray and his translucent pants. Tired of hearing the man grunt like a female tennis player while showing his bare ass to everyone while he pitches.