"Seahawks vs Niners" by Levy Films

taz291819

Reaction score
toadie_uk":1dlschvr said:
As someone who works in sports television I can only marvel at the camerawork and editing on show here...

One factor that can't be underestimated is the difficulty of editing to music, especially when you're not directing the action (i.e. live events)

:th2thumbs: all-round!

...would have liked some coverage of the lightening, but hey, I'm super-picky :)

I work in sports television also, and I agree 100%, his camera work is some of the best I've seen. He's extremely talented.

I also agree about editing to music, which I personally love to do, but not all the time as it's such tedious work.

This dude has skills.

MrCarey

Reaction score
hawker84":1iiu397i said:
I like the music in his vids, to me it's better than the profanity filled rap songs.

THANK YOU. I like rap, and have nothing against it, but songs like this, or even explosions in the sky, really help the video so much more.

Thunderhawk

Reaction score
Incredible stuff. Thought the music was great. Fit the piece.

Anybody know the software and hardware required to make something like this?

taz291819

Reaction score
Thunderhawk":2ngl4g2d said:

Any of the standard NLE's (Premiere Pro, Avid, Vegas, or Final Cut) can easily do this. While the editing is time-consuming, getting that great of footage is the actual hard part.

toadie_uk

Reaction score
Thunderhawk":1wiwwufg said:

I'd estimate at around 4/5 pro grade DSLR cameras (with very talented operators) and whatever editing software they happen to use, AVID, Premier Pro and Final Cut Pro are all swings and roundabouts really

taz291819

Reaction score
Definitely using DSLR's, just do to the depth of field. I don't use them (use JVC GY-HM790's), but it works for this type of style.

Swedishhawkfan

Reaction score
Fantastic video, although i do feel it is way to much cheerleaders in it. Dont get me wrong, they look great and all yada yada yada, but I think the whole concept of cheerleaders is really corny ( people artificially cheering for others when they perform is kind of hard to take seriously imo).

This video is still amazing, but i would feel more comfortable sharing it with people if it was just a dramatic video showing the greatness of our cool team, and not constantly interrupted with slow mo cheerleaders. That part makes it feel more like the target group is 14 year olds.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Swedishhawkfan":y6bz6j1u said:
Fantastic video, although i do feel it is way to much cheerleaders in it. Dont get me wrong, they look great and all yada yada yada, but I think the whole concept of cheerleaders is really corny ( people artificially cheering for others when they perform is kind of hard to take seriously imo).

This video is still amazing, but i would feel more comfortable sharing it with people if it was just a dramatic video showing the greatness of our cool team, and not constantly interrupted with slow mo cheerleaders. That part makes it feel more like the target group is 14 year olds.

Dude my daughter would love to speak to you. And I would love to be a fly on the wall.

Swedishhawkfan

Reaction score
^^ I knew i probably asked for it with being to lazy to clarify: I don't mean the kind of sport cheerleading, where you toss eachother and build pyramids and stuff. I mean the one on the pro level where they just coordinate dance and wave pom poms. But dance is kinda a sport... gaaaah :D Cheerleading is fine i just think the video would have been even more epic'er with less of them

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Swedishhawkfan":3e8hbdfl said:

I actually do agree that it would have been even better if there was more football footage. But he may not have gotten worthy shots of the game in progress, either. (Probably because he was distracted by cheerleaders)