Seahawks vs Broncos was highest-rated 2014 NFL game to date

Jville

Reaction score
CBS Sports' Week 3 broadcast of the Super Bowl XLVIII rematch between the Seahawks and Broncos at Seattle's CenturyLink Field earned a preliminary national household rating/share of 15.8/30, making it the highest-rated NFL game to date in 2014 on any network, including primetime. The game, which was broadcast to 89 percent of the U.S., was seen by an average of 27.3 million viewers.
Link >>> [urltargetblank]http://www.seahawks.com/news/articles/article-1/Wednesday-Round-Up-Seahawks-vs-Broncos-was-highest-rated-2014-NFL-game-to-date/17f1749a-c412-48e2-a861-2fe965338931[/urltargetblank]

kidhawk

Reaction score
Saw that. 400,000 more people watched that game than watched our home opener vs. the Packers.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Probably because it wasn't an evening game. You west coasters have no idea what a pain it is to stay up to watch an evening game on EST. When you have to be to work in the morning it really does blow. I don't work anymore but when I used to I always came in to work the next morning tired and groggy from being up too late. I never got enough sleep on Sunday, Monday and Thursday evenings. Monday, Tuesday and Friday at work were always somewhat less productive for me because of it. So, those of you who cry about East Coast Bias can suck it! :sarcasm_on:

rideaducati

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":28dobi97 said:
Probably because it wasn't an evening game. You west coasters have no idea what a pain it is to stay up to watch an evening game on EST. When you have to be to work in the morning it really does blow. I don't work anymore but when I used to I always came in to work the next morning tired and groggy from being up too late. I never got enough sleep on Sunday, Monday and Thursday evenings. Monday, Tuesday and Friday at work were always somewhat less productive for me because of it. So, those of you who cry about East Coast Bias can suck it! :sarcasm_on:

Suck what exactly? Please include pictures. :D

253hawk

Reaction score
But that's only three games and most of the match ups are snoozers anyway -- and two of those are even more irrelevant if you don't get ESPN or NFLN. Try getting up at 10 AM every Sunday to watch anything not in the Pacific time zone, which make up at least 50% of the week's games before SNF, MNF or TNF are even factored in.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":qj6aqkwg said:
Yeah, because staying up to finish watching an NFL game at around 11:45pm is rough, lol. What, do you have to wake up at 4:30am or something?

OahuHawkFan

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":3ozd7ccx said:

Yeah, I can imagine that wouldn't be fun... Ofcourse, what also isn't fun is Monday "Night" Football starting at 2:30pm HST....

Other than those night games, I have to admit I rather enjoy the 7:30am HST "early game". Though, I'm still getting used to drinking my morning coffee during a football game...

reinelt12

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":2c05jxp3 said:

Try being in the UK and staying up to watch a late game until 5am, then starting work at 8...

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":9xw5oqzk said:
..........I don't work anymore.........
Lucky you. Retirement day is 4 years and 6 days away for me. Not that I'm counting or anything? :D

Do I get any sympathy staying up tomorrow night til about midnight cuz I'm going to see Elton John and then have to get up at 3:45 AM to go to work?

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":30paniyn said:
Seahwkgal":30paniyn said:
Lucky you. Retirement day is 4 years and 6 days away for me. Not that I'm counting or anything? :D

Do I get any sympathy staying up tomorrow night til about midnight cuz I'm going to see Elton John and then have to get up at 3:45 AM to go to work?

I am not retirement age yet. I am disabled and can't work anymore. So, I am not lucky at all. I suppose I should have clarified that point, I guess.
All I know is that when I used to work, it sure sucked not getting a full 8 hrs of sleep before work. I used to get up at 5am and be out the door by 5:30 to make it to work by 6am. I am not one of those people that can fall asleep immediately and especially after watching a game it was even worse. Oh, and god forbid it goes into OT.

I would much rather get up to watch a 10am game on Sunday. 10 am is NOT early to me.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
For watching the NFL, I love living on the west coast.

Used to live in the Central Time Zone... but now the Pacific... for the past 33 years.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":2ic023qi said:

Used to live in the Central Time Zone... but now the Pacific... for the past 33 years.

I agree...West Coast is awesome...just sleep in til 9 or so and wake up and get ready to watch the games.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
WilsonMVP":jvre6oux said:
onanygivensunday":jvre6oux said:

I agree...West Coast is awesome...just sleep in til 9 or so and wake up and get ready to watch the games.

If 9 am is sleeping in you're doing it wrong.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":3u1zppbu said:
hawksfansinceday1":3u1zppbu said:
Seahwkgal":3u1zppbu said:

I am not retirement age yet. I am disabled and can't work anymore. So, I am not lucky at all. I suppose I should have clarified that point, I guess.......
My apologies and sympathies. I probably should not have assumed you were retired.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":1c3kzbcv said:

What Seahawkgal is saying is the truth. The big problem isn't the adults so much as it is the kids. Most responsible parents are going to insist that there kids be in bed by 9 or 10pm on a school night and won't permit them to watch a full game that doesn't end until close to midnight. The NFL recognized this several years ago, as MNF used to not kickoff until 6:00pm, and have since cheated up a bit to 5:30, and it wouldn't surprise me if they cheated it up a little more some day.

It's for this reason that IMO the west coast colleges in men's basketball have fallen into an extreme disadvantage in recruiting, as weekday games out here tip off at 6:00-8:00 pm PST, or 9-11:00pm EST, meaning top recruits from the east coast are more likely to watch a North Carolina-Duke game that tips off just after supper than a contest like UCLA-Arizona that tips off 3 hours later when they should be in bed.

Back in my high school days, when UCLA ruled CBK, there was no ESPN and thus no televised weekday basketball games, so the east and left coasts were on equal footing as far as television exposure went.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":1u1gvzav said:
WilsonMVP":1u1gvzav said:
onanygivensunday":1u1gvzav said:

Well I usually have to wake up at 5am for work so....ya :D

bigskydoc

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":ijvmd33x said:
Yeah, because staying up to finish watching an NFL game at around 11:45pm is rough, lol. What, do you have to wake up at 4:30am or something?

Some of us do. That's what TiVo is for.

-bsd

minormillikin

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":1ck08p0u said:

Cry , cry....

You realize a majority of Sunday's games start at 10am on the west coast. At least on the east coast you can sleep in on weekends.

I guess we've all got it pretty bad, and should just find the nearest bridge to jump off of.

:thirishdrinkers:

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
LMAO! Since when is 10am early? I would KILL for games to start at that time of day on Sundays.
This what I miss about living out West. It rocked!

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
WilsonMVP":1pcqft6r said:
Zebulon Dak":1pcqft6r said:
WilsonMVP":1pcqft6r said:
onanygivensunday":1pcqft6r said:

Well I usually have to wake up at 5am for work so....ya :D

Haha I have to set an alarm to be up in time for the early games. Swing shift FTW!!