Seahawks trade pick #31 to... THE NINERS?!?

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
King Dog":3j4lqvdd said:
At the moment, I'm extremely pissed that we traded with the 49ers so they could draft Rueben Foster. You dummy Schneider. Stop trading back. We just end up cutting picks or they're scrubs anyway. Please. Just draft a few good players.

It's almost like you think good players don't exist in the next 2 rounds... which we have 6 picks in..

Uncle Si

Reaction score
brimsalabim":3edr07ht said:
Uncle Si":3edr07ht said:
King Dog":3edr07ht said:
At the moment, I'm extremely pissed that we traded with the 49ers so they could draft Rueben Foster. You dummy Schneider. Stop trading back. We just end up cutting picks or they're scrubs anyway. Please. Just draft a few good players.

Or use the picks to move up... which has been done before

I think the roster has a few 3rd, 4th and 5th rounders on it as well.. starters even
We have four starters on our oline that wouldn't start on any other team in the NFL so we should have taken the best OT when we had the chance. If there is one thing this staff has proved it's that it can't evaluate offensive linemen so when the whole NFL world is screaming the Hawks need to draft The Ramz kid Freakin go with it!

Real good chance that the Olineman they want is still out there.

The Ramz kid went 32... not sure anyone was screaming his name

ram350002

Reaction score
I don't post much but read a lot. Maybe I missing something but as I see it we moved back 8 spots (from 26 to 34) and in the process got an addition 3rd, 4th & a 7th round pick. We start day two with the second pick and have a total of 6 picks in the 2nd/3rd round. Where exactly is the downside? Sounds like robbery to me.

My guess, they turn all those 3rd rounders into a couple second round picks and we pick 4 times in the second round. Considering half the projected 1st rounders slip to the second......

Josea16

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":yr2cr45m said:
I hope Watt or McDowell, just to see the OL-obsessors melt down.
Hehe this place is pure entertainment usually and goes whack one special dates. Hey look it only took the Chiefs to draft what they actually need 34 years ago, yes Blackledge was bad but seriously they ACTUALLY drafted a real quarterback for the first time in 34 years instead of trading for has beens.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1u50zfcm said:
brimsalabim":1u50zfcm said:
Uncle Si":1u50zfcm said:
King Dog":1u50zfcm said:

I think the roster has a few 3rd, 4th and 5th rounders on it as well.. starters even
We have four starters on our oline that wouldn't start on any other team in the NFL so we should have taken the best OT when we had the chance. If there is one thing this staff has proved it's that it can't evaluate offensive linemen so when the whole NFL world is screaming the Hawks need to draft The Ramz kid Freakin go with it!

You are missing the point. Our staffs instincts on offensive linemen are always dead wrong.

mikeak

Reaction score
ram350002":rr19vyuv said:
I don't post much but read a lot. Maybe I missing something but as I see it we moved back 8 spots (from 26 to 34) and in the process got an addition 3rd, 4th & a 7th round pick. We start day two with the second pick and have a total of 6 picks in the 2nd/3rd round. Where exactly is the downside? Sounds like robbery to me.

My guess, they turn all those 3rd rounders into a couple second round picks and we pick 4 times in the second round. Considering half the projected 1st rounders slip to the second......

We have been using this strategy last few years and not gotten much out of it

Downside - talent level diminishes

Fifth year option is only there for first round picks

Uncle Si

Reaction score
brimsalabim":2yt3xyf2 said:
Uncle Si":2yt3xyf2 said:
brimsalabim":2yt3xyf2 said:
Uncle Si":2yt3xyf2 said:

You are missing the point. Our staffs instincts on offensive linemen are always dead wrong.

Not missing the point

What difference does it make then? Ramz is clearly as hit or miss as any of the other targets at this point in the draft. He went 32. Is he that obvious a miss? That solid a sure thing?

Come on..,

King Dog

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":3bfxx78i said:
King Dog":3bfxx78i said:

It's almost like you think good players don't exist in the next 2 rounds... which we have 6 picks in..

Well yeah. That's kind of how the draft works (with exceptions), the best talent usually goes towards the top of the draft.

Feel free to study our drafts the past few years.

ram350002

Reaction score
And what percentage of late 1st rounders stick around to get a second contact? How many at pick 26? is that really worth passing on the 3 additional picks, I doubt it.

nash72

Reaction score
brimsalabim":117bh9yl said:

This x's 1,000,000

brimsalabim

Reaction score
ram350002":37rqmow4 said:

The downside is Russell Wilson getting laid out because we passed on an offensive tackle capable of protecting his blind side.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
nash72":1p9mobth said:
brimsalabim":1p9mobth said:

This x's 1,000,000

Really awful draft logic 101.

chris98251

Reaction score
brimsalabim":3r0aznns said:
chris98251":3r0aznns said:
This says a couple things, they are not worried as much about the O line, second we have seen CB's and Safeties drop that would fill our depth concerns and should have some choices where we will pick tomorrow. I also expect another trade down maybe with our now top second rounder a few spots.
They weren't worried about the oline last year either and how'd that work out? QB and all running backs injured that's how! JS and Pete didn't learn anything from that mistake.

Just because they may be the best in this draft does not mean they are worth that kind of money say compared to last or the years before class, so if that is the case why pay a talent level more that has less talent or equal to what you have.

Also with the quality of depth at other positions in abundance that we need to fill, adding picks to take advantage of that makes more sense then over paying for just adequate ability.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":w1eag5ae said:
nash72":w1eag5ae said:
brimsalabim":w1eag5ae said:

This x's 1,000,000

You should consult your own avatar.

King Dog

Reaction score
"C.J. Prosise
Nick Vannett
Rees Odhiambo
Tyler Lockett
Terry Poole
Mark Glowinski
Cassius Marsh
Kevin Norwood
Kevin Pierre-Louis
Jordan Hill
Chris Harper

That's our 11 3rd and 4th round draft picks the last four years. Real super stellar group of guys there (Tyler Lockett excluded). Can't wait to add a whole bunch more of those names to the roster......."

Whooooooo. Can't wait :sarcasm_on:

TAB420

Reaction score
So, is it King or Lamp...who do we think the cheeseheads take?

Uncle Si

Reaction score
TAB420":jtx0k7qi said:
So, is it King or Lamp...who do we think the cheeseheads take?

Either would be solid

I know there's a lot of whining about OL but I'd like King

Josea16

Reaction score
mikeak":1jht5j74 said:
ram350002":1jht5j74 said:

We have been using this strategy last few years and not gotten much out of it

Downside - talent level diminishes

Fifth year option is only there for first round picks
Wrong. Criminally wrong in fact. We do just fine in the lower levels and JS flat said we were not impressed with bottom half of first round. We get the Chicago move, the KC quarterback move...yeah we probably get Forrest and King if we want. King is a virtual lock If Lamp is picked but I'm thinking they know Lamp will be available and if so I damned good with that.

nash72

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":3bq642zd said:
nash72":3bq642zd said:
brimsalabim":3bq642zd said:

This x's 1,000,000

Its terrible draft logic to pick the best player available to improve the teams biggest weakness? Do tell.