Seahawks trade down with denver in the 3rd round

jammerhawk

Reaction score
The team obviously felt there was not the value they believed appropriate at pick #83 so they moved back.

Getting future value is a bonus with the future 3rd rounder and they still have 6 picks to make.

Finding their guys who will make a difference will now get harder, but the draft is not even half over and there are still many good players left.

Lagartixa

Reaction score
So we have another year with an excuse to root against the donkeys? Count me in

I don't need an excuse to root against the Broncos and Raiders, because I'm old enough to remember the Seahawks' days in the AFC West.

On the other hand, I don't have anything against donkeys, so I don't call the Broncos that.

Lagartixa

Reaction score
We moved down 25 spots, and our reward is an additional 3rd round pick in 2024.

Almost seems fair. The saving grace... it helps some in cap space for this year.

By the Jimmy Johnson chart, which is a still-surprisingly-good estimate of how teams tend to value picks, the trade was about even. But by others like the Chase Stuart chart, which value picks by the average overall value obtained there (in the case of the Stuart chart and the updated ESPN draft-value calculator based on the same idea, it's by Sports-reference's Approximate Value), this trade is a significant win for the Seahawks.

It's a good move with no need for a cap-related "saving grace."

Rock_the_Hawk

Reaction score
The team obviously felt there was not the value they believed appropriate at pick #83 so they moved back.

Getting future value is a bonus with the future 3rd rounder and they still have 6 picks to make.

Finding their guys who will make a difference will now get harder, but the draft is not even half over and there are still many good players left.
It's funny I've heard the value of this trade all over the place. From we got ripped off to where Denver got ripped off to it was even. Depending on who you talk to and what chart is being used to the point where I just don't care any more... just saying... lol

seabowl

Reaction score
It's funny I've heard the value of this trade all over the place. From we got ripped off to where Denver got ripped off to it was even. Depending on who you talk to and what chart is being used to the point where I just don't care any more... just saying... lol
It makes absolutely no sense in any chart to say that the Seahawks got ripped off on this trade if they are basically getting the same round pick next year. On top of that they picked up an early fourth round pick for nothing.

Chuckwow

Reaction score
I have no real issue with this trade but to say Denver got brutalized is definitely a bit of a stretch.