Seahawks sign CJ Spiller

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Seafan":wi8b1mnb said:
Thepeelsessions":wi8b1mnb said:
ivotuk":wi8b1mnb said:
SeahawksFanForever":wi8b1mnb said:
Seahawks were using Collins as a 3rd down back. Spiller is an immediate upgrade. Solid move!

Not too sure about that. I think they need to give those snaps to AC. There's a reason why Spiller is available.
I endorse this message.

Luckily the Hawks make those decisions. There is a reason they signed him.

There was a reason they signed Lendale White and Kris Durham, too. Shall we just "Appeal to Authority" every call they make, or can we actually use this discussion board for discussion?

beasthawk

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":2jfobzau said:
beasthawk":2jfobzau said:
I have an odd feeling that Spiller will turn a new leaf here, beat out Michael and become rb 1.

I think he's more likely to be cut in a couple of weeks when Rawls and/or Prosise heal up but for now it's worth kicking the tires on

Just remember where you heard it first come week 7 :179422:

naholmes

Reaction score
beasthawk":2sbxkhh8 said:
I have an odd feeling that Spiller will turn a new leaf here, beat out Michael and become rb 1.
I highly doubt that. Spiller is interesting as a 3rd down back. At one time he had 4.3 speed and he's under 30 with only 700 carries so he still might be close to that. It seems like he hasn't been used correctly for many years or maybe he hasn't been putting in the effort. However, this is first time he's been on a winner that I can remember so maybe that can re-energize his competitive spirits.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
LeftHandSmoke":2i5jyz6i said:
RW takes a Q about CJS at around the 6:45 mark in his presser today
http://www.seahawks.com/video/2016/09/2 ... conference

It's hard to contemplate how many times I've been borderline-shocked at the courage and conviction with which RW speaks, you find yourself asking "Is this guy for real?" before realizing all over again how many times he has already proved it. This presser was another good example - tip of the cap to that man.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
beasthawk":1fwitfr5 said:
Hasselbeck":1fwitfr5 said:
beasthawk":1fwitfr5 said:

I think he's more likely to be cut in a couple of weeks when Rawls and/or Prosise heal up but for now it's worth kicking the tires on

Just remember where you heard it first come week 7 :179422:

Bingo.

Spiller is a dependable experienced 3rd down back, nothing more nothing less. Just tells you that Prosise's injury (and Rawls to an extent) is going to take longer than expected.

Hard to catch balls out of the backfield and pass pro with a cracked hand.

ACFan

Reaction score
Head scratching over all the AC hate / dismissals in this thread.

It's very early in his career, and he's already doing just fine as a back up, nothing wrong with what he did last week. running, blocking or catching. "solid" and "steady" is how CPC described him.

He'll get better with the opportunities he'll have coming up, just watch!

It's not that the zone blocking scheme isn't suited for his style, it's that he needs time to tweak his style to the zone blocking scheme. and he will.

6 carries so far? give it time.

He very well could be the 3rd down back for the remainder of the year, he could prove worthy of that before CJ Prosise even heals. I don't believe there is a better pass blocking back on the team, healthy or otherwise, and I believe he can prove to be nearly as an effective receiver as Prosise, or this new guy, all while having a 1st/2nd down RB body.

I also believe he is quite capable, or it's quite possible, AC is no worse than 2nd string RB the rest of the year.

He's 2nd string right, If he looks good to great over these next few games(and I believe he will) then it'll be up to someone else to show they are playing at an equal level.

And I don't see this new guy, Brooks, Rawls or Prosise doing that for the first half of the season at least.

AC's going to be healthy, he's going to be out there, and he's going to be getting better each week at learning how to run in this style of offense at NFL speed. just wait and see.

ACFan

Reaction score
they aren't bringing in these new guys trying to replace AC at 2nd string.

it's because they know Rawls and Prosise won't see the field for a long time, and they are scrambling for depth.

my opinion.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Who would have thunk a big Aaron Curry fan would know so much about Alex Collins too?

Jville

Reaction score
C.J. Spiller Week 4 Press Conference >>> [urltargetblank]http://www.seahawks.com/video/2016/09/29/cj-spiller-week-4-press-conference[/urltargetblank]

JesterHawk

Reaction score
ACFan":s55uo2zu said:

it's because they know Rawls and Prosise won't see the field for a long time, and they are scrambling for depth.

my opinion.

Hi Alex. Nice of you to visit .NET.

This if by "this new guy" you're referring to CJ Spiller, he's been in the league for awhile. LOL.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
JesterHawk":1agsvdjx said:
ACFan":1agsvdjx said:

my opinion.

This if by "this new guy" you're referring to CJ Spiller, he's been in the league for awhile. LOL.
I am one of those who are still plenty willing to give AC a good chance.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
LeftHandSmoke":3al6nwqt said:
JesterHawk":3al6nwqt said:
ACFan":3al6nwqt said:

my opinion.

Pete will continue to give Collins a couple series a game to spell C-Mike. But it's apples and oranges, Collins isn't a 3rd down back.

So signing Spiller doesn't mean Collins is benched, just means Prosise is going to be out a while and we need a reliable 3rd down back that can go out into formation, catch balls out of the backfield and pass pro. Collins is none of these things.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":25tav4ff said:
LeftHandSmoke":25tav4ff said:
JesterHawk":25tav4ff said:
ACFan":25tav4ff said:

my opinion.

Pete will continue to give Collins a couple series a game to spell C-Mike. But it's apples and oranges, Collins isn't a 3rd down back.

So signing Spiller doesn't mean Collins is benched, just means Prosise is going to be out a while and we need a reliable 3rd down back that can go out into formation, catch balls out of the backfield and pass pro. Collins is none of these things.
Bingo, they will likely keep AC in the role they have him pegged for and already playing in, with CJS doing more a 3rd down role - although CJS sounded a little doubtful he will get action as soon as Sunday.

King Dog

Reaction score
Trying to get a gauge on how Spiller has looked recently and saw this on a Saints board. Sounds like he's got some gas in the tank.

"Dont kid yourself. Spiller looked crazy fast in pre-season. One of the only bright spots...They played him like crazy which at the time I thought was to see if he was going to get injured...but later learned it was to try to trade him. I'm pretty sure it was something off field that caused him to leave and its going to bite us in the butt...as usual. I look for a great game from him"

A

Anonymous

King Dog":1bj0ax2v said:
Trying to get a gauge on how Spiller has looked recently and saw this on a Saints board. Sounds like he's got some gas in the tank.

"Dont kid yourself. Spiller looked crazy fast in pre-season. One of the only bright spots...They played him like crazy which at the time I thought was to see if he was going to get injured...but later learned it was to try to trade him. I'm pretty sure it was something off field that caused him to leave and its going to bite us in the butt...as usual. I look for a great game from him"

Sounds like a Percy vibe.

ivotuk

Reaction score
King Dog":23ulotvb said:

I predict he will be injured and out by his 3rd game. And once again, dependable Alex Collins will come in and do his job flawlessly.

I think maybe Pete is hoping to catch a little of the old Spiller magic, but after so many injuries, I don't think he has much left. Hope I'm wrong. But him going up against this Jets DLine will tell us a lot.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
#28 is not in the ring of honor??That's just wrong..

chet380

Reaction score
CJ seems to have a little Harvin in his game -- Bring on the bubble screens and have the haters go apesh*t!

Latest posts