Seahawks rookie sensation Tariq Woolen, NFC Defensive Player of the Week

ivotuk

Reaction score

Woolen recovered a Kyler Murray fumble (forced by fellow rookie Coby Bryant) in the 3rd quarter, his second fumble recovery in as many weeks, then all but clinched the victory with a 4th quarter interception on a throw intended for Marquise Brown. After just three interceptions from all Seahawks cornerbacks last season, Woolen has managed four by himself over the past four weeks.

The fifth-round pick out of UTSA was, much like Richard Sherman, a former wide receiver who converted to corner. Safe to say that move has paid off and he is certainly one of the top contenders to win Defensive Rookie of the Ye

White Devil

Reaction score
Special talent. That speed is like PrimeTime. He just glides beside people and it's fun to watch. This is the stuff I was hoping to see this year, some gems.

LeveeBreak

Reaction score
Nice to see the pre-season hype come to fruition. Unfortunately that has more often fizzled in the regular season.

TW, Abe, Cross, Coby, K9, Mafe...all contributing as legit unit players. I kinda get the 2012 feeling...I know, don't jinx it...but just maybe...

evergreen

Reaction score
It does feel like 2011 except like 2012 we have our qb.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Best draft class in 10 years, at least so far. Woolen still has some things to work on, like cleaning up some penalties, but if he can master some of the finer points of playing cornerback, with his speed, he can become that shutdown corner that we haven't had since Sherman left.

toffee

Reaction score
Woolen is a 3 inches taller, 6 lbs heavier, and 0.03 second faster than Deion Sanders.

Last edited: