Seahawks rookie Chris Carson nearing a return

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
hawker84":hbsgf8cz said:
MontanaHawk05":hbsgf8cz said:
SpokaneHawks":hbsgf8cz said:
Two things come to mind. First of all, how often has Pete been right when he says a player is nearly there? and secondly, does anybody feel like we should keep giving Davis the chance to settle in and bringing Carson back if he's not fully healed could only derail everything?

Davis isn't Carson. He's a nice, sparky gadget guy, but not the workhorse we need for a deep playoff run. His ceiling is probably Thomas Rawls.

I've never seen Rawls break ankles like I watched Davis do last night. I think the kid is special, way better vision than Rawls. I personally would love to see him share time with Carson, let them compete for the job.

He still hasn't put up the numbers Rawls has. Neither has Carson, for that matter.

They're different types of backs.

Seymour

Reaction score
massari":uyuk7d0o said:
Are there pretty good odds on if he'll look the same so soon after a broken ankle?

It wasn't a broken ankle. It was a high ankle sprain, and a leg fracture just below the knee. The high ankle sprain would be the slower of the 2 to heal (he had ligament surgery on it).

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
I didn't realize Carson was averaging 4.2 YPC, at the beginning of the year no less, when our line was even worse.

Even 4 YPC from our run game (not counting Wilson) would drastically improve this offense, take pressure off Wilson, and help rest the defense.

I just hope we don't knock ourselves out of contention before then. Hang on just a little longer, boys! The cavalry's coming!

mikeak

Reaction score
He was playing really well and is a really good RB

I just really hope that the coaching staff makes him fit into the system and type of football we are playing today

Instead of going back to what wasn't working at the beginning of the season which is a run, run, run team

chris98251

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":302ijnb7 said:
hawker84":302ijnb7 said:
MontanaHawk05":302ijnb7 said:
SpokaneHawks":302ijnb7 said:
Two things come to mind. First of all, how often has Pete been right when he says a player is nearly there? and secondly, does anybody feel like we should keep giving Davis the chance to settle in and bringing Carson back if he's not fully healed could only derail everything?

Davis isn't Carson. He's a nice, sparky gadget guy, but not the workhorse we need for a deep playoff run. His ceiling is probably Thomas Rawls.

I've never seen Rawls break ankles like I watched Davis do last night. I think the kid is special, way better vision than Rawls. I personally would love to see him share time with Carson, let them compete for the job.

He still hasn't put up the numbers Rawls has. Neither has Carson, for that matter.

They're different types of backs.

That would require having the same opportunities, earlier in the season he would have been fed more, now were in a win now mode and the run is more complimentary and our line is worse then when Rawls came out, they were clicking with Reese as a FB and Rawls running, as I see it right now we have no FB on the roster and have not been running out of the I formation. Rawls really was excelling there.