Seahawks Release 2 Sign 2

Jville

Reaction score
hawknation2014":8sr54aql said:
Jville":8sr54aql said:
I was expecting Kenneth Boatwright to step up and compete in 2014. They gave Boatwright a $12,500 signing bonus last year. Neither he nor John Lotulelei made Seattle's roster as undrafted rookie free agents.

Boatwright had plenty of time to prepare for the 2014 competition. I'm surprised by such an early release. I do not expect him back in Seattle. It appears there are indeed plenty of other options.

The coaches must like what they have seen from Mayowa, Schofield, Marsh, and Jeffcoat. Another one or two of these guys will likely not make the cut. Schofield gives them some versatility because of his ability to play SLB and special teams. Also, Marsh is seen as more of an interior player.

My understanding was that they were toying with the idea of moving a bigger (165lb) Boatwright inside for a look in a rush sub package. Another option was to move him over to the strong side as an end in a rush sub package. Cassius Marsh is going to get that inside look. And on the outside, there are plenty of options.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Jville":1k3vt738 said:
hawknation2014":1k3vt738 said:
Jville":1k3vt738 said:
I was expecting Kenneth Boatwright to step up and compete in 2014. They gave Boatwright a $12,500 signing bonus last year. Neither he nor John Lotulelei made Seattle's roster as undrafted rookie free agents.

Boatwright had plenty of time to prepare for the 2014 competition. I'm surprised by such an early release. I do not expect him back in Seattle. It appears there are indeed plenty of other options.

The coaches must like what they have seen from Mayowa, Schofield, Marsh, and Jeffcoat. Another one or two of these guys will likely not make the cut. Schofield gives them some versatility because of his ability to play SLB and special teams. Also, Marsh is seen as more of an interior player.

My understanding was that they were toying with the idea of moving a bigger (165lb) Boatwright inside for a look in a rush sub package. Another option was to move him over to the strong side as an end in a rush sub package. Cassius Marsh is going to get that inside look. And on the outside, there are plenty of options.

Boatwright has always looked pretty thin to me. His most recent roster weight is 254 lbs, which is about the same as Mayowa (252), Jeffcoat (253), or Marsh (254). It will probably be easier to put weight on Marsh, who was previously a 300 pounder.

The Outfield

Reaction score
Sad to see Keith go, but he didn't have much of a chance of making this team other than as a backup's backup, so this is probably better for him.

Jville

Reaction score
hawknation2014":2h5jo60o said:
Jville":2h5jo60o said:
hawknation2014":2h5jo60o said:
Jville":2h5jo60o said:

Boatwright has always looked pretty thin to me. His most recent roster weight is 254 lbs, which is about the same as Mayowa (252), Jeffcoat (253), or Marsh (254). It will probably be easier to put weight on Marsh, who was previously a 300 pounder.

The 165lb (should read 265lb) number is one of those off season numbers. I think he achieved that weight but have no idea how he moved or whether he was able to maintain it. By the way, I believe the target playing weight for Cassius to play inside is 170lbs ( should have read 270lbs).

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Jville":29hpt4fu said:
hawknation2014":29hpt4fu said:
Jville":29hpt4fu said:
hawknation2014":29hpt4fu said:

The 165lb number is one of those off season numbers. I think he may have achieved that weight but have no idea how he moved or whether he was able to maintain it. By the way, I believe the target playing weight for Cassius to play inside is 170lbs.

Anxious to see what they do with Jeffcoat. He comes in at 6'5, 253 lbs with freakish athleticism and pass rushing abilities. He could be a great player is he gets into the 270 lbs range while maintaining his speed and agility. Undrafed free agents are an easy cut when a new rookie comes in who is even better.

Yesterday's article from seahawks.com about Jeffcoat: http://www.seahawks.com/news/articles/a ... 811d0da265

bigtrain21

Reaction score
Jville":11jyde4a said:
The 165lb number is one of those off season numbers. I think he achieved that weight but have no idea how he moved or whether he was able to maintain it. By the way, I believe the target playing weight for Cassius to play inside is 170lbs.

If he is 165 lb's, I am gonna be pissed.

Jville

Reaction score
hawknation2014":1n7g52tr said:
Jville":1n7g52tr said:
hawknation2014":1n7g52tr said:
Jville":1n7g52tr said:

The 265lb number is one of those off season numbers. I think he may have achieved that weight but have no idea how he moved or whether he was able to maintain it. By the way, I believe the target playing weight for Cassius to play inside is 270lbs.

Anxious to see what they do with Jeffcoat. He comes in at 6'5, 253 lbs with freakish athleticism and pass rushing abilities. He could be a great player is he gets into the 270 lbs range while maintaining his speed and agility. Undrafed free agents are an easy cut when a new rookie comes in who is even better.

Yesterday's article from seahawks.com about Jeffcoat: http://www.seahawks.com/news/articles/a ... 811d0da265

I think they drafted Cassius with a plan in mind. But as a rookie free agent, Jeffcoat is someone they are still in the process of getting familiar with. Perhaps they will have a little better idea toward the end of the week.

Edited: Corrected weights.

Jville

Reaction score
bigtrain21":3ay3owhx said:
Jville":3ay3owhx said:
The 165lb number is one of those off season numbers. I think he achieved that weight but have no idea how he moved or whether he was able to maintain it. By the way, I believe the target playing weight for Cassius to play inside is 170lbs.

If he is 165 lb's, I am gonna be pissed.

Thanks for the heads up :th2thumbs:

I don't know where the 100 lbs went for either of those weights. Although, I've been eating a lot of salads lately along with fruits and vegetables. I'm shedding a lot of weight. Nothing approaching that of Tom Cable. What Cable has done is remarkable.

seanutz

Reaction score
hawknation2014":29xjw05a said:
Releasing Price was the respectful thing to do. This gives Price enough time to learn a new system to make a team or practice squad. He had no chance of that in Seattle, which already has its starter and backup on guaranteed money, plus a more experienced developmental prospect in B.J. Daniels and a wildcard athlete in Pryor. Daniels and Pryor will be battling in camp for that third spot.
:13: :13:

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Boatright was reportedly up around 275 in late winter/early spring to try and get one of those inside pass rusher roles. As we should know, these players may be back more than once even in the same season even if just on the practice squad. Price might get picked up by another team and if he does he might stick.

Our Man in Chicago

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":3vfrw33p said:
Our Man in Chicago":3vfrw33p said:
R.I.P. THE FIVE-QB DREAM ROSTER

It would appear that many who post here live in a "dream world". Estimating talent is not one of our strong points.

Guys, hear me out on this: Keith Price AT FULLBACK. You'd put him in the 53 just for that one play late in the season against the Raiders where you'd line him up in the Pro Set, watch him get blasted on a gain of one (because Marshawn), and then cut him the next week. None of the pundits would notice except for joetheragman.blogspot.com, who no one cares about.

But it'd be a DEEP troll move for dudes who know. It'd be one step above running a 52-man just because you can.

Latest posts