Seahawks RB Corps ranked #2

bestfightstory

Reaction score
Christine Michael is the sexy new kid in town with top-end potential that is tantalizing, but I have a hunch Turbin feels the squeeze between Marshawn and the newcomer and turns his opportunities into valuable contributions this year.

OP
OP
F

Fanatic24

Reaction score
bestfightstory":ljqp8ogk said:
Christine Michael is the sexy new kid in town with top-end potential that is tantalizing, but I have a hunch Turbin feels the squeeze between Marshawn and the newcomer and turns his opportunities into valuable contributions this year.

As they say, competition brings out the best in everyone. Looking forward to seeing it unfold in the preseason.

sc85sis

Reaction score
They didn't mention our newly-drafted FB/RB, Spencer Ware or Percy Harvin, who will likely also get some looks at RB.

Johnny

Reaction score
Turb showed the ability to be a very dangerous weapon out of the backfield last year and his impact will be felt this year. I really liked the receiving threat he was out of the backfield last year he caught 19 balls and half of those went for first downs.

I didn't know anything about Michael coming into the draft, but the more I learn about this kid the more I like..

OP
OP
F

Fanatic24

Reaction score
sc85sis":2x5scv76 said:
They didn't mention our newly-drafted FB/RB, Spencer Ware or Percy Harvin, who will likely also get some looks at RB.

Good points, Harvin surely adds something to the running game, just another weapon!!! :lol:

EastCoastHawksFan

Reaction score
That list is absolutely shot.

If it don't Include ADRIAN PETERSON then I assume its a nobody just writing articles. I understand its runningback "CORPS" but still , im sure 30 teams would trade their group of RB's for the Vikings RB's anyday ALL DAY.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
sc85sis":3eyxoaid said:

I doubt Ware gets many carries at all, if he even makes the active roster...and Harvin is still a WR first and foremost, so the discussion about RB corps doesn't include him.

Alas, I think Turbin is also going to have a big year.

Erebus

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":pzry0f6g said:
sc85sis":pzry0f6g said:

I doubt Ware gets many carries at all, if he even makes the active roster...and Harvin is still a WR first and foremost, so the discussion about RB corps doesn't include him.

What's wrong with him having a big year?

Cartire

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":hyg7anuv said:
sc85sis":hyg7anuv said:

But they specifically mention Kaep and Wilson as a bonus to the running Corps. So I would have to assume in the same merit that Harvin is at least considered a bonus.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Erebus":1ia2kzpu said:
FlyingGreg":1ia2kzpu said:
sc85sis":1ia2kzpu said:

:34853_doh:

Who said there is anything wrong with it...? Drinking already?

:thirishdrinkers:

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Cartire":39m0vf9u said:
FlyingGreg":39m0vf9u said:
sc85sis":39m0vf9u said:

But they specifically mention Kaep and Wilson as a bonus to the running Corps. So I would have to assume in the same merit that Harvin is at least considered a bonus.

Kaep and Wilson are "running" QB's. They will have many more carries than Harvin.

Harvin is a WR that will occasionally line-up in the backfield. That doesn't make him a RB. In fact, I think the fan base in general is over-estimating how much Harvin will be in backfield. I think they will be using him much more often in formation shifts and motion to keep the defense guessing, more so than just sticking him in the backfield as a novelty.

Erebus

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":1sicojyw said:
Erebus":1sicojyw said:
FlyingGreg":1sicojyw said:
sc85sis said:

:34853_doh:

Who said there is anything wrong with it...? Drinking already?

:thirishdrinkers:

Alas is an expression of misfortune. Wasn't sure if you misused it or it was a typo, or you really didn't want him having a big year.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I can't argue with that list, though they're obviously looking at offensive lines and not just running backs. However, that's the way it should be. Offensive lines are hugely important to the run game. More than most people realize.

Cartire

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":59svxnr7 said:
Cartire":59svxnr7 said:
Kaep and Wilson are "running" QB's. They will have many more carries than Harvin.

Harvin is a WR that will occasionally line-up in the backfield. That doesn't make him a RB. In fact, I think the fan base in general is over-estimating how much Harvin will be in backfield. I think they will be using him much more often in formation shifts and motion to keep the defense guessing, more so than just sticking him in the backfield as a novelty.

Harvin had 52 carries in 2011 and 22 carries for half a season in 2012. He had a 6.6 ypc in 2011 and 4.4 in 2012. Throw in a couple TD's from teh RB position as well. I dont consider that a novelty by any sense of the word.

I dont know if they will use him the same way here, but his ability to run out of the backfield is concrete and should be heavily considered when ranking RB Corps.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Erebus":3l513hdp said:
Alas is an expression of misfortune. Wasn't sure if you misused it or it was a typo, or you really didn't want him having a big year.

More succinctly, its an expression of apprehension. In order for Turbin to have a "big year", that would probably mean less Beast Mode. I'm worried a little about Marshawn missing some time this season...

Nice to have someone like Turbin in place to fill in, as needed.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Cartire":2mqw7n7t said:
FlyingGreg":2mqw7n7t said:
Cartire":2mqw7n7t said:

Harvin had 52 carries in 2011 and 22 carries for half a season in 2012. He had a 6.6 ypc in 2011 and 4.4 in 2012. Throw in a couple TD's from teh RB position as well. I dont consider that a novelty by any sense of the word.

I dont know if they will use him the same way here, but his ability to run out of the backfield is concrete and should be heavily considered when ranking RB Corps.

He had 52 carries in 2011 and 22 carries for half a season in MINNESOTA. He and AP are all the Vikings had as far as offense goes. You can't extrapolate what he did in Minnesota and say "he'll do that here". We run a different offense and I don't think you will see him used exactly like he was in Minnesota.

Wilson, Lynch, Harvin, Rice, Tate, Miller, Baldwin, Turbin, Michael . . . only so many snaps and a lot more weaponry than the Vikings had.

There are no other WRs on that list either, because it's a list about running back corps (with concessions given to those who also have running QB's). The title of the piece is TOP 5 NFL RUNNING BACK CORPS, not who has the best running game as a whole - which I would agree should include a player like Harvin.

Be happy we are ranked #2!

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
He was probably replying to his wifey Alice who thinks Turbin will likely have a sophmore slump.