Seahawks official schedule out on .com

SeatownJay

Reaction score
renofox":kyf86x8g said:
Thursday night opener + Thursday night (Thanksgiving) @ SF.

I could have sworn I heard the NFL promise that no team would have to play 2 Thursday night games in one season?
Dallas has to to play back-to-back Thursday games.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
renofox":3hqdap2y said:
Thursday night opener + Thursday night (Thanksgiving) @ SF.

I could have sworn I heard the NFL promise that no team would have to play 2 Thursday night games in one season?

The two kickoff teams play 2 Thursday games because a Week 1 Thursday game is not the same as playing on a short week.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Speaking as a season ticket holder and not even factoring in difficulty or any of that, this schedule is a crap slap in the face to the SB champs and thier fans.

colts have FIVE prime time games. FIVE.

I was so ready to be excited about these games but this is a huge let down. I expected no less than prime time games against Denver and SF.

again this has nothing to do with difficulty and wins or losses. This is just an uninspired schedule for the Superbowl champions.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
hawknation2014":1d8tucqd said:
It's not so much about last year's results as it is about a cogent evaluation of acquired and developed talent.

KC, SF, ARI, and STL all return promising defensive talent . . . could injuries decimate these teams in a similar way they decimated Houston last year? Of course, but you can't count on lightning to strike in that way.

Wait until the end of the season before discussing the strength of the schedule? Nah, that would be pretty boring. The schedule release is unfortunately one of the more exciting things to happen during the off-season.

Again... every year this happens.

Last year on paper our schedule looked like a blood bath. It was one of the softest in the league.

Happens. Every. Year.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Hawknballs":mj38hqc9 said:
Speaking as a season ticket holder and not even factoring in difficulty or any of that, this schedule is a crap slap in the face to the SB champs and thier fans.

colts have FIVE prime time games. FIVE.

I was so ready to be excited about these games but this is a huge let down. I expected no less than prime time games against Denver and SF.

again this has nothing to do with difficulty and wins or losses. This is just an uninspired schedule for the Superbowl champions.

Legit gripe. And I agree.

But when you look at their schedule, you notice they are the national game of the week against:

v. Denver
v. Dallas
v. San Francisco
v. NY Giants
at Philly

So that means two things..

1) FOX really wanted to jump on our match-ups. Be prepared for a lot of Joe Buck in 2014.

2) There is a very good chance one of these games gets flexed to prime-time (Dallas the most likely at this point, and that SNF match-up now is NYG-PHI).

253hawk

Reaction score
5 of the 6 divisional games all in the last 6 weeks of the season? Brutal. NFC West is going to be going into the playoffs tired and bruised.

Smellyman

Reaction score
kf3339":uldh3vjo said:
Personally I don't see a major problem with the schedule. Other than the early bye week it seems rather favorable to me.

Schedule analysis is overblown

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":3o8dh6zf said:
Again... every year this happens.

Last year on paper our schedule looked like a blood bath. It was one of the softest in the league.

Happens. Every. Year.

Seahawks had the 10th toughest schedule last year, as determined by objective winning percentage of their opponents (.516). That's hardly soft, by any measure. When you then consider the fact that they played in by far the toughest division in football with arguably the second most talented team in the league, and that strong defensive teams like ARI and STL were kept out of the playoffs for that reason, it has to be considered one of the more challenging schedules in the league in 2013.

This 2014 schedule is MUCH more difficult on paper. Of course, football isn't played on paper. Go Hawks!!

BlueThunder

Reaction score
I hate the early bye week, and it seems that over most of our history that has been the case. Last year was perfect... Late season to get guys healthy for the stretch run, and now we won't have that. Burns me up, but I'll stop short of calling it "The NFL trying to screw us over". I do believe though, that overall, the NFL would like the Seahawks run to be short. I'll stop there.

Smellyman

Reaction score
hawknation2014":2mi1iof9 said:
Missing_Clink":2mi1iof9 said:
Wow, they play in San Fran on a Thursday 4 days after playing the Cardinals? Thanks NFL

I don't know if this has been mentioned already, but the 49ers get soft games before and after playing us.

Redskins (gimme)
Seahawks
@Raiders (gimme)
@Seahawks
Chargers (gimme)

No such thing as a gimme

Brahn

Reaction score
Smellyman":2fgaz5sx said:
kf3339":2fgaz5sx said:
Personally I don't see a major problem with the schedule. Other than the early bye week it seems rather favorable to me.

Schedule analysis is overblown

No joke, a wise man once said

"You play the teams they put on the schedule". or something to that effect.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Every time I look over the schedule again, I just kinda shake my head. We have a very very tough schedule.

duckypoo

Reaction score
The early bye combined with that brutal final 6 is going to make this season very entertaining. I'm really not happy about the 4 day turn around between Arizona (rough defense) and then @49ers. Yikes, hope the equipment guys make extra ice for the players that week.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Lots of people complaining about the back to back 10 am games at STL and CAR.

STL isn't even EST, it's Central isn't it ? So that's not nearly as bad, and it's not as far as going all the way to the East Coast.

Geographically and time zone-wise, this schedule looks easier than last year to be honest.

The last 1/3 of the season looks really rough but a few bright points:

SF twice in three weeks....let's not forget, like the Hawks have been saying "they have to deal with US". The last few times we've played, they've ended up on the short end of the injury stick. We play them, then they have to come play us. The bad part of that is that we have to go all the way to Philly in between that. The good news is that we're going to get some extra rest between SF and PHI.

Niners, Cards, Rams....5 of the last 6 games. Looks like the NFCW won't be decided until the very end again.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Ziggyy108":3jkrgq07 said:
Whiners have a tough schedule too. Especially early on. Then they play us twice later in the season.

They could really struggle early depending on Aldon's suspension and how strong of draft they pull off.

49ers first 10 games

@ Dallas
Bears
@ Cardinals
Eagles
Chiefs
@ Rams
@ Broncos
BYE
Rams
@ Saints
@ Giants
Ya I wouldnt be suprised if the 49ers started 1-3

Fuzzman55

Reaction score
Didn't see this posted:

2014 NFL strength of schedule By ESPN.com staff
1 Oakland Raiders
.578 2 Denver Broncos
.570 3 St. Louis Rams
.564 4 San Diego Chargers
.563 4 San Francisco 49ers
.563 6 Seattle Seahawks
.561 7 Kansas City Chiefs
.559 8 Arizona Cardinals
.547 9 New York Jets
.520 10 New England Patriots
.516 11 Atlanta Falcons
.512 12 Miami Dolphins
.508 13 Green Bay Packers
.504 14 Buffalo Bills
.500 15 Chicago Bears
.496 16 Detroit Lions
.492 17 Washington Redskins
.490 18 Dallas Cowboys
.488 19 Tampa Bay Buccaneers
.484 20 Philadelphia Eagles
.479 21 Minnesota Vikings
.477 22 Carolina Panthers
.473 23 Cincinnati Bengals
.469 23 New Orleans Saints
.469 23 Pittsburgh Steelers
.469 26 Cleveland Browns
.465 26 New York Giants
.465 28 Baltimore Ravens
.461 29 Jacksonville Jaguars
.453 30 Houston Texans
.441 31 Tennessee Titans
.438 32 Indianapolis Colts .430

The Colts and the rest of the AFC South deserve each other.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Fuzzman55":2kd9jwfj said:
The Colts and the rest of the AFC South deserve each other.
I'm pissed, actually. The Colts will coast to a division title again, facing a bunch of inept chumps and the Luck knob-slobbering will continue.

Hey Colts fans, keep your mouths shut until Luck at least gets to the AFCCG and plays well in it.

Also, the only reason you guys "beat" the Chiefs in the playoffs was because of the ABSURD number of injuries they suffered in that game.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
The Denver Broncos, Dallas Cowboys, Green Bay Packers and Philadelphia Eagles all host three prime-time games in 2014. Fifteen more teams host two prime-time games. The defending champion Seahawks only get one at home.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Hawknballs":13i2nx9d said:
The Denver Broncos, Dallas Cowboys, Green Bay Packers and Philadelphia Eagles all host three prime-time games in 2014. Fifteen more teams host two prime-time games. The defending champion Seahawks only get one at home.
Those teams also share another common trait; they're losing to Seattle this year.