Seahawks official schedule out on .com

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Jac":19leu5xq said:
Recon_Hawk":19leu5xq said:
Seahawks have as good a chance as any other team in the NFC of claiming the #1 spot, but wow look at the Bronco's 2nd half season schedule:

Starting week 10
@Oak
@STL
Mia
@KC
Buf
@SD
@Cin
Oak

Gawd the AFC is soft. Denver Manning's are gifted a 1 seed bye.

That's a double-edged sword because they're not going to be battle-hardened going into the playoffs or SB.

But that could also mean fewer injuries. That schedule does look suspiciously favorable for the Broncos and their chances to get Manning another Super Bowl before he retires.

Jay-Dog

Reaction score
I like this schedule! We clear a path for 8-0 to mid season and then beat the crap out of our division and become battle ready for the playoffs. Kid gloves come off. Time to start saving for the road games. Yes!

"We got some dogs" - ML

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Wow, they play in San Fran on a Thursday 4 days after playing the Cardinals? Thanks NFL

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":31bp7tn5 said:
Wow, they play in San Fran on a Thursday 4 days after playing the Cardinals? Thanks NFL

I don't know if this has been mentioned already, but the 49ers get soft games before and after playing us.

Redskins (gimme)
Seahawks
@Raiders (gimme)
@Seahawks
Chargers (gimme)

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Recon_Hawk":14yphuyt said:
Seahawks have as good a chance as any other team in the NFC of claiming the #1 spot, but wow look at the Bronco's 2nd half season schedule:

Starting week 10
@Oak
@STL
Mia
@KC
Buf
@SD
@Cin
Oak

Gawd the AFC is soft. Denver Manning's are gifted a 1 seed bye.
Good, another asskicking coming for them in the Super Bowl compliments of Seattle. Old 5-head has zero answers for Seattle's defense.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Not the easiest or sexiest schedule we could have drummed up but, meh. We are the gawdamn Super Bowl Champions.

One week at a time, we all we got we all we need, never sleep, sep is in the prep, LOB, etc, etc, etc...
One week at a time, we all we got we all we need, never sleep, sep is in the prep, LOB, etc, etc, etc...

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Yup...SF has no chance...we will win. They have to beat us up 2 out of 3 weeks. One game at a time.

And Largent80...I am working on my schedule at this time. And will be emailing a friend in that area to see about tix too. He is a SD fan tho.

:thfight7:

bigwrm

Reaction score
Why are people complaining that the back half of the schedule is more difficult than the beginning? How does it make a difference when we play our tough games? Games at the beginning of the season count just as much as the ones at the end. The one thing I wish was different would be to have the division games more spread out. I know the NFL is trying to make sure the division races don't get settled until late in the season, but I think it gets monotonous playing the same teams every couple of weeks.

VivaEfrenHerrera

Reaction score
Eh. I guess I'm in the "This sucks and it's almost like they went out of their way to make it crappy for the Hawks" camp. Useless early bye? Check. Imbalanced home-and-away games in prime time? Check. More 10 a.m. games than the big division rival? Check.

And the weird back-loading of division games is just dumb, as is playing the Niners twice in quick succession late in the year. Just inane.

Is every fanbase talking the same way about this? Or is this just an extra special turd, South Alaska style? :roll:

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
I crack up at all those foreshadowing all these games based on last years results.

Guys I guarantee at least 4 of the teams on our schedule that look tough today, will not be tough in 2014. Happens every year.

Lets just calm down and wait for the games to play themselves out.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":36l5dmfl said:
I crack up at all those foreshadowing all these games based on last years results.

Guys I guarantee at least 4 of the teams on our schedule that look tough today, will not be tough in 2014. Happens every year.

Lets just calm down and wait for the games to play themselves out.

It's not so much about last year's results as it is about a cogent evaluation of acquired and developed talent.

KC, SF, ARI, and STL all return promising defensive talent . . . could injuries decimate these teams in a similar way they decimated Houston last year? Of course, but you can't count on lightning to strike in that way.

Wait until the end of the season before discussing the strength of the schedule? Nah, that would be pretty boring. The schedule release is unfortunately one of the more exciting things to happen during the off-season.

renofox

Reaction score
Thursday night opener + Thursday night (Thanksgiving) @ SF.

I could have sworn I heard the NFL promise that no team would have to play 2 Thursday night games in one season?

Ziggyy108

Reaction score
Its kinda messed up.

The dude that makes the schedule is from the Pacific North West ..... You'd think he'd try and hook us up!!!!!!!!

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
renofox":31mab3q8 said:
Thursday night opener + Thursday night (Thanksgiving) @ SF.

I could have sworn I heard the NFL promise that no team would have to play 2 Thursday night games in one season?
I believe the Super Bowl champion team will always be an exception to that.

Ziggyy108

Reaction score
One thing is for sure. There is a lot of work to be done on the O-Line