Seahawks need to trade up

KinesProf

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":32p6l68o said:
KinesProf":32p6l68o said:
Lockett had 9 receptions for 136 yards and a td on January 12th. That was as late into the season as possible. Wtf are you talking about?

Here's the trade value chart , what are you willing to give up in order to move into the top 20? https://www.pro-football-reference.com/ ... _value.htm
You know I did say week 10-14 he was hurt right?

Yes, football players often get hurt during the course of the season. Many of those don't manage to play a full 16 though.
And even fewer manage to return to play the way he did in the playoffs.

If your expectation is for football players to not be hurt come December and January then you really don't understand what's going on out there.

KinesProf

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":3rtqqgnp said:
KinesProf":3rtqqgnp said:
Lockett had 9 receptions for 136 yards and a td on January 12th. That was as late into the season as possible. Wtf are you talking about?

Here's the trade value chart , what are you willing to give up in order to move into the top 20? https://www.pro-football-reference.com/ ... _value.htm

Go up and draft TALENT

So tell us what you're willing to trade in order to move into the top 20. I've linked the value chart above.

OP
OP
TheLegendOfBoom

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
KinesProf":th6hz96a said:
TheLegendOfBoom":th6hz96a said:
KinesProf":th6hz96a said:

You know I did say week 10-14 he was hurt right?

Yes, football players often get hurt during the course of the season. Many of those don't manage to play a full 16 though.
And even fewer manage to return to play the way he did in the playoffs.

If your expectation is for football players to not be hurt come December and January then you really don't understand what's going on out there.
That’s why you need to keep adding talent, bro!

After Lockett and Metcalf, the Seahawks receivers aren’t reliable.

Listen, I get you really like Lockett, I like him and Metcalf as well but I think the Seahawks can be better with more talent.

You win games with talent!

I think this year it’s worth it to move up and draft another impact receiver that scares defenses.

You can’t sit back and not score points in this division! Especially in quarters 1-3 again like they have been. In this NFL game, throwing the ball is a necessity as the rules have been altered to prefer throwing the ball.

The NFC West will score points!

Seattle needs to score points as well.

Defensive players will be available in the later rounds.

Carroll prefers day 2 and day 3 defensive player depth anyways!

We need impact players to keep the other NFC West teams on their toes defensively.

Wilson has gone on record to say he wants talent!

You’re not gonna move the ball through the air with Turner and Ursua being your main guys if Metcalf and Lockett get shut down.

Cause like it or not, Seattle can’t run the ball every single down.

They’ll eventually need to throw at some point in order to sustain drives. And you absolutely need the capable talent to consistently do so.

AlciG

Reaction score
Just answer the question about what you’re willing to trade

OP
OP
TheLegendOfBoom

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
AlciG":3mw586iv said:
KinesProf":3mw586iv said:

I guess he wants them to trade their first rounder and both seconds to the Raiders so they can jump SF
Yes, you may need too!

Jets, Raiders and Niners all need receivers.

OP
OP
TheLegendOfBoom

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
AlciG":24wpmoe9 said:
The 27th pick and the one of the second rounders to may be the Jets.

You need to understand the Niners will get better offensively and you should match them stride for stride.

The NFC West is starting to score points!

Seattle cannot be behind offensively.

AlciG

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":1e108usx said:
AlciG":1e108usx said:

You need to understand the Niners will get better offensively and you should match them stride for stride.

So you want the Jets out of the kindness of their hearts to take less trade value just to help the Hawks move up?

OP
OP
TheLegendOfBoom

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
AlciG":20njpwa1 said:
TheLegendOfBoom":20njpwa1 said:
AlciG":20njpwa1 said:

So you want the Jets out of the kindness of their hearts to take less trade value just to help the Hawks move up?
How does any other draft pick trades happen?

It first requires a team to offer.

A closed mouth doesn’t get fed.

If you never ask, the answer will always be, “No.”

AlciG

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":2yhzl8hj said:
AlciG":2yhzl8hj said:
TheLegendOfBoom":2yhzl8hj said:
AlciG":2yhzl8hj said:

How does any other draft pick trades happen?

It first requires a team to offer.

A closed mouth doesn’t get fed.

If you never ask, the answer will always be, “No.”

Seriously? The team trying to move up gives up the most value. That’s how those trades get done.
But I guess if JS ask nicely the Jets will be happy to lend a helping hand.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":1wg04o1a said:
AlciG":1wg04o1a said:

That'll get us up to Atlanta at 16, assuming they're interested in a trade down. To get to the Jets at 11, you'd need:

- The Jets to be interested
- To package together 27, 59, 101 and 133
- The Jets to accept that trade, which is STILL a 1pt. loss on the Rich Hill chart

It still ain't worth it, man. There's gonna be better value to be had this year in the second rounder for receiver.

Subzero717

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":2p8av9is said:
AlciG":2p8av9is said:

Seattle has Wilson. He is the great equalizer.
What you cant do is get caught up trying to match what others are doing and lose the identity of who you are. Granted at this moment I cant find this teams identity. I know what Carroll cisched teams identities look like.

endzorn

Reaction score
Anyone saying we need to trade up this draft is following flawed logic. Jim Moore pounds the drum for trading up and it makes no sense right now. The only reason to trade up would be if a generational talent slipped ON DRAFT DAY to a position where the compensation is worth the risk. I get the feeling that if Seattle traded up from 27 to 20 and drafted Aiyuk we’d have a ton of people excited simply because we’d traded up. You have to match talent and value.

One of the main reasons I never want Seattle to trade up in the first round is because Schneider generally values guys projected to be selected much later as first rounders. We’d probably trade up and take someone that would be available in the 45-60 range. I prefer that they trade down. I like them taking a ton of shots in the mid rounds over blowing first round pick after first round pick.

chris98251

Reaction score
Trying to keep up with the Jones's in the NFL never works, what sets us apart is what we do and teams having to compensate and build to stop us. Lockett and Metcalf are the starters right now, would be so nice to have Gordon back, he was a difference maker. A 4th guy that can play Slot and or Wide would be ideal, after that your going to be in trouble anyway. Rams had great depth last year, guess what they can't afford it all, 49ers had great depth, again can't afford to keep it all.

Going all in for one year rarely works.

We began to roll until the double whammy with Carson and Penny, teams were not wanting to face that and then also have a passing game to contend with they had to respect.

Get the running game repaired be it Carson and Penny or a new addition and hope they heal back to 100 percent and we are the thumb of the division.

Get our defense fixed and we are the dreaded opponent again.

So RB and defense is what I see us needing to get right, not WR.

Kid from NE is going to be a roll guy and a deep threat and blocker, Ursua may be a dark horse, Turner is a special teams guy more then anything they had to use to replace Gordon.

John63

Reaction score
IT is not our way to trade up if anything they will trade down. The only reason to trade up is if you have a player you are in love with, who should be as close to a guaranteed major impact player as you can get for a need you have. I dont see us doing that.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
The Seahawks need to trade down, like they always do. Last year they got an extra first round pick in trade value by trading down. Getting lots of second and third round picks is not as sexy as trading up, but it's how the FO has won a SB and brought in talent every year that keeps the team a SB contender. Last year we were poised, late in the year, to get a top 2 seed in the conference by trading down. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, PLEASE KEEP TRADING DOWN! A LOT!

GO HAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

u0087966

Reaction score
If they trade back, I hope the Seahawks trade back with Indy and get picks 34 and 44 (Hawks would probably have to give up 133).

34 - Okwara ED - ND
44 - Elliott DI - Missouri
59 - Claypool WR - ND
64 - Lewis - ED - Alabama (maybe an o-line selection instead - Ezra Johnson from Boise?)

101 - Best O-lineman available whether at C or T.

This would give the d-line the ability to have quality rotational players and give Russell another solid weapon at WR.

If Trevon Diggs or Josh Jones were available at 27, I would hope they would pick at 27 vs trading back though.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
Only way we should trade up is if there was a specific 'cant live without' player on our radar.
A) I don't believe we can afford what it would take to get that high in the order and I don't think we have that specific player on our screen.
B) We can get a very high quality player at 27. I want to see us do that instead of passing up our best chance in order to pick twice way down the line.
C) Only way I would trade 27 is if we are getting a proven high quality player for it. Hello Yannick!

nrayorr

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":vjl2b325 said:
Super, super deep wide receiver draft - absolute worst thing to do would be trade up for a receiver this year imo. If you're gonna trade up, it's gotta be for a defensive playmaker like Brown, Kinlaw, or preferably Isaiah Simmons. Otherwise, stay put or trade back and really go to town on that huge tier of great talent in the 2nd and 3rd round.
:ditto:

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Definitely NOT the year to trade up for a WR. Tons of great options available in the first 4-5 rounds.

Also, I'd argue that RB is a much bigger need, offensively.

The only trade up I want to see is for a blue chip edge rusher.