Seahawks Logo Painted on Saints Practice Field

PerSea Hawkin

Reaction score
Shane Falco":1nr7tisc said:
That's just weird. Wonder if they hung some replicant Seahawks banners from the rafters, gave their cheerleaders some Seagals uni's and so on and so on. The list of things that would make about as much sense goes on endlessly.

Yea. I wonder if they secretly put on Seahawk uniforms while practicing so they feel they will stand a chance. Sean Payton has so many tricks up his sleeve doesn't he?

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
I think the Saints felt they found something in Philly. They know the only way to beat the Hawks is to match their physicality. The logos are to remind the Saints players that the Hawks owned them and create psychological warfare. I would hate the Hawks too looking at that everyday. Brees is not going to come into the clink and throw it all over the place on us. Their plan is to run it down the Hawks throat and control the ball and line of scrimmage. Their plan of attack isn't finesse. I hope the Hawks are ready for a smash mouth angry game!!!

Number9

Reaction score
seahawk12thman":19czocym said:
I think the Saints felt they found something in Philly. They know the only way to beat the Hawks is to match their physicality. The logos are to remind the Saints players that the Hawks owned them and create psychological warfare. I would hate the Hawks too looking at that everyday. Brees is not going to come into the clink and throw it all over the place on us. Their plan is to run it down the Hawks throat and control the ball and line of scrimmage. Their plan of attack isn't finesse. I hope the Hawks are ready for a smash mouth angry game!!!

It took 3 pages for me to get to someone who actually "gets it". :)

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
seahawk12thman":3te8duvi said:
Ya think? Seriously San Francisco tries this every year and still get embarrassed and that Arizona game was an anomaly that happens every 5-10 years. It's obvious, Captain Obvious.

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
KCHawkGirl":32098x1j said:
I know the above post is a bit mean but really? And without factoring in Harvin? Getting very bored here.
I didn't see it referenced anywhere and it makes me a little nervous. You can mock me all you want to but these are professional athletes and they have pride.To see an opponents logo on the field would piss me off as well as every man on their roster. Interesting you referenced Arizona, how did that work out for us?? I acknowledge we have far greater talent than them but if they can run the football, they can keep our o on the sideline in theory. The 49ers can blame their coach for their results in Seattle ( honking and waiving at our team bus, comments about steroid use, etc). This game will be won in the trenches unlike the first game.

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":3o117vw8 said:
Good god, this is hilarious.

No fear of the Saints.

The Arizona game is what makes me a little on edge. I don't play the game so it really doesn't matter what I say but it is clear that Sean Payton desperately wants to win this game and is pulling out all the stops.

terrytogo

Reaction score
Shane Falco":39u3l7o3 said:
That's just weird. Wonder if they hung some replicant Seahawks banners from the rafters, gave their cheerleaders some Seagals uni's and so on and so on. The list of things that would make about as much sense goes on endlessly.

Only weird if it doesn't work.

Look, we have a superbowl winning coach who's team has averaged 12 wins/year his last four coached (playoffs excluded). We, as Saints fans, have learned not to question his tactics no matter how "weird" they may seem. The mental aspect of the game plays a huge factor, especially in the playoffs. By us going to Philly and getting a win, it has taken the proverbial monkey off our backs and we can now play with less pressure to win.

This is when we are at our best; when we play loose and don't shoot ourselves in the foot, we are very dangerous.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Take all your change and put it in your left hand pocket.

Tie your left shoe in a double knot.

Turn your hat around backwards. So you look like a fool? So what? What do you think you looked like losing 34-7?

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
seahawk12thman":3lmbne8n said:
NFSeahawks628":3lmbne8n said:

No fear of the Saints.

The Arizona game is what makes me a little on edge. I don't play the game so it really doesn't matter what I say but it is clear that Sean Payton desperately wants to win this game and is pulling out all the stops.

Painting your practice field the opposing teams color, is not what you should be focusing on, it's about the players and their execution of the game plan. Them painting their field shows me that haven't even gotten past the environment element.

Arizona is a division rival, completely different situation, imo.

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":wgy4cnav said:
seahawk12thman":wgy4cnav said:
NFSeahawks628":wgy4cnav said:

No fear of the Saints.

Painting your practice field the opposing teams color, is not what you should be focusing on, it's about the players and their execution of the game plan. Them painting their field shows me that haven't even gotten past the environment element.

Arizona is a division rival, completely different situation, imo.

I think you might be missing my point, I think painting the Hawks logo has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with getting comfortable with the environment. The Saints already know what's coming, this is strictly about reminding the players they got their asses kicked and that the Hawks owned them and embarrassed them. What Brees said to the media was window dressing and crap. A football field is the same everywhere..

Good news is if it fails, the Hawks WILL own them because nothing they try will have this effect again.

Hawkboi

Reaction score
Did they get written permission to put our logo on their practice field? I think there's a TM infraction here... :roll:

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
Hawkboi":11vua0w4 said:
Did they get written permission to put our logo on their practice field? I think there's a TM infraction here... :roll:

That's pretty brilliant actually :)

djb28

Reaction score
Maybe they could simulate a defensive beat down by playing against running Bulls.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
So if Seattle just paints a Saint's logo on their field, is it all good?

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
Scottemojo":2i7bidk9 said:

Have to trust Pete Carroll on this one, that is not his style.. If the Hawks bring the same intensity they bring when playing the Niners they win. Pete Carroll doesn't react to what other teams do, it is all about the Hawks.

terrytogo

Reaction score
Scottemojo":1sg62jpn said:

The only way you get to paint another team's logo on your field is if you've played a game in February before. 8)

Latest posts