Seahawks interested in Antoine Winfield Again?

Kamcussion

Reaction score
I would rather have Winfield honestly.. Winfield is a little more polished in the slot. If strengths are considered, it really would be sherman and lane on the outside, winfield in the slot and Maxwell in dime looks.

Just my two cents, just an opinion and i am probably wrong.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
If he would like to be back, and if PC&JS gave him a similar talk like when Mike Rob was cut, then bring him back in!

oasis

Reaction score
In this hypothetical, what happens after we have Winfield signed and WT3 returns? We'd probably hit 54 players on the squad. Cut Shead? That would feel weird. I don't like feeling weird.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
I hope not. Dude is old.

I like the chemistry this team has developed by using the next man up mantra.

This is an opportunity for Lane and Maxwell to show the world what they can do. It's their turn to be the next men up.

ivotuk

Reaction score
GoldenTater81":1l1o8zxn said:
I would rather have Winfield honestly.. Winfield is a little more polished in the slot. If strengths are considered, it really would be sherman and lane on the outside, winfield in the slot and Maxwell in dime looks.

Just my two cents, just an opinion and i am probably wrong)

LOL! You last statement cracks me up! You have obviously seen this board at its worst. :th2thumbs:

Love Winfield and hope he can come here and play.

OrFan

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":30luggc3 said:
I hope not. Dude is old.

This is an opportunity for Lane and Maxwell to show the world what they can do. It's their turn to be the next men up.

I agree.

OP
OP
CortezKennedyfan

CortezKennedyfan

Reaction score
oasis":kc3uy4kp said:
In this hypothetical, what happens after we have Winfield signed and WT3 returns? We'd probably hit 54 players on the squad. Cut Shead? That would feel weird. I don't like feeling weird.

Send Shead back to the practice squad...or if Antoine looks like he belongs back in retirement, tell him "thanks, but no thanks, we'll take it from here."

Either way the Seahawks have to take on Drew Brees, Colin Kaepernick, Eli Manning, and a surging Carson Palmer without WT3 or Browner.

We saw how we were lucky to get away without two tackles, now without two corners, we don't want to get caught with our pants down.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
I would be okay with it, but what would we do once BB and or WTIII return? Who would be the player that gets the boot, because I doubt Winfield would be okay with just being a 4 week fill-in.

The Outfield

Reaction score
Blitzer88":33eaib1o said:
I would be okay with it, but what would we do once BB and or WTIII return? Who would be the player that gets the boot, because I doubt Winfield would be okay with just being a 4 week fill-in.

If he has a shot at contributing towards a ring, how do you know if he wouldn't mind being a fill-in for a quarter of the season?

RezHawk

Reaction score
Blitzer88":3r68v5nw said:

Agreed, why would he come back if he was just gonna be cut again when the starters return. Plus this front office has shown a tendency to trust in its depth and give the youngsters a chance to prove themselves. Nothing against Winfield, just don't see it happening.

razgriz737

Reaction score
GoldenTater81":2x22y3ul said:

Just my two cents, just an opinion and i am probably wrong.
Plus, if nothing else, Winfield is at least familiar with the system.

Mick063

Reaction score
Lane admirably filled in at about this time of the season last year.

Just cut down on the defensive pass interference calls and Lane/Maxwell will be fine.

The Outfield

Reaction score
The nice thing is that the team still has the full week to prepare for this situation.

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":2d6ypol5 said:
I hope not. Dude is old.

I don't think it will happen. That article was based on nothing but speculation from a couple of sports writers. Given Carroll's oft-stated faith in the young kids on this roster, I think the Hawks will roll with the guys they have.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Bringing him back for emergency depth is OK. We need to keep developing our youngsters, so Winfield should only take the field if two additional CB's go down.

-Pete-

Reaction score
Long time lurker, blah blah blah…

I like Winfield - the guy’s a proven commodity. Yeah, he might have a few miles on him, but he also doesn’t have the wear ’n’ tear of 12 weeks of regular season. Plus, the guy already retired, so you know he’s 100% full-go on a SB contender. There’s no reason for him to leave anything in the tank.

On the other hand, B-Max has looked very capable in the (very) little I’ve seen from him. And the FO has done one helluva job so far, so you kinda gotta trust them. I mean, Walt is CB1 or 2 on alotta teams in this league.

/$.02

Go ‘Hawks!

drdiags

Reaction score
I think they probably roll with Maxwell and Lane. They will need to do something about depth though since Lane and Maxwell are special teams players. If they brought Winfield back (which I doubt he would come back, but that is another story), he most likely isn't playing special teams at his age. They are down two DBs with the ability to replace one of them for 4 weeks. This change of events may cause them to make a move with Browner that they didn't want to (just my idle speculation).