Seahawks In Divisional Round 7 of Last 10 Seasons

bmorepunk

Reaction score
The Seahawks are in the divisional round again, which they've done seven times in the last 10 seasons.

During that stretch they've also been 1st or 2nd in the division nine times. They've only missed the playoffs twice.

This year during the regular season they gave up 20 points or more in 14 games, nearly averaging 25 allowed. It's easy to say "well, the Eagles suck because of injuries" and ignore that the two most important lineman and all the running backs for the Seahawks were out (among others). The Seahawks held them to three field goals, when they've struggled all year not to let teams put up more than 25 points. It's also easy to get excited about the Seahawks "makng McCown look like an All-Pro". But he was held under 175 yards, sacked six times, and he played in seven of the nine offensive drives for the Eagles.

Is Pete Carroll perfect? No way; we've all seen some derp. But this team has been to two Super Bowls, won one of them, and has been to a division round game, where only 1/4 of NFL teams are playing, seven out of 10 years.

Is this a good team on the defensive side of the ball? No. But somehow in a tough division these guys managed to gut their way into the playoffs and get into the divisional round. Those two teams a lot of people were talking about as a Super Bowl matchup earlier in the season, the vaunted Patriots and Saints, are sitting at home next weekend. I get to watch another Seahawk game.

I don't care how they won their games to this point. Even if Aaron Rodgers rolls these guys 49-0 I'm still happy they get as far as they have. They have a chance of winning the next game, and the next one, and the next one because they're still in it. It's not a good chance with that defense, but they're still in it, which is more than I can say for Bill Belechick, who I read on this forum always does everything right. That dude is stewing over how Vrabel used his own penalty time suck against him while Carroll is prepping for the Packers.

The Seahawks have been in the top 1/4th of the league by staying in the dance every year over the last 10 seasons. That's a lot better than that stretch where they didn't make the playoffs over the same period of time.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
To be fair to the substantial "Fire Pete" crowd, there are probably idiots in the Patriots forum right now calling for Belichick's head.

Every message board has them.

Pete has faults, no doubt. Every coach does. But man am I thankful for this historic success he has helped bring to the Hawks.

HawkGA

Reaction score
I was thinking about this yesterday. Truly impressive. Only lost in the first round once. There are probably 29 other teams that would kill for this kind of consistency (not the Patriots, obviously, and the Stealers have been pretty impressive too).

ClippedBird

Reaction score
bmorepunk":2axd38vh said:
The Seahawks are in the divisional round again, which they've done seven times in the last 10 seasons.

During that stretch they've also been 1st or 2nd in the division nine times. They've only missed the playoffs twice.

This year during the regular season they gave up 20 points or more in 14 games, nearly averaging 25 allowed. It's easy to say "well, the Eagles suck because of injuries" and ignore that the two most important lineman and all the running backs for the Seahawks were out (among others). The Seahawks held them to three field goals, when they've struggled all year not to let teams put up more than 25 points. It's also easy to get excited about the Seahawks "makng McCown look like an All-Pro". But he was held under 175 yards, sacked six times, and he played in seven of the nine offensive drives for the Eagles.

Is Pete Carroll perfect? No way; we've all seen some derp. But this team has been to two Super Bowls, won one of them, and has been to a division round game, where only 1/4 of NFL teams are playing, seven out of 10 years.

Is this a good team on the defensive side of the ball? No. But somehow in a tough division these guys managed to gut their way into the playoffs and get into the divisional round. Those two teams a lot of people were talking about as a Super Bowl matchup earlier in the season, the vaunted Patriots and Saints, are sitting at home next weekend. I get to watch another Seahawk game.

I don't care how they won their games to this point. Even if Aaron Rodgers rolls these guys 49-0 I'm still happy they get as far as they have. They have a chance of winning the next game, and the next one, and the next one because they're still in it. It's not a good chance with that defense, but they're still in it, which is more than I can say for Bill Belechick, who I read on this forum always does everything right. That dude is stewing over how Vrabel used his own penalty time suck against him while Carroll is prepping for the Packers.

The Seahawks have been in the top 1/4th of the league by staying in the dance every year over the last 10 seasons. That's a lot better than that stretch where they didn't make the playoffs over the same period of time.

With just as many SBs as the real Birds during that time.

Malcolm butler

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Guess it's time to put my first "ignore" on this site. Yeah, you're that annoying and childish.
Death, taxes and Russ owning your Eagles. Enjoy the off season.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Hawkpower":27eyunlw said:
..........Pete has faults, no doubt. Every coach does. But man am I thankful for this historic success he has helped bring to the Hawks.
I was going to post this but you already did. All coaches make mistakes, they're human. Unprecedented Hawks success for a decade. So freaking awesome!

ClippedBird

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2i14f389 said:
Guess it's time to put my first "ignore" on this site. Yeah, you're that annoying and childish.
Death, taxes and Russ owning your Eagles. Enjoy the off season.

Awwww....Sorry if I hurt your butt h0le with my comments. Russ is quite the QB and a ton of fun to watch. Thanks for the good wishes during the off season. You are a class act.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
ClippedBird":3ms08d1v said:
A reminder, your team is Pete Carroll's and Russell Wilson's bitch. Beagles are 0-5 against them.
I see you take your cue from your team tho

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Never mind, you sound so stupid I'm going to enjoy reading your garbage posts. So much irony...….
Look in mirror son, you're getting owned more and more each time you post. The Hawks OWN the Eagles, just face it.

SanDiego49er

Reaction score
You have been very good. Especially the last 8 years. The combination of Pete Carroll and Russell Wilson has turned you into perennial contenders. You have a lot to be thankful. With two of the most important aspects you have a great situation. Head coach and quarterback. Those two slots can really drive a football team. With a missing piece there at either one it's very tough. But you have both filled nicely. So it's a big part of the reason you have been successful.

BChawkfan

Reaction score
ClippedBird":3jr5psah said:
bmorepunk":3jr5psah said:

Malcolm butler

Dude,your starting QB looked like he was concussed during pre game warm ups when he put his helmet on.
The only reason your team scored any points at all is because Wentz got a face full of turf and had to leave the game.