Seahawks @Houston RoadHawkin'

A

Anonymous

pmedic920":1ccfuyjf said:
Holy crap Scott. What a thing to see first hand. Sometimes I think there is no hope for us, and then a story like that pops up. Wow.

You know, I was not wearing a stitch if Hawks stuff at that moment. One of the few times, in fact. (I know, I know...). I just keep thinking that if I was, the conversation could have went totally different and what transpired would never have happened.

pmedic920

Reaction score
I notice little details like that a lot. I always wonder to my self, but never question. It's a good feeling when the planets line up just right (or whatever one believes in) and to know you may have been a small part in something much greater.

Subzero717

Reaction score
My luggage just arrived. P-Medics pounders of Rainiers in tact fwwww.

HH's legit 12 flag is here currently gaurding the Crowne as it is plastered in my hotel window facing right at Reliant.

I will say one thing and that is I don't think I have ever been to a city with nicer people. Everyone I've come in contact to this point has been very hospitable and just down right nice. Its been an awesome visit so far.

Also just to throw it out there, I know most have booked evenings but, The So Cal Seahawkers have a gig tonight. Sherms mom and the rest will be there. I got the adress but I couldn't make a location out of it. Maybe Rob can find out from his homies and post it for informational purposes.

OP
OP
bestfightstory

bestfightstory

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":12l9lpb7 said:
Everyone I've come in contact to this point has been very hospitable and just down right nice.

So you haven't run into Dom, yet?

LudwigsDrummer

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":1yrect1j said:
I just made a run to the Shell station for a spot of fuel and some sundries. While in line at the register, the clerk remarks to a patron regarding his matching Texans hat and shirt. He inquired as to whether the gentleman was lucky enough to be in attendance at tomorrow's game.

As the garb-wearing fan reached for his wallet, he lets out a sigh and says "nope, gave my tickets to my neighbor so he could take his kid". The clerk then remarks on how selfless that gesture was, and he is going to miss an awesome game. Another sigh from dude as he collects his change. "I know, but the boy has cancer and may not get another chance". "Wow" says the clerk "that's a cool thing you did there". The guy just smiles and heads for the door.

"Wait", a woman's voice erupts from behind me, "you can take our tickets". She reaches in her purse, pulls out two tickets, what looked to be a parking pass, and hands them to dude. "You take these and have a good time. We have something that came up anyway". After a lot of "are you sure"'s, dude walks out with a smile on his face.

As I'm at the counter the attention is squarely focused on this lady and her gesture. "Our son passed away three years ago of cancer, we'll stay home and watch the game".

How cool is that?

From what little I have gathered this week, you Houstoner's...Uh...Houstonite's are a classy group.
I plane departs SeaTac in an hour and truly look forward to seeing your great atmosphere.

NYCoug

Reaction score
Just got in to Houston with my two friends. Turns out my buddy booked us at the Crowne Plaza Suites and not the Crowne Plaza. Checkout tomorrow is at noon and since its further away from the stadium it's going to be a pain in the ass with the NFL's bag policy. I was wondering if anyone was bringing a car to the tailgate and wouldn't mind if we left our bags in your trunk during the game. We'll pick em up immediately afterwards. It would be greatly, hugely appreciated by all of us.

We're about to head downtown. What's everybody up to right now? Man it looks straight up cataclysmic out there. It's gon rain!!!

LudwigsDrummer

Reaction score
bestfightstory":k26be4tb said:
LudwigsDrummer":k26be4tb said:
bestfightstory":k26be4tb said:
Why hasn't anybody reminded me to bring the tickets?

Tickets?

Still have them. Have been double checking every half hour since I left home.

LOL, I do the same thing. I probably couldn't handle carrying tickets for out of towner's enroute to the game. Way too much pressure on myself, unless I have one of the briefcases the President's orderly carries around with the red button inside. You know, the kind with the killer security lock and hand cuffs and James Bond smoke screen with the throwing knife that slides out of the secret side compartment.

LudwigsDrummer

Reaction score
NYCoug":24pmpqqa said:
Just got in to Houston with my two friends. Turns out my buddy booked us at the Crowne Plaza Suites and not the Crowne Plaza. Checkout tomorrow is at noon and since its further away from the stadium it's going to be a pain in the ass with the NFL's bag policy. I was wondering if anyone was bringing a car to the tailgate and wouldn't mind if we left our bags in your trunk during the game. We'll pick em up immediately afterwards. It would be greatly, hugely appreciated by all of us.

We're about to head downtown. What's everybody up to right now? Man it looks straight up cataclysmic out there. It's gon rain!!!
NYC, I plan to leave my rental at the Crowne Plaza during the game and I am not in an immediate hurry after the game. If you need it you are welcome to park your gear in my trunk.

NYCoug

Reaction score
LudwigsDrummer":21svqqev said:
NYCoug":21svqqev said:

NYC, I plan to leave my rental at the Crowne Plaza during the game and I am not in an immediate hurry after the game. If you need it you are welcome to park your gear in my trunk.

You're the man Ludwig! Thank you so much, you're truly a class act and a model 12, and you have excellent taste in drummers. Looking forward to meeting you!

LudwigsDrummer

Reaction score
NYCoug":bqhhnngx said:
LudwigsDrummer":bqhhnngx said:
NYCoug":bqhhnngx said:

You're the man Ludwig! Thank you so much, you're truly a class act and a model 12, and you have excellent taste in drummers. Looking forward to meeting you!
My pleasure Coug and not a problem at all. See you tonight at TPs and we can coordinate then. My plane boards in 10 minutes.
Go Hawks

Subzero717

Reaction score
I'll echo the same as Lud if more space is needed. My car and room are open for storeage as I'm not leaving til early Monday. The Crowne lot seems to be well guarded.

MysterMatt

Reaction score
I am on Alaska flight 730 and will land at IAH at 4:30 or so. I'm renting a car, so if anyone needs a ride to the Crowne Plaza or anywhere nearby, just PM me.

Go Hawks!

Riley12

Reaction score
LudwigsDrummer":388sls9h said:

Wait a minute! Have you checked whether or not NYCoug is Israeli or not?

A

Anonymous

Ok bro-hams...

Just spoke with a manager at Twin Peaks - Kirby and they have a huge college game crowd that is going to be overlapping us a bit. I had originally squared-away a private are for 7:00pm and all of that is still a "go", but be advised; if a college game goes overtime, or some of that crowd decides to hang around for a bit, don't be alarmed.

When you get there earlier than 7:00pm, simply ask for a Patrick or a Jeff and they will get you hooked up.

I am putting the finishing touches on a Cadillac CTS-V at the moment (exhaust cut-outs and a wax job), and when I'm done I'm cleaning up and heading down, to arrive some time between 6:00 and 6:30, depending on how long it takes my client to get here and pay me $$$.

See y'all soon!

Go Hawks!!!

LudwigsDrummer

Reaction score
[*]
MysterMatt":d8yaus9a said:
I am on Alaska flight 730 and will land at IAH at 4:30 or so. I'm renting a car, so if anyone needs a ride to the Crowne Plaza or anywhere nearby, just PM me.

Go Hawks!
What row bro?
I'm in 10!

Latest posts