Seahawks favored by 3 over Falcons

Hawkpower

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":1m5uklw7 said:
SoulfishHawk":1m5uklw7 said:
Yeah, I'm a snowflake because I believe in my team. Instead of doom and gloom. Got it :2thumbs:
I wasn't even referring to you, lol.

Yes, it's doom and gloom to think we might lose to a team that exploited us last year in the playoffs, and really at home during the regular season as well.

Yes, its "snowflakeish" to think a 6-3 team could beat a 5-4 team at home where they normally play well in prime time games.

See how that turns around?

The game really is a toss up with a slight edge to Seattle as the team having the better year and at home. To say otherwise is just silly.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Hawkpower":14t54lkn said:
NFSeahawks628":14t54lkn said:
SoulfishHawk":14t54lkn said:
Yeah, I'm a snowflake because I believe in my team. Instead of doom and gloom. Got it :2thumbs:

Yes, it's doom and gloom to think we might lose to a team that exploited us last year in the playoffs, and really at home during the regular season as well.

Yes, its "snowflakeish" to think a 6-3 team could beat a 5-4 team at home where they normally play well in prime time games.

The game really is a toss up with a slight edge to Seattle as the team having the better year and at home. To say otherwise is just silly.

The comment was unrelated to what Soulhawk posted, it was about a silly conversation I was having with someone off .net on "perspective", to clarify.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
I absolutely hate how the officiating has tainted my view of what I think should happen and the last two games haven't helped that.

We have an enormous advantage in any night game against an east coast team. In a game where the officials are calling the penalties the same way for both teams we win this game fairly easily. Unfortunately just like the Redskins game where we are playing with a microscope on us so focused on any potential mistakes that they can't see our opponent (even out in the open) doing the same or worse, it ruins the enjoyment of watching the game and makes it hard to predict if this game will go the way we think or will the officials convert every failed third down until our opponents is within scoring position?

If they let them play we win this easily. If they are calling it tight for BOTH teams, we win this easily.

At least that's what I would predict. A great game plan could change the outcome or great focus could also catch us off guard. But for the most part those things often equal out as the game goes on and a team that plays most of their games at 10am usually struggles later in a west coast game with Jet Lag providing help.

I used to hope for an injury free game. Anymore I just hope the let them play.

It use to be fun to watch NFL football when you could see one team outplaying another but that is becoming rare anymore. More often than not you watch games (even games with no rooting interest) and you keep saying damn, if those critically timed penalties weren't a factor this would have been a great game.

Anyway if I had to predict this game with Seattle's history of dominance in prime time I would say We win this going away. Hopefully we get to see a real football game and not a mockery of a game.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Hawkpower":1e6x35gm said:
mikeak":1e6x35gm said:
Hmm looks like Atlanta just found their stride

At home against a Dallas team missing Elliot.

We will see

And their starting LT. Breath into the bag people, it's not that bad. The Patriots completely shut down the Falcons with much worse secondary personnel than we have. Bellichick did what he does and took away Jones and Matty couldn't recover from that. Take away Freeman, and add a ferocious DL to our HFA and propensity to play huge in Prime Time....we'll be ok.

And this is from a guy who predicted the Falcons would win after Sherman got hurt before I even saw the Dallas game. I hate a matchup with Jones against anyone we have ( unless Maxwell channels his inner 2015 again). But if we can erase Jones with a safety and Ryan spends the time to look his way first....well our DL will get home a bit I think.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Julio Jones might have a 100 by halftime. I dont have a good feeling about this game. I'll take Atlanta and the points.

FalconsFanNW

Reaction score
Hawkpower":3lbnodrr said:
NFSeahawks628":3lbnodrr said:
SoulfishHawk":3lbnodrr said:

Of course Seattle is going to have an edge at home... just like they did vs the Redskins.

It is a toss up game. I wish I could be more excited about it but in the end we all know that neither the Falcons or the Seahawks are going to sniff the Super Bowl this year. My excitement left the building after the Buffalo game.

The 3-0 start with goal line stop wins vs Chicago and Detroit had me somewhat skeptical... then the home losses to Buffalo and Miami (Jay Cutler, LOL) had me convinced.

This Falcons team is as inconsistent as the Seahawks... and that's the bottom line.

Last week vs Dallas they somewhat resembled the offense from last year... but whatever. 5-4? With the talent this team has? I had them at 5-0 heading into the New England game. Most everyone did.

Garbage coaching. Garbage performances on both sides of the ball.

I'm still picking the Falcons to win... mainly because of their performance last week and Seattle won't have Sherman. (Byron Maxwell? LOL... yeah, let him cover Julio like he did that first game with Philly)

Gonna be a close game either way... and if the Falcons lose I won't be surprised either. 5-5 is definitely possible.

Just a wasted season in Atlanta. Following up another wasted season capped off by a blown opportunity.

Meh. :pukeface:

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2tj90bdl said:
Hey Pitt, have you ever picked the Hawks to win a game? Just curious

Sure, took them against the Colts, 49ers, Cardinals, Giants, and Redskins.

Seymour

Reaction score
FalconsFanNW":15cugc4w said:
Garbage coaching. Garbage performances on both sides of the ball.

LOL. Last year it was "Quinning"

This year it is "garbage coaching".

Sound familiar anyone? Well, I have to say, at least they have the Sark factor to blame.

renofox

Reaction score
FWIW - Money is trending towards Seattle. Line moved to 2.5 in many books.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I think that line is too generous.

I’d say it’s a pick em game.

Sherm out, Kamtrack likely not to play, Earl still probably banged up.

Of course their OC (Sark) is a mental midget, but then again so is ours.

adeltaY

Reaction score
FWIW, PFF has Ryan as the top graded QB over the last three weeks. I swear, even apart from injuries this team has awful luck. We get to play the Falcons as they are finding their footing, Jimmy Garoppolo with the niners, the Cowboys with Zeke and Sean Lee coming back, and potentially the Cardinals with Carson Palmer and David Johnson returning. Add to that the fact that we had to play GB with Rodgers and Houston with Watson. Damn, it's just been/will continue to be an uphill climb.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Guess who was Defensive Player of the Week last week.....#99 Adrian Clayborn with six sacks against the Cowboys.
Our left OL better "suck it up" or Russ will be looking through his helmet through the ear hole!!!!

AgentDib

Reaction score
pmedic920":ypymvscu said:
Correct me if I️m wrong, 2.5 doesn’t even cover the HFA? IIRC, Seattle @ Home +2.5 isn’t really a favorite?
I see what you're thinking... but we're not playing them on a neutral field. Home field is just another factor like injuries and we're absolutely the favorite on Monday after considering all of the factors.

The line as of today has shifted to Seahawks -3 which corresponds to a ~55% chance of winning.